HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #2851

Hi,would like to ask a few questions

1)NTU's QET test is not during year1 isit?cause I went into the webpage and saw that its for 2014-2015 students and i tried checking if im eligible the webpage shows "no records found" as im considered 2015-2016 intake,meaning year2 then take test?

2)The freshman guide mentioned that: The normal load for Year 1 students is 5 courses per semester, which is the maximum.(and it shows that theres already 5 core modules chosen for me)means the max core courses is 5,but got somemore additional courses isit?
Because in step 2,they also mentioned can add/drop the GER prescribed electives or unrestricted electives,and must complete 5 GER-PE electives..meaning in sem1 im supposed to take 10 modules isit?

3)Students with Polytechnic Diplomas are eligible for exemptions from up to 2 of the GER-PEs above. The School will be getting in touch with the Polytechnic graduates on the details of the exemptions.
Does this mean confirm can exempt or case-by-case basis?

Im so confused...plus got what unrestricted means fulfill requirements for minor...Minors supposed to be helpful in career isit?? can someone please help to clear my doubts?thank you so much

Last edited by ddmyuu; 18-07-2015 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: forgot one impt qn
Old 18-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #2852
High Supremacy Member

Does ntu provide free wifi for our mobile phones? Cause I'm going to stay in hostel. �
Yup there's free WiFi but the signal isn't really very strong in the room that I was previously staying in It's recommended that you bring a modem there.

Old 18-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #2853
High Supremacy Member

1)NTU's QET test is not during year1 isit?cause I went into the webpage and saw that its for 2014-2015 students and i tried checking if im eligible the webpage shows "no records found" as im considered 2015-2016 intake,meaning year2 then take test?

2)The freshman guide mentioned that: The normal load for Year 1 students is 5 courses per semester, which is the maximum.(and it shows that theres already 5 core modules chosen for me)means the max core courses is 5,but got somemore additional courses isit?
Because in step 2,they also mentioned can add/drop the GER prescribed electives or unrestricted electives,and must complete 5 GER-PE electives..meaning in sem1 im supposed to take 10 modules isit?

3)Students with Polytechnic Diplomas are eligible for exemptions from up to 2 of the GER-PEs above. The School will be getting in touch with the Polytechnic graduates on the details of the exemptions.

Im so confused...plus got what unrestricted means fulfill requirements for minor...Minors supposed to be helpful in career isit?? can someone please help to clear my doubts?thank you so much
1. QET should be taken in the first semester, maybe the site isn't updated (?)

2. You can clear the 5 GER-PE requirements over the next 3/4 years so yeah.. No rush to clear all of them in the first semester

I'd say a minor is only useful if it complements your major.

Old 18-07-2015, 12:47 PM   #2854

1. QET should be taken in the first semester, maybe the site isn't updated (?)

2. You can clear the 5 GER-PE requirements over the next 3/4 years so yeah.. No rush to clear all of them in the first semester

I'd say a minor is only useful if it complements your major.

Oh,i see.thank you so much.I'll check with the school regarding qet
so meaning only 5 electives required in four years?
then minor is not that necessary isit?
plus since uni would mainly be those hi-bye type,must choose one helpful cca isit?cause i got one friend he always arrange his time table nice nice then the remaining time go parttime,when his working life starts, he interviews for job the manager asks why no cca during uni,and because of that i think he got rejected for the job
Old 18-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #2855
High Supremacy Member

Oh,i see.thank you so much.I'll check with the school regarding qet
so meaning only 5 electives required in four years?
then minor is not that necessary isit?
plus since uni would mainly be those hi-bye type,must choose one helpful cca isit?cause i got one friend he always arrange his time table nice nice then the remaining time go parttime,when his working life starts, he interviews for job the manager asks why no cca during uni,and because of that i think he got rejected for the job
There's 2 types of electives that you'll have to take- GERPE and UE (unrestricted electives). So for your case, you'll only have to take 5 GERPEs, not too sure how many UEs you'll have to take since it varies from course to course.

And yup, minor isn't compulsory. You can actually drop it anytime you don't feel like taking it.

Hmm.. It depends bah. For my case the friends that I make in uni are really those hi-bye ones You can try joining hall or CCAs to widen your social circle I suppose.

Old 18-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #2856

1. QET should be on 4th August morning timing this year as well.
2. I thought last week of july then can see timetable for freshie? You should just take another GERPE per semester till you clear them.
3. Not sure, but I applied for exemptions when school starts last year and they were given to me.
Old 19-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #2857
Supremacy Member

Minor is like second major right?

Old 19-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #2858
High Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=soulblader_86;95275259]Minor is like second major right?

Old 19-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #2859

Minor is like second major right?
Minor only 5 modules. Second major is 11 modules. Of which 2 must be level 4.
Old 19-07-2015, 10:03 PM   #2860

Seeking advice

Hi all,

I want to get into NTU Accountancy really badly but was rejected this year.
Everything didn't work out even after appealing.
I did apply for SMU Business too and they put me on hold since the first day I applied and I was rejected this morning. I didn't have a chance to appeal.

I will be trying again next year but meanwhile is there anything I can do to strengthen my application and ensure that I can get into NTU Accountancy next year?

Below are my grades:
CGPA: 3.6828 with CCA achievement of Gold
L1R4: 10 (9 after deducting CCA)
L1R5: 13

Also, I do not have "O" level additional mathematics. But I did an additional mathematics module in poly on top of my diploma. (My lecturer told me that the cert is equivalent to O level Amaths)

Thanks!

Last edited by wawasdoll; 19-07-2015 at 10:34 PM..
Old 19-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #2861
Great Supremacy Member

sian rah, guess its time to create 2016-2017 thread... last chans
wawasdoll likes this.
Old 19-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #2862
Master Member

sian rah, guess its time to create 2016-2017 thread... last chans
No need so fast la... IGP out in November or December then create lol.

Your GPA how much? 3.81?
Old 19-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #2863

Omg. Please create one thou.

This is so worrying
Old 19-07-2015, 11:47 PM   #2864
Great Supremacy Member

No need so fast la... IGP out in November or December then create lol.

Your GPA how much? 3.81?
3.82... shld had studided in 1st sem
Old 19-07-2015, 11:59 PM   #2865
Master Member

3.82... shld had studided in 1st sem
The IGP is 3.79. You are borderline and I think you already know it too.

So you got chance, but really need luck and the applicants next year.

Your L1R4 got less than 15 points right? If yes then I think you got 50% chance.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.