HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #586

Yeah my friend got call for intervie. About a week ago. Got his acceptance 2 days after.
Dont mind me asking but when did he apply and what are his grades like?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #587

If rejects, they probably will inform u on late May. Are u JC or poly?
I'm a Poly student.

GPA 3.80 (diploma with merit)
CCA role: member only
L1R4: 16 L1R5: 20 (English C6)

During the interview I was very nervous and I think I kind of screwed it up. What do you think of the chances of them accepting me?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #588

I'm a Poly student.

GPA 3.80 (diploma with merit)
CCA role: member only
L1R4: 16 L1R5: 20 (English C6)

During the interview I was very nervous and I think I kind of screwed it up. What do you think of the chances of them accepting me?
If u are not a foreign student, it is quite weird that you still not receive any news as now is more than one month since your interview. Cos smu normally give their offer quite fast.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #589

If u are not a foreign student, it is quite weird that you still not receive any news as now is more than one month since your interview. Cos smu normally give their offer quite fast.
I'm Singaporean. That's why... I have applied for private university to serve as back up plan. Thanks for your prompt reply ^.^
Old 02-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #590

Anyone applied to NUS FASS and got their acceptance already?
Hi anglewing, nope I haven't receive mine yet. Have you? My coursemate received hers already so I am quite depressed now... this waiting game is stretching way too long.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #591

Hi anglewing, nope I haven't receive mine yet. Have you? My coursemate received hers already so I am quite depressed now... this waiting game is stretching way too long.
Nope, I hvn't yet too.. what's yours and your coursemate's results?
Old 02-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #592

The flow will be 10 mins essay writing + a short(10-15mins) 2 to 1 interview.

For essay, you are only required to write 3 paras. can be any discussion topics under the sun.

Interview wise will be a 2 to 1 type. 1 Prof and 1 senior student. Same thing, they will bombard you with all sorts of qns, from simple ones like why nbs, why should we accept you to tough one like how do you envisage SG50 celebration, should females in sg serve,etc.

Dont worry, the fact that they shortlisted you for the interview means you are one foot in NBS. Do your best and god will do the rest! Goodluck!
Hello...I think what you really need to do is to speak coherently at the interview. I did my interview in 2013 and is admitting this year. Maybe I can share a few possible qn that they may ask.

1. Why is ur gp grade an E. What would u do to improve it? (Actual qn asked except it was abt my O levels English which was a B3 - poly grad)

2. In what ways can you contribute to NTU/NBS?

3. Applied to any other uni and which will u accept if u receive more than 1 offer?

The essay qn is usually generic qn like what is ur aspiration, what is ur ambition, along those lines.

All the best!
Didn't get to thank you two for replying me! I got to read your replies when I was travelling to ntu for the interview! both of you spotted the qns correctly but I honestly think I replied very badly and will fail the interview.... is it possible to appeal for another interview?? When will they start informing us about interview results? I feel like I threw away my chance to get into nbs T__________T

Last edited by theorigin; 02-04-2015 at 04:42 PM..
Old 02-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #593

Didn't get to thank you two for replying me! I got to read your replies when I was travelling to ntu for the interview! both of you spotted the qns correctly but I honestly think I replied very badly and will fail the interview.... is it possible to appeal for another interview?? When will they start informing us about interview results? I feel like I threw away my chance to get into nbs T__________T
No worry! I went for the interview on 15th Jan, my application status still processing. I very speechless. cheer up!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #594

SMU biz interview

Hey, I'm new here Last friday SMU called me to come for biz interview on April 11, but I don't remember the guy mentioning anything about the English test. Is it compulsory for everyone who's going for biz interview? I got A for GP but I'm still pretty nervous (aside the interview) since I haven't been writing proper essays for months Thanks ahead
Old 02-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #595
Great Supremacy Member

Hey, I'm new here Last friday SMU called me to come for biz interview on April 11, but I don't remember the guy mentioning anything about the English test. Is it compulsory for everyone who's going for biz interview? I got A for GP but I'm still pretty nervous (aside the interview) since I haven't been writing proper essays for months Thanks ahead
doubt those who get good marks for GP will have to go for it...
macchaaalatte likes this.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #596

Does anyone know if NTU English has started giving out acceptance letters?
Old 02-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #597

doubt those who get good marks for GP will have to go for it...
Thanks for your prompt reply! I hope so too XD
Old 02-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #598

It will prolly take 1-2 weeks for them to process your interview result. All hopes are not lost yet! i screwed up mine big time as well. Still gotten my offer in the end. They are looking far beyond just your answers, they are looking for who you are as a person in general as well.. press on!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:55 PM   #599

Smile

When did u get called for interview? N how long ago did u apply if u dont mind me asking?
My interview was before CNY.
I applied last year around October.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:00 PM   #600

I'm Singaporean. That's why... I have applied for private university to serve as back up plan. Thanks for your prompt reply ^.^

Hello, just be patience. I received my offer letter 2 months after the interview.
I think you will receive soon. All the best!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.