HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #316

Anyone else got called up recently for smu interview? Specifically looking at prospective IS students, sent my application about 3 weeks ago
Old 05-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #317

Anyone else got called up recently for smu interview? Specifically looking at prospective IS students, sent my application about 3 weeks ago
Me! Was called two days ago, interview on next Friday
Old 05-03-2015, 06:56 PM   #318

Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la
Aiy can I know roughly how is the drop out rate ? Or how many poly people you see dropping out ?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #319

Me! Was called two days ago, interview on next Friday
When did you apply ah? And wats your gpa. Haha
Old 05-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #320

Aiy can I know roughly how is the drop out rate ? Or how many poly people you see dropping out ?
I think NTU's drop out rate is not that high, but the number of people taking more than 4 years to grad is quite high IMO. I've seen a few engin people grad at 4.5 years. If the workload is tough, dont just drop out, take less mods per sem. Use the summer holidays to clear electives during special sem. In fact, there were a few EEE students that grad only after 6 years...
Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #321
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think NTU's drop out rate is not that high, but the number of people taking more than 4 years to grad is quite high IMO. I've seen a few engin people grad at 4.5 years. If the workload is tough, dont just drop out, take less mods per sem. Use the summer holidays to clear electives during special sem. In fact, there were a few EEE students that grad only after 6 years...
yesss it is truth, and the environment is too studious, like no life...ppl there seldom smile at each other, all like mia after lesson.

i dun have many like minded friend in uni, all like super smart

Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #322

yesss it is truth, and the environment is too studious, like no life...ppl there seldom smile at each other, all like mia after lesson.

i dun have many like minded friend in uni, all like super smart
Haha. Lucky i left early. I suggest dont quit first.. if not you will lose 1 year tuition grant. Actually my thoughts are, degree is a piece of paper end of the day.

those looking for gov jobs, study top 3 better
if not you are those who will work in pte sector. Ultimately, its your work experiencr and performance that counts

Last edited by IAmZTX; 06-03-2015 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #323
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha. Lucky i left early. I suggest dont quit first.. if not you will lose 1 year tuition grant. Actually my thoughts are, degree is a piece of paper end of the day.

those looking for gov jobs, study top 3 better
if not you are those who will work in pte sector. Ultimately, its your work experiencr and performance that counts
Not going to quit, already in this s***hole
tuition grant thing is still okay, can change to humanites course and clear as UE

but that involve a lot of admin hassles and need to explain why u want to change etc...I already know a lot of senior in com science, if I change I have to start all over again...

just faster overload and S-A-F from there asap

but that is my own opinion,

if you all really passionate abt the computer hardware and Math algorithm, please study there.

if you are purely a programming kind of person, u are in a wrong place
Old 06-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #324
Supremacy Member

Not going to quit, already in this s***hole
tuition grant thing is still okay, can change to humanites course and clear as UE

but that involve a lot of admin hassles and need to explain why u want to change etc...I already know a lot of senior in com science, if I change I have to start all over again...

just faster overload and S-A-F from there asap

but that is my own opinion,

if you all really passionate abt the computer hardware and Math algorithm, please study there.

if you are purely a programming kind of person, u are in a wrong place
Overload grad faster..or underload get ur second upper..i guess its up to the student

I have friends who underload..but i havnt met any that overload yet
Old 06-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #325
High Supremacy Member

Need approval to overload I thought? Don't think they'll let you overload if your results are kinda jialat

Old 06-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #326
Master Member

Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la
so have you decided to change course already or not? my friend studied first sem drop out riao
Old 06-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #327
Arch-Supremacy Member

so have you decided to change course already or not? my friend studied first sem drop out riao
dropout? u mean he change course?

where is he now?

U also com science one right?

I nt changing, I dk where can I go
Old 06-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #328
Master Member

dropout? u mean he change course?

where is he now?

U also com science one right?

I nt changing, I dk where can I go
yeah, i this year matriculate. My friend com science also he tell me he dropout leh, should be same batch as you... now I think he on leave one sem then change course cause no point studying 2nd sem as he can use core as elective only
Old 06-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #329
Master Member

yeah, i this year matriculate. My friend com science also he tell me he dropout leh, should be same batch as you... now I think he on leave one sem then change course cause no point studying 2nd sem as he can use core as elective only
but he drop out not because too hard, I think is because he want pursue business or what instead. think he got 4.1x score. jc kia
Old 06-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #330
Arch-Supremacy Member

waa on leave, like that a bit waste time

I see how bah, if this sem I still kns, I next sem mabe change to chinese studies

at least is something I more comfortable with, shunbian enrol together with freshie
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.