HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #691

Anyone knows what essay and verbal questions will be asked for NBS accountancy interview? Going this Friday @_@
Bro, mind sharing how's the interview like ?
Old 11-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #692

Unhappy

Hey guys,

I am a JC student, just did my A Levels.
I am very interested in Chemical Engineering in NUS.
According to the IGP 2015, NUS Chemical Enginnering is AAA/B CC (3H2/1H1 GP/PW) minimum.
I got AAB/A CB.

In terms of rank points, I just meet the cut-off for the bottom 10% of students in NUS Chem Engg. (83.75 rp)

Do you think I stand a chance?

Also, what is the key difference between NUS and NTU Chemical Engineering? What would you guys recommend?
Old 11-04-2015, 05:39 PM   #693

Quite hard coz they looking at 3 h2 As. Shud try for ntu
Old 11-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #694

Quite hard coz they looking at 3 h2 As. Shud try for ntu
I thought they look into your rank points? (Maybe I'm wrong) As its stated ABC is equivalent to BBB (as both will give same rank pt)? Or they really look into specific h2?
Old 11-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #695

I thought they look into your rank points? (Maybe I'm wrong) As its stated ABC is equivalent to BBB (as both will give same rank pt)? Or they really look into specific h2?
Yes it's by UAS (Rank Point) & not the grades unless it's otherwise stated for certain courses..
Old 11-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #696

They classify by merit. A student with 3 h2 As and 1 h1 b will edge another with 2h2 As 1h2 b and 1h1 A
Old 11-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #697

Hey guys,

I am a JC student, just did my A Levels.
I am very interested in Chemical Engineering in NUS.
According to the IGP 2015, NUS Chemical Enginnering is AAA/B CC (3H2/1H1 GP/PW) minimum.
I got AAB/A CB.

In terms of rank points, I just meet the cut-off for the bottom 10% of students in NUS Chem Engg. (83.75 rp)

Do you think I stand a chance?

Also, what is the key difference between NUS and NTU Chemical Engineering? What would you guys recommend?
I will not be able to give a definite ans because afterall is the admission office and school will consider, not me. So this is just what I think: you do have a chance because you meet the igp, however have to take note that it depends on the year students who are applying and what grades they actually have because if lets say the course is popular for this year, and majority of people with ues 85 applying for it, then it will be difficult for yours, but if the igp remains as it is, you do stand a chance. So afterall, it really depends on the cohort for this year, I think! (Ps if I'm wrong in saying that)

And I feel that nus chemical engineering considered good if you are the one that look into their ranking position because I think they are ranked 5th in the world? But if you are those that don't bother abt this but rather curriculum or modules etc, then maybe got to ask ppl who study in this field bah. Sry can't help much for this...

Last edited by blaze_im; 11-04-2015 at 08:59 PM..
Old 11-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #698

Hello! I went for the Soci interview last year ... which means I'm finishing my first year at NTU soon! Anyway, there is a written test first, they you will be given an article and asked to analyse it (ie; what is the main point the author is trying to say? why do you think he/she is writing this article) ...

After you are done, the papers will be collected, then you will wait with other candidates in the room. Profs will come and call your name and you will follow them to your interview!

For me this was the most stressful part cos' I didn't know what to expect initially but the profs (I had two, hahaha special case, usually it's just one!) who interviewed me were very nice! They asked me about current affairs, or what I knew was happening in recent news. It happened to be one day after Thailand imposed martial law last year, so I talked about that and they asked me if I felt it was a coup or not After that, I also talked about MH370 (cos it was also quite recent from last year) and the Sewol ferry sinking, and they asked me what I could relate to from these two incidents ...

Then moving on, they asked me a few personal questions (why Soci etc), and I remembered the last question was what my hobbies were. By then I was quite relaxed, so I said "reading ... and uh, does cooking count?" and the profs just chuckled and that was it!

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your reply.. My interview went very well and I am really hopeful to get into NTU sociology.. Your help is greatly appreciated.. May i know how long after your interview the acceptance letter arrived?
Old 12-04-2015, 01:29 AM   #699

Alamak till now still bo news from any uni...

Applied for NUS, NTU & SMU biz with 5 sem GPA of 3.79. Uploaded final GPA of 3.82 to NTU & SMU portals.

Still got chance annot huh? 😢
Old 12-04-2015, 03:00 AM   #700
Master Member

Alamak till now still bo news from any uni...

Applied for NUS, NTU & SMU biz with 5 sem GPA of 3.79. Uploaded final GPA of 3.82 to NTU & SMU portals.

Still got chance annot huh? 😢
You confirm got chance one rah. Just wait. My gpa 3.91 so far only nus and smu accepted me into information system . NTU totally no sound

Old 12-04-2015, 09:08 AM   #701

You confirm got chance one rah. Just wait. My gpa 3.91 so far only nus and smu accepted me into information system . NTU totally no sound
For SMU, were u still required to go for interview? do u remember when did they call u and when did u apply roughly?
Old 12-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #702

Yes, NUS is 5th in the world for chemical engg, NTU is 25th in the world.

Praying really hard that the IGP does not increase

Thanks for your help though!
Old 12-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #703

WTH lol

wa still "application received" from NUS and zero news from NTU lol
Old 12-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #704

Sure bo... ur GPA high leh...
any poly students went for biz interview or got accepted alr??? 😨
Pls post ur GPA & date of interview + acceptance. Thanks!!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #705

wa still "application received" from NUS and zero news from NTU lol
Mine also 'application received' from NUS
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.