HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #2656
Supremacy Member

BTW, the COE orientation camp clashes with this course, so I am still thinking of which to go...
anyone can suggest which is more beneficial for me to attend?
the camp or refresher course?
hi future coursemate! going to com sci too. Not going for either since I have work to do, hope I can manage somehow
Old 20-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #2657

Summervin, im from NYP.
I share pretty similar fate as u haha. I took a longer path then my usual poly mates to get to poly. Older by 2-3 years...And it was indeed a v bumpy route to uni...got rejected initially and then appeal successful..
Omg. Really glad to know you! Let's strive hard in Uni!
joey_xu likes this.
Old 21-06-2015, 01:31 AM   #2658

anyone was from 20 jun smu is review session.have you guys gotten any response?
Old 21-06-2015, 06:09 AM   #2659

Hi has anyone heard from NUS with regards to appeals? What do you think the competition is like for NUS biz?? Seems to me everyone is appealing for NTU biz (do most people think it's better? If not why is everyone dying to go there while there's next to nothing on appeals to nus biz?) sorry for my incessant questions! If anyone can shed some light that'll be great and I also realized most are from Poly which is kind of intimidating haha do my fellow JC mates just like accept what they're given and are not motivated to appeal? Thanks and all the best to those waiting on their appeals!
Old 21-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #2660

anyone was from 20 jun smu is review session.have you guys gotten any response?
Hey that's me Haha no response but for me I guess there's little to no hope so yeah all the best to you!!
Old 21-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #2661
High Supremacy Member

Hi has anyone heard from NUS with regards to appeals? What do you think the competition is like for NUS biz?? Seems to me everyone is appealing for NTU biz (do most people think it's better? If not why is everyone dying to go there while there's next to nothing on appeals to nus biz?) sorry for my incessant questions! If anyone can shed some light that'll be great and I also realized most are from Poly which is kind of intimidating haha do my fellow JC mates just like accept what they're given and are not motivated to appeal? Thanks and all the best to those waiting on their appeals!
What make you think so lol

Old 21-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #2662
Supremacy Member

One thing ur forgetting is that it's harder for poly students to get in as compared to jc. The number of slots allocated are different
Old 21-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #2663

Anyone who went for RE DA interview receive offer yet?
Old 21-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #2664

Hey that's me Haha no response but for me I guess there's little to no hope so yeah all the best to you!!
hey! how was your test. i couldnt event compute the second part of the test.The format was totally different from the one we practised! dun really think i can secue a placing either
Old 21-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #2665

hey! how was your test. i couldnt event compute the second part of the test.The format was totally different from the one we practised! dun really think i can secue a placing either
I can't do any of the questions hahhaa so yeah I'm screwed. I think if you can do the first and second then you should be fine
Old 21-06-2015, 09:14 PM   #2666

How's life at NUS Biz? Easy? Hard? Manageable? Fun?
hahah I can't speak for others... but personally its like a fast forwarded version of poly... so it kind of sucks that I can't relax like I used to in poly but that aside.. my first year in uni was actually quite alright.. considering that I came from the exact same course from poly.. the modules are almost the same and it wasn't too difficult except the analytical (math) kind of modules for me. along with the 1st year (5 modules worth of S/U) gradeless.. it is somewhat an added advantage cause you choose your battles wisely and score As for those other than the 5 modules that you are gonna exclude from CAP/GPA computation

the camps were not bad... but comparing uni to poly classes... uni is mainly hi/bye... except for cca and other stuff. so kinda sian.. oh well... external activities come into play

how are you?

Last edited by jameskoay; 21-06-2015 at 09:16 PM..
Old 21-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #2667

Its not that bad to graduate in 3 yrs without honours right? Haha.
hahah erm.. I have friends (girls) who chose to graduate without honours... mainly cause they were 'tired' and just wanted to grad and work eh... well I would say whats the point of doing honours if you are gonna get like 3rd class honours right? maybe some ppl don't see the point of even getting 2nd lower? not sure leh.
Old 21-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #2668

hahah well most people are like "WOAH NBS SIA... I heard its the best business school in Singapore" "SMU Business! very good school! I heard they earn the most out of all the 3 schools! and they train students very well for IB!"

hahah this is my personal opinion why there is a hype for both schools and not NUS I too also laugh at this cause it is true.. there is really very little or close to none that say NUS Business is the best... I usually hear like oh cause its the flagship uni and all. So I just laugh about it also cause my gf is from SMU business let NBS and SMU Biz fight it out I'll just do my thang quietly I feel how well you grad is more important than the actual entry
Old 21-06-2015, 10:30 PM   #2669
Supremacy Member

hahah well most people are like "WOAH NBS SIA... I heard its the best business school in Singapore" "SMU Business! very good school! I heard they earn the most out of all the 3 schools! and they train students very well for IB!"

hahah this is my personal opinion why there is a hype for both schools and not NUS I too also laugh at this cause it is true.. there is really very little or close to none that say NUS Business is the best... I usually hear like oh cause its the flagship uni and all. So I just laugh about it also cause my gf is from SMU business let NBS and SMU Biz fight it out I'll just do my thang quietly I feel how well you grad is more important than the actual entry
NUS Business itself is not that famous... but it rides on NUS reputation as it's main attraction point. Plus its a top-tier course in NUS easily outside of Law & Medicine.

NTU Business is opposite... it has to ride on its own (NBS) reputation cause the NTU schoolname obviously lose to NUS by a large margin. Thats why NBS students don't like calling ourself "NTU BUSINESS" but instead keep using "NBS" instead..
Old 21-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #2670
Supremacy Member

hahah I can't speak for others... but personally its like a fast forwarded version of poly... so it kind of sucks that I can't relax like I used to in poly but that aside.. my first year in uni was actually quite alright.. considering that I came from the exact same course from poly.. the modules are almost the same and it wasn't too difficult except the analytical (math) kind of modules for me. along with the 1st year (5 modules worth of S/U) gradeless.. it is somewhat an added advantage cause you choose your battles wisely and score As for those other than the 5 modules that you are gonna exclude from CAP/GPA computation

the camps were not bad... but comparing uni to poly classes... uni is mainly hi/bye... except for cca and other stuff. so kinda sian.. oh well... external activities come into play

how are you?
Surviving in NTU Business. Like you said, also a faster paced version of poly with similar modules and content. But the competition is ten fold steeper and we don't have the gradeless thing.

But at least we have the cheapened direct honors so much easier to get here. But I saw someone post that NUS honors requirement changed to 3.2 so also easier to get...

I think third class or second lower still better than no honors leh... At least you can put "(Honours)" in your resume..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.