HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2015, 01:25 AM   #2836

can't seem to find NTU SBS orientation week dates only some engineering courses and english has the dates on the NTU website. wonder why but is it advisable to go to orientation camps? like what if im attached and my bf will be unhappy if i go...? in such a dilemma...
Orientation camps are over for SBS. Didnt manage to go due to army. Anyway, I'm going into the same course too. and the orientation week can be found on ntu website. SBS welcome ceremony is on 5Aug2015 0930. All the best studying in SBS.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #2837

rejected by my faculty orientation camp
Hi, no worries, I guess it is alright for you not to go to orientation camp ya. U are going to SBS?

Refer to ur PM if you are going to SBS k?

Cheers
Old 14-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #2838

Can't decide whether i should give up appealing to the unis this year and wait for next years' admissions or try again. My appeals to FASS & NTU Socio got rejected. My RP is slightly below the cut off for FASS so that i understand but i clearly met socio's cut off so I'm pretty disappointed. Furthermore my admission to SMU Social Sci got rejected as well, still waiting for appeal results because i only sent in my appeal pretty late.

Actually I don't understand why SMU rejected me because my rp clearly meets its cut-off?? (major sian)

Anyway, what are the odds that sending another appeal email to ntu soci/smu social sci would increase my chances of being accepted?
sorry but can i check how do I see the cut off for the RP for the specific courses and uni? it doesnt state in the IGP right?
Old 14-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #2839

Meeting profs

Just wondering if anybody has had any experiences of just going down to the faculty's office and seeking to meet the relevant profs after they have failed their appeals? In particular NTU Comms/ NUS FASS/ SMU BIZ
Old 14-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #2840

Just wondering if anybody has had any experiences of just going down to the faculty's office and seeking to meet the relevant profs after they have failed their appeals? In particular NTU Comms/ NUS FASS/ SMU BIZ
I would like to know too.. Just got rejected today.
Old 14-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #2841

I would like to know too.. Just got rejected today.
Now would be abit too late already. Its mid-July. School starts in less than a month. You can try, but it boils down to luck. Most profs would be on holiday around this time. Also, you'd need to see a prof who is nice enough to hear your case. But as a tip, dont try the deans of the faculty. They wont bother.
Old 14-07-2015, 10:55 PM   #2842

sorry but can i check how do I see the cut off for the RP for the specific courses and uni? it doesnt state in the IGP right?
It doesnt state a specific cut-off because there is no specific cut-off. Take the IGP as a gauge.

http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/website_...GP/NTU_IGP.pdf
http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofi...ramme-igp.html
http://admissions.smu.edu.sg/sites/a...e_with_FAQ.pdf
Old 15-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #2843

Now would be abit too late already. Its mid-July. School starts in less than a month. You can try, but it boils down to luck. Most profs would be on holiday around this time. Also, you'd need to see a prof who is nice enough to hear your case. But as a tip, dont try the deans of the faculty. They wont bother.
Thanks for the advice But I guess I won't bother to appeal anymore... Shall just enroll into the school I've accepted and study there already...
Old 17-07-2015, 01:55 AM   #2844

its jus a cert.... even SIM grads earn more than local grad these days

why bother? just do ur best in whatever u can
Old 17-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #2845

its jus a cert.... even SIM grads earn more than local grad these days

why bother? just do ur best in whatever u can
It might surprise you but some people are actually in it for the quality education.
Old 17-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #2846

Does ntu provide free wifi for our mobile phones? Cause I'm going to stay in hostel. 😂
zero_88 likes this.
Old 17-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #2847
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is possible to find job with a relevant minor

for e.g. if I major in Computer Science, minor in Chinese

can I work in the chinese industry with a chinese minor?
Old 17-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #2848
Master Member

Does ntu provide free wifi for our mobile phones? Cause I'm going to stay in hostel. ��
Thought you went NUS? Decided to choose NTU ah?

There's campus wide wifi, but heard from my friends that the wifi strength in Hall areas are virtually non-existent.
Old 17-07-2015, 10:30 PM   #2849
Master Member

It is possible to find job with a relevant minor

for e.g. if I major in Computer Science, minor in Chinese

can I work in the chinese industry with a chinese minor?
I guess it's possible but really tough.
Old 17-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #2850

Thought you went NUS? Decided to choose NTU ah?

There's campus wide wifi, but heard from my friends that the wifi strength in Hall areas are virtually non-existent.
Yeah. Took me a lot of time to make the choice. HAHA. too kiasu.
jialat. my mobile data plan.... T.T
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.