HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #571

Anyone applied to NUS FASS and got their acceptance already?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #572

NTU EEE offer out already???? Anyone?
Old 01-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #573

Hi guys. I had my SMU SOE interview in late February but I still haven't gotten any news from them yet. I'm starting to lose hope. I wanna ask if they would send us an email if we are being rejected or they would ignore our application and leave us hanging. As far as I know, some people already have their offers. I'm starting to worry )-:

Please advise. Thanks guys.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #574

Hi guys. I had my SMU SOE interview in late February but I still haven't gotten any news from them yet. I'm starting to lose hope. I wanna ask if they would send us an email if we are being rejected or they would ignore our application and leave us hanging. As far as I know, some people already have their offers. I'm starting to worry )-:

Please advise. Thanks guys.
If rejects, they probably will inform u on late May. Are u JC or poly?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #575

Hello!
I received a call from the SMU business today- and I'm required to go for English test and interview. I've read many forums and blog post abt it and they said it's like a GRP interview.. Anyone have anymore details abt it?

What are the possible dress code for female?
And does the whole process really last for 3h? Because I heard that the compre + conpo test is approx 1h15 mins. Then the rest of interview for 1h45 mins?

Please help out thank you!!
I am currently studying bm in SMU and I thought I should give you some tips for the interview and I hope this would make things easier for you!

So you will be given an article to read before the interview and a grace period to discuss with your interview batch mates. After which, you would be brought into the interview room where there will be professors facilitating the interview. In my personal opinion, the interview is not pressurising at all because it is really more like a discussion than an interview? So as long as you have utilise the time before to construct your thoughts and voice them out coherently during the interview, you are fine!

Tips:
1) During the pre-interview discussion, MAKE FRIENDS! Get comfortable. So you would be less awkward to voice out your opinions during the discussion.

2) When you have a point at the back of your mind, don't hesitate to voice it out. If you do, people might just say it before you do and you have to painstakingly think of another point to say. The point of the interview is really to see if you are suitable for SMU's vocal and interactive environment, it doesn't really matter imo if you are right or wrong.

3) Dress smartly (formal wear) and smile more for bonus points!!!

It is really quite fun if you don't see it as an interview. As for the written test, don't fret and just construct it like any other essays (Stand -> Agree -> Disagree -> Conclusion). If you struggle with it, you'd probably find out that you are not the only one. All the best! :-)
Old 01-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #576

So nobody got any calls asking you guys to head down for information systems interview recently?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:55 PM   #577

So nobody got any calls asking you guys to head down for information systems interview recently?
Yeah my friend got call for intervie. About a week ago. Got his acceptance 2 days after.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #578

I am currently studying bm in SMU and I thought I should give you some tips for the interview and I hope this would make things easier for you!

So you will be given an article to read before the interview and a grace period to discuss with your interview batch mates. After which, you would be brought into the interview room where there will be professors facilitating the interview. In my personal opinion, the interview is not pressurising at all because it is really more like a discussion than an interview? So as long as you have utilise the time before to construct your thoughts and voice them out coherently during the interview, you are fine!

Tips:
1) During the pre-interview discussion, MAKE FRIENDS! Get comfortable. So you would be less awkward to voice out your opinions during the discussion.

2) When you have a point at the back of your mind, don't hesitate to voice it out. If you do, people might just say it before you do and you have to painstakingly think of another point to say. The point of the interview is really to see if you are suitable for SMU's vocal and interactive environment, it doesn't really matter imo if you are right or wrong.

3) Dress smartly (formal wear) and smile more for bonus points!!!

It is really quite fun if you don't see it as an interview. As for the written test, don't fret and just construct it like any other essays (Stand -> Agree -> Disagree -> Conclusion). If you struggle with it, you'd probably find out that you are not the only one. All the best! :-)
Hey there thankyou so much for your help and useful tips! I'll keep them in mind and utilize them !! Really thankful for your effort in typing such a long reply!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #579
Supremacy Member

Has anyone attended SMU's social science admission interview? Received a call yesterday, don't know what to expect from it.....
Old 01-04-2015, 11:21 PM   #580
Great Supremacy Member

Hello!
I received a call from the SMU business today- and I'm required to go for English test and interview. I've read many forums and blog post abt it and they said it's like a GRP interview.. Anyone have anymore details abt it?

What are the possible dress code for female?
And does the whole process really last for 3h? Because I heard that the compre + conpo test is approx 1h15 mins. Then the rest of interview for 1h45 mins?

Please help out thank you!!
still rmb my smu biz interview last year... knn lots of hot chio bus wearing biz wear... KNN the entire shiat lasted from around 3 pm to 11 pm...
Old 01-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #581
Great Supremacy Member

The interview alone was fine, U will be given an article and allowed to discuss with your group members first, so anything U dun understand regarding to the article, you may raise it up during the discussion time. If u get nice group mates, the interview will go very smooth. So try to help each other and be nice during the interview.

The English test is a killer if u are from poly and your English is not stellar enough. It's a mini version of GP (A level English). Just do quickly and answer as many questions as possible. I am not sure the how important the English test as the admission factor cos I dun think I did well in it neither.

The duration of everything possibly last for more than 3 hours. For my session, I reported at 1:20pm and left the school around 5 pm. Anyway it would be a nice experience for you ! All the best and good luck ! For a girl simply wear a dress will be nice enough!
ccb y urs so short... knn mine more than 8 hrs!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your reply! I got a D for my GP though.. I'm really anxious and idk what to expect.. the whole thing and it's duration seemed really daunting for me- especially i'm more of the shy type and not very outspoken..
dun worry... doubt they put too much pts into your essay/compo... knn i wrote a lot of BS for it...
Old 01-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #582

Hi, I'm new here.
I received smu offer last week (Information Systems), academic year 2015/2016
Anyone same with me?
Old 02-04-2015, 05:32 AM   #583

still rmb my smu biz interview last year... knn lots of hot chio bus wearing biz wear... KNN the entire shiat lasted from around 3 pm to 11 pm...
Wow, that's really competitive! Omg but why does the whole thing (interview plus English test) last for 8hrs! That's pretty ridiculous!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #584
Arch-Supremacy Member

ccb y urs so short... knn mine more than 8 hrs!!!!!!!

dun worry... doubt they put too much pts into your essay/compo... knn i wrote a lot of BS for it...
Heng moi acc interview only 30mins niah. Biz students jin satki
Old 02-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #585

Hi, I'm new here.
I received smu offer last week (Information Systems), academic year 2015/2016
Anyone same with me?
When did u get called for interview? N how long ago did u apply if u dont mind me asking?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.