NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

anglewing

Reaction score
Got my offer from NUS FASS today. However, they offered me acad year 2017-2018 when I ORD/disrupt next year.

My offer from SMU last year was for 2016-2017.

Did NUS made a mistake, or I can actually still disrupt and go for NUS in 2016? :s11:

Can I just ask, what was your O lvl L1B4 and gpa?

xxkakashixxx

Reaction score
Gpa 5 semesters 3.569
o level r4=21( no good..)
Applied to ntu EEE as first choice. Whats the chance of me getting in? from SP EEE
Most likely got chance or not ah? :/

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Gpa 5 semesters 3.569
o level r4=21( no good..)
Applied to ntu EEE as first choice. Whats the chance of me getting in? from SP EEE
Most likely got chance or not ah? :/

For EEE I think you got a solid chance. Dont have to worry.

Dr.Reid

Reaction score
That's great ! By any chance did your application go to processed as well before the outcome ? :s22:

After I submitted my application, I didn't bother to check until they sent me a text today telling my application status has been changed :s13:

littlecredits

Reaction score
Heard that NTU Public Policy has interviews for most applicants. Up till today, I have not received any calls nor any updates. I am worried as hell cos I see all the offers coming in for others yet it's so quiet on my end. Is this normal or am I over-worrying?

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead :)

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la

quote for hard truth..

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Heard that NTU Public Policy has interviews for most applicants. Up till today, I have not received any calls nor any updates. I am worried as hell cos I see all the offers coming in for others yet it's so quiet on my end. Is this normal or am I over-worrying?

Well, its still really early in the admissions period so you should just wait. The rejections would only come in May/June. Your GPA is lower than the PPGA IGP and PPGA is really getting more and more popular. I wouldnt be surprised if their IGP for this year jumps again.

Dr.Reid

Reaction score

I got offered by PPGA last year w/o any interview, and iirc, they only replied me in early May.

Different courses have different acceptance procedures to follow I guess, so don't worry too much :D

nardsoveryou

Reaction score
ntu business/nus business analytics

Applied for NTU Business and NUS Business Analytics. No news yet :(
Studied SP Biomedical Science. haha. i know right.

GPA: 3.65
O level: 6(L1R5)

Last edited:

anglewing

Reaction score
I got offered by PPGA last year w/o any interview, and iirc, they only replied me in early May.

Different courses have different acceptance procedures to follow I guess, so don't worry too much :D

Btw Reid, can't reply you, your inbox is full =:p

Anyways, yup, was my first choice.. I studied Aviation Management & Services. My application is with my first 4 semester results instead of 5 though, because my 5th semester was my internship. Maybe that's why?

Yeah, the person you replied to saying that theres alot of PRC lecturers in PPGA is my classmate haha! I'm really interested in FASS though, applied for PPGA more of as a backup.

stopdroproll

Reaction score
Your GPA is pretty far. But I think you might have a small chance. NTU english seems to be the easiest HSS course to get into at the moment. But due to the small sizes of HSS cohorts, the IGP fluctuation can be pretty high. All it takes is just 10 more students with good grades to apply for English for the IGP to shoot up. So it really is up to luck.

Thanks for the response! The latest IGP showed that the 10th percentile GPA for NTU's English is actually slightly lower than what it was the previous year. However, I'm not cheering that particular fact because there's always the possibility that admissions may try to skewer the English IGP upwards by being stricter in granting interviews to applicants below the 10th percentile.

And yes, my assumption might be wrong. All the best to everyone still waiting for an outcome!

rleer_5

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone heard from NUS architecture yet?
i got a 3.6 cgpa for first 5 sems, L1R5 : 16
Possible to get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.