HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2015, 12:02 AM   #556

I know omg??? My finals are coming up but I have 0 motivation to start studying because I can't wait to switch school!

Good luck, you! Let's keep each other updated ;-)
yes lets keep each other updated and good luck to us and to your finals!!
Old 31-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #557

Rate my chances

Hi guys,
My cGPA (6 semesters): 3.64
No CCA record
With Dip Plus in Business Mathematics
L1R4: 7 L1R5:7

I am an SP Student with Diploma in Banking and Finance. Applied for Business Mgmt in NUS, NTU and SMU as first choice. Alternatively, hope to get into NTU Mathematical Sciences or economics.
Got no reply yet.

What are my chances for getting BM in the 3 unis and my chances to get Mathematical sciences or economics at NTU?
Old 31-03-2015, 01:22 AM   #558

Hi guys,
My cGPA (6 semesters): 3.64
No CCA record
With Dip Plus in Business Mathematics
L1R4: 7 L1R5:7

I am an SP Student with Diploma in Banking and Finance. Applied for Business Mgmt in NUS, NTU and SMU as first choice. Alternatively, hope to get into NTU Mathematical Sciences or economics.
Got no reply yet.

What are my chances for getting BM in the 3 unis and my chances to get Mathematical sciences or economics at NTU?
Hello. Sorry to say that ur chances for any of the 3 biz courses is very low. My friend wasn't even invited to an interview with NBS with a gpa of more than 3.7 and similar O level results as urs.

All the best to you!
Old 31-03-2015, 01:33 AM   #559

NTU NBS interview + essay writing tmr... :/ quite worried about it because I don't really have a clue about how the interview will be like (group/one to one?) and how they'd rate my essay! Anyone here who has already gone to nbs interview?

Btw idk if it makes a difference but I'm an A level student. H2 CME AAB. H1 geog A. Gp E(lol sian). Pw B.
Hello...I think what you really need to do is to speak coherently at the interview. I did my interview in 2013 and is admitting this year. Maybe I can share a few possible qn that they may ask.

1. Why is ur gp grade an E. What would u do to improve it? (Actual qn asked except it was abt my O levels English which was a B3 - poly grad)

2. In what ways can you contribute to NTU/NBS?

3. Applied to any other uni and which will u accept if u receive more than 1 offer?

The essay qn is usually generic qn like what is ur aspiration, what is ur ambition, along those lines.

All the best!

Last edited by bubblesaurr; 31-03-2015 at 01:46 AM..
Old 31-03-2015, 01:41 AM   #560

Hi, its my first time using this forum.
Have something related to ask.
my gpa is 3.58( 5 sems) & 3.56 (6 sems)
I chose biological science as first choice, followed by chemistry science, mathematical science from ntu.
Im from nanyang poly grad with a engin vourse. Can anyone rate my chance?
Thanks for all inputs
I think you have made an uninformed decision. Not that ur results is bad but rather it's not relevant since you hold an engineering dip. Usually only programmes such as biz and humanities welcome any dip while others look at relevancy. Maybe mathematical science is ok.

All the best!
Old 31-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #561

Hey guysss!

Just wanna say those who haven receive their application results yet, don't lose hope! I only got mine last year through mid June from NTU. Though NUS accepted me fairly fast during Apr. So just wait patiently!

And those that got accepted, university aren't easy at all. You really have to work a lot harder than you did before! So JIAYOU! 💪
Old 31-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #562

still waiting for smu ism to call for an interview if they even decide to interview me leh.

anyone else got a call recently?
Old 31-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #563

Anyone attended smu soe interview received offer from the uni?
Old 31-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #564

Anyone attended smu soe interview received offer from the uni?
Yes my friend got offer for SMU econs. 2 weeks after his interview.
Old 31-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #565

Yes my friend got offer for SMU econs. 2 weeks after his interview.
Thanks for the reply. I just attended the soe interview at last week Tuesday. Thought smu send their offer pretty fast. May I know ur friend is from Poly or JC?
Old 31-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #566

Thanks for the reply. I just attended the soe interview at last week Tuesday. Thought smu send their offer pretty fast. May I know ur friend is from Poly or JC?
Can say JC la
He do A levels overseas
It's not always fast btw
Sometimes longer my offer came within a week but his took more than 2 weeks.
Old 31-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #567

Hello. Sorry to say that ur chances for any of the 3 biz courses is very low. My friend wasn't even invited to an interview with NBS with a gpa of more than 3.7 and similar O level results as urs.

All the best to you!

Ohh that's sad . Then I guess my only hope is Mathematical Science. Thanks for the reply!! All the best to you too!!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:05 AM   #568

Hello!
I received a call from the SMU business today- and I'm required to go for English test and interview. I've read many forums and blog post abt it and they said it's like a GRP interview.. Anyone have anymore details abt it?

What are the possible dress code for female?
And does the whole process really last for 3h? Because I heard that the compre + conpo test is approx 1h15 mins. Then the rest of interview for 1h45 mins?

Please help out thank you!!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #569

Hello!
I received a call from the SMU business today- and I'm required to go for English test and interview. I've read many forums and blog post abt it and they said it's like a GRP interview.. Anyone have anymore details abt it?

What are the possible dress code for female?
And does the whole process really last for 3h? Because I heard that the compre + conpo test is approx 1h15 mins. Then the rest of interview for 1h45 mins?

Please help out thank you!!
The interview alone was fine, U will be given an article and allowed to discuss with your group members first, so anything U dun understand regarding to the article, you may raise it up during the discussion time. If u get nice group mates, the interview will go very smooth. So try to help each other and be nice during the interview.

The English test is a killer if u are from poly and your English is not stellar enough. It's a mini version of GP (A level English). Just do quickly and answer as many questions as possible. I am not sure the how important the English test as the admission factor cos I dun think I did well in it neither.

The duration of everything possibly last for more than 3 hours. For my session, I reported at 1:20pm and left the school around 5 pm. Anyway it would be a nice experience for you ! All the best and good luck ! For a girl simply wear a dress will be nice enough!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #570

The interview alone was fine, U will be given an article and allowed to discuss with your group members first, so anything U dun understand regarding to the article, you may raise it up during the discussion time. If u get nice group mates, the interview will go very smooth. So try to help each other and be nice during the interview.

The English test is a killer if u are from poly and your English is not stellar enough. It's a mini version of GP (A level English). Just do quickly and answer as many questions as possible. I am not sure the how important the English test as the admission factor cos I dun think I did well in it neither.

The duration of everything possibly last for more than 3 hours. For my session, I reported at 1:20pm and left the school around 5 pm. Anyway it would be a nice experience for you ! All the best and good luck ! For a girl simply wear a dress will be nice enough!
Thank you so much for your reply! I got a D for my GP though.. I'm really anxious and idk what to expect.. the whole thing and it's duration seemed really daunting for me- especially i'm more of the shy type and not very outspoken..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.