NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

vital1996

Reaction score
Hi. Jc kid with 75 rp here. I received an offer for NUS-engineering and went for my SMU business interview yesterday. In my NTU application, i put Business as my first choice and applied for Discretionary Application too - filled up the relevant parts and 2 of my teachers sent appraisals too. Just want to check if anyone below 80 rp has been offered NTU Business :)

nightzsky

Reaction score
nus science

i just got called for interview for nus FOS...anyone know how the interview like? can share the questions they asked? and btw..this year cut off point for FOS very high? anyone with 78.75 rp also got called for FOS interview in nus or being offered without going for interview?

Last edited:

maicowpeh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and maybe the last, at this forum. I created an account specially to share my story as I read through this forum and realised there are a number of people who feel hopeless about applications.

I am admitted into NUS FASS with a rank points of 72.75, and yes, without DA, without MTL bonus points. I really don't believe it at first, as, after reading through countless of threads and hearing that FASS only accept people with RP 75 and above for normal route, according to many other people who are already in FASS.

Furthermore, i am really unsure as i ticked 'yes' for the section on whether i want to opt for the MTL bonus point system or not. Also, i submitted 3 recommendation letters to give it a shot for DA. Hence, i am really confused as to which scheme i am admitted under. :s11:

I received the package on Tuesday, and received my offer last Friday. It is so unbelievable, I called NUS office of admissions and FASS themselves for at least 3 times. The people at NUS office of admissions said that if you are admitted under MTL bonus point scheme, it will be stated in the NUS aces portal (the portal which i got to know i am accepted). I double checked again and again, and yes, I am at least 80% sure now that i am admitted through normal route, with RP 72.75. :)

I hope my story serves as some motivation for some people here. I believe the universities really did look through our documents despite the high numbers of applications.

As for how i got in, i believe it is because of my internship which is related to CNM (a major in NUS FASS). I talked about my internship in the 200 word essay, and also, i got my boss whom i am really grateful of to write for me a recommendation letter. I won't say what my internship is about here lest i got identified hahas. ;)

And they said FASS is becoming more and more competitive

kkssin

Reaction score
Anyone previously know of friends who went for interview like months ago and received offer in the End?

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just got called for interview for nus FOS...anyone know how the interview like? can share the questions they asked? and btw..this year cut off point for FOS very high? anyone with 78.75 rp also got called for FOS interview in nus or being offered without going for interview?
The interview is pretty much like a chit-chat session with the profs for them to know how you're like as a person. So basically they'll ask you questions like:
Why did you choose FOS?
Why did you pick XXX as your _th choice?
What are your hobbies?
What do you want to work as in the future?

Sent from my potato using GAGT

ratcha

Reaction score
Hi u poly or jc?
How did they contact u. Quite worried here coz i got 86.25 rp still application processing

nightzsky

Reaction score
72.5 needs to go DA interview?? Looks like this year's cut off point for fos is higher than last year's :eek::eek:

can i know what' you get for 3H2s and H1? :)

Hi! Have u gotten any reply from nus science? I also applied that and my rp is 78.75.. They just called me yesterday for discretionary admission...did u get call up for interview??

CHICGEEK

Reaction score
Hello! :) I took the test last year. Umm the written test has two parts, I think you only have to answer one. Choose either:

1) Write about your favourite writing/book or something like that?
2) Analyse one of two poems. One of the poems was cumming's I Carry Your Heart With Me.

After the written test, a Prof will interview you. Because I wrote about my favourite book we had a discussion about that and she later asked me more about my personal hobbies etc.

Hope this helps!

Hi there! Thanks for your help, this gives me a better idea on how to prepare for the interview :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.