HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #2776
Supremacy Member

Basic marketing... when you rename chocolate cake to chocolate fudge, you can increase the price by 20%.

I'm trying to promote NTU Business. Can you don't ruin my post.
Old 28-06-2015, 12:27 AM   #2777
Supremacy Member

Maybe they changed the curriculum but I don't think it's a massive change of syabullus.

My batch of IT spec students are offered the option to cross over to Business Analytics, but they may have to overload in Year 3 depending on the modules they have taken so far.

Basic marketing... when you rename chocolate cake to chocolate fudge, you can increase the price by 20%.
I would think there should be a pretty decent change in the curriculum based on this

If it were the same, than they wouldnt have to overload..and if it were the same, than they'll have a huge advantage as well

It would be a waste of resources if they had concurrent modules..teaching similar things..with different course codes lol

Last edited by Zabiyaki; 28-06-2015 at 12:30 AM..
Old 28-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #2778

Anyone receive info for the physics prep course? Says payment need to be made. Its tomorrow. No news yet.
Old 28-06-2015, 10:55 PM   #2779

Will not having H2 A Level Math put students in NUS Business Admin at a disadvantage?
Old 28-06-2015, 11:01 PM   #2780
High Supremacy Member

Will not having H2 A Level Math put students in NUS Business Admin at a disadvantage?
I don't think so.
Don't think Biz students deal with very complicated math, amath should be sufficient bah

Old 29-06-2015, 12:36 AM   #2781

Anyone receive info for the physics prep course? Says payment need to be made. Its tomorrow. No news yet.
Must pay for the physics prep course? Lol. During my time a few years back, the math and physics prep course for engine students was free. How much have to pay?
Old 29-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #2782

help???

Can't decide whether i should give up appealing to the unis this year and wait for next years' admissions or try again. My appeals to FASS & NTU Socio got rejected. My RP is slightly below the cut off for FASS so that i understand but i clearly met socio's cut off so I'm pretty disappointed. Furthermore my admission to SMU Social Sci got rejected as well, still waiting for appeal results because i only sent in my appeal pretty late.

Actually I don't understand why SMU rejected me because my rp clearly meets its cut-off?? (major sian)

Anyway, what are the odds that sending another appeal email to ntu soci/smu social sci would increase my chances of being accepted?
Old 29-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #2783

Can't decide whether i should give up appealing to the unis this year and wait for next years' admissions or try again. My appeals to FASS & NTU Socio got rejected. My RP is slightly below the cut off for FASS so that i understand but i clearly met socio's cut off so I'm pretty disappointed. Furthermore my admission to SMU Social Sci got rejected as well, still waiting for appeal results because i only sent in my appeal pretty late.

Actually I don't understand why SMU rejected me because my rp clearly meets its cut-off?? (major sian)

Anyway, what are the odds that sending another appeal email to ntu soci/smu social sci would increase my chances of being accepted?
Were you from poly or JC? Maybe your GP or O level English grade isnt good enough? And IGP is just a rough guideline.. meeting the rp doesnt guarantee admission
Old 29-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #2784

I don't think so.
Don't think Biz students deal with very complicated math, amath should be sufficient bah
Ahhh thanks. Was from Arts stream in JC so quite worried about the transition haha
Old 29-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #2785

Yes, your IGP may meet the cut-off point for the course. BUT it does not guarantee you an offer/interview in the course you chose. It also depend on the number of people applying for the same course and whom has IGP higher than you and SMU assess holistically on your interview performance as well.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, if you have been rejected after sending your appeal and received the appeal results. High chance of resending another appeal will not help much. (Imagine other people also think of re-sending appeals when got rejected? They have to process this again. This don't sound logical to me and pretty redundant) If you are in NS right now, re apply again next year else you may want to take a gap year (if you are a girl) or apply other universities in Singapore.

Last edited by IAmZTX; 29-06-2015 at 06:12 PM..
Old 29-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #2786

Yes, your IGP may meet the cut-off point for the course. BUT it does not guarantee you an offer/interview in the course you chose. It also depend on the number of people applying for the same course and whom has IGP higher than you and SMU assess holistically on your interview performance as well.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, if you have been rejected after sending your appeal and received the appeal results. High chance of resending another appeal will not help much. (Imagine other people also think of re-sending appeals when got rejected? They have to process this again. This don't sound logical to me and pretty redundant) If you are in NS right now, re apply again next year else you may want to take a gap year (if you are a girl) or apply other universities in Singapore.
chill yo just wanted to get more advices regarding applications and if there are actually still opportunities for me this year. Other than that i'm kind prepared to re-apply next year.

Were you from poly or JC? Maybe your GP or O level English grade isnt good enough? And IGP is just a rough guideline.. meeting the rp doesnt guarantee admission
My O level eng and GP was good though... A2 and B respectively :\
Old 29-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #2787
Honorary Member

chill yo just wanted to get more advices regarding applications and if there are actually still opportunities for me this year. Other than that i'm kind prepared to re-apply next year.

you went JC and Poly?
Old 29-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #2788

Like the other poster mentioned, meeting the cut-off may not be enough. It depends on supply and demand. The IGP follows last year's batch on intake, which has no correlation to this year's intake. It might be the case that the demand for the courses you applied for increased.

Some things that might affect your admissions:
1. Are you a local, PR or foreigner?
2. Did you fail (S and below) any A-level subjects?
3. Did you fail any O-level subjects?

GP and English are not the only things they look at. RP is also not the only thing they look at. You might have a very good ranking point but failed a H2 subject and they might still not admit you because you don't have a full cert. I know someone else on this forum that punched way above the IGP for soci but still got rejected this year.

Edit: I know of people who got good RP but failed their H1 Math or even O-level Math and was rejected from SS courses because of that. Its social science.

Last edited by Havok_ex; 29-06-2015 at 10:59 PM..
Old 29-06-2015, 11:09 PM   #2789

go unisim/sit?
Like u?
10char
Old 29-06-2015, 11:32 PM   #2790

you went JC and Poly?
No just JC.

Like the other poster mentioned, meeting the cut-off may not be enough. It depends on supply and demand. The IGP follows last year's batch on intake, which has no correlation to this year's intake. It might be the case that the demand for the courses you applied for increased.

Some things that might affect your admissions:
1. Are you a local, PR or foreigner?
2. Did you fail (S and below) any A-level subjects?
3. Did you fail any O-level subjects?

GP and English are not the only things they look at. RP is also not the only thing they look at. You might have a very good ranking point but failed a H2 subject and they might still not admit you because you don't have a full cert. I know someone else on this forum that punched way above the IGP for soci but still got rejected this year.

Edit: I know of people who got good RP but failed their H1 Math or even O-level Math and was rejected from SS courses because of that. Its social science.
1. I'm local, have been since birth
2. Nop I didn't fail anything at Os and As..

I scored A & Bs for all my Art subjects and Ds for my Chem & Math..... but even so my O Levels em & am was A2?

And well... I participated in alot of school activities, took up several leadership roles and all those while i was in school... so i guess those didn't help me much in having a holistic background hahahaha.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.