HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2015, 02:39 AM   #451

Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la
quote for hard truth..
darthllord likes this.
Old 18-03-2015, 07:23 AM   #452

Heard that NTU Public Policy has interviews for most applicants. Up till today, I have not received any calls nor any updates. I am worried as hell cos I see all the offers coming in for others yet it's so quiet on my end. Is this normal or am I over-worrying?
Well, its still really early in the admissions period so you should just wait. The rejections would only come in May/June. Your GPA is lower than the PPGA IGP and PPGA is really getting more and more popular. I wouldnt be surprised if their IGP for this year jumps again.
Old 18-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #453

Heard that NTU Public Policy has interviews for most applicants. Up till today, I have not received any calls nor any updates. I am worried as hell cos I see all the offers coming in for others yet it's so quiet on my end. Is this normal or am I over-worrying?
I got offered by PPGA last year w/o any interview, and iirc, they only replied me in early May.

Different courses have different acceptance procedures to follow I guess, so don't worry too much
Old 18-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #454

quote for hard truth..
if you're scared of being trash until siao by FT and JC people
Then why go Uni
NO FEAR
Old 18-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #455

ntu business/nus business analytics

Applied for NTU Business and NUS Business Analytics. No news yet
Studied SP Biomedical Science. haha. i know right.

GPA: 3.65
O level: 6(L1R5)

Last edited by nardsoveryou; 18-03-2015 at 12:45 PM..
Old 18-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #456

I got offered by PPGA last year w/o any interview, and iirc, they only replied me in early May.

Different courses have different acceptance procedures to follow I guess, so don't worry too much
Btw Reid, can't reply you, your inbox is full

Anyways, yup, was my first choice.. I studied Aviation Management & Services. My application is with my first 4 semester results instead of 5 though, because my 5th semester was my internship. Maybe that's why?

Yeah, the person you replied to saying that theres alot of PRC lecturers in PPGA is my classmate haha! I'm really interested in FASS though, applied for PPGA more of as a backup.
Old 18-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #457

Your GPA is pretty far. But I think you might have a small chance. NTU english seems to be the easiest HSS course to get into at the moment. But due to the small sizes of HSS cohorts, the IGP fluctuation can be pretty high. All it takes is just 10 more students with good grades to apply for English for the IGP to shoot up. So it really is up to luck.
Thanks for the response! The latest IGP showed that the 10th percentile GPA for NTU's English is actually slightly lower than what it was the previous year. However, I'm not cheering that particular fact because there's always the possibility that admissions may try to skewer the English IGP upwards by being stricter in granting interviews to applicants below the 10th percentile.

And yes, my assumption might be wrong. All the best to everyone still waiting for an outcome!
Old 18-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #458

received my acceptance today. NTU Maritime Studies.
Old 18-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #459

Hello! May I ask if you received your acceptance via email or through the portal?
Email Received it in the evening.
Old 18-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #460

Hi, has anyone heard from NUS architecture yet?
i got a 3.6 cgpa for first 5 sems, L1R5 : 16
Possible to get in?
Old 19-03-2015, 12:59 AM   #461

Just got my offer for nus chem eng today!
puzhen0623 likes this.
Old 19-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #462

Too long

GPA 3.71 Mechanical Engineer with Merit but NO O level results.

Last year didn't get into NTU Mechanical Engineering, this year still pending.

Everybody cheer up!
puzhen0623 likes this.
Old 19-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #463
Supremacy Member

GPA 3.71 Mechanical Engineer with Merit but NO O level results.

Last year didn't get into NTU Mechanical Engineering, this year still pending.

Everybody cheer up!
are you from ite?
Old 19-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #464

Hi people, anybody applied for SMU? Do we have to emphasis on the CCA portion? (I only joined 2 CCA's my entire life..) Am worried that it will affect my application status
Old 19-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #465
High Supremacy Member

Applied for NTU Business and NUS Business Analytics. No news yet
Studied SP Biomedical Science. haha. i know right.

GPA: 3.65
O level: 6(L1R5)
O level so good dun go jc??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.