NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightzsky

Reaction score
I'm from jc and got 75 rp, also tio rejected by fass... Which is weird considering I heard that nus policy is award positions based on results first before opening up to naa/dc to those who cmi, whereas ntu is the one which accepts naa/dc regardless of results first. Could be coz I from the batch 2 years before.

Anyone konws ppl who got into wkwsci (ntu mass comm) with ~75rp this year? Thinking of appealing, but didnt get shortlisted their reception earlier this month... I got offered nus science and ntu econs btw.

did the nus science call u for an interview before giving u offer?

ChangChingChong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sian applied NUS econs+bizad... They give me bizad only... Issit because i nvr put fass as one of the single degree choices? My UAS is 87.5... Jin moody

nightzsky

Reaction score
Nope, I applied naa/dc for NTU (didnt get called) , but not NUS... I heard this year NUS science called some ~72.5rp for interview though

really..my rp is 78.75..i get called up for discretionary admission interview for nus science..

bluephat

Reaction score
Anyone has got experience with appeals?

Suppose if I accept a course from NUS (before 2 June), and thereafter I appeal to 3 different courses in NUS, NTU and SMU

If 1 or more of my appeal goes through (before/after 2 June), will my original place in NUS be automatically revoked?

Or will I have a choice between choosing my original course and the successfully appealed course(s)?

lalaland1527

Reaction score
How did u submit the recommendation letters. Nus did not ask for it right ?

Hi fathernature,

Yes, during the application process, NUS always said that recommendation letters are not required, and if we really want to submit documents, they have to be related to what we wrote for the DA section (e.g. your CCA or internship etc).

NUS didn't explicitly say how documents can be submitted for DA. It is not even on their website. However, i called them and they said that there are 2 options - use form 2 which give me access to an application number, that is not provided if you you form 1, in which i will give my teachers so that they can create an account in a portal (normally only for people who are applying for scholarships, NUS claimed) using my application number and NIRIC, and their own NIRIC (I think) and upload their letters there.

By using form 2, i will have to upload a lot of supporting documents. NUS said that i can upload the letter or any document i think will be useful together with the documents (O and A level result transcripts, photocopy of NIRIC, PW results etc), but limiting to 2MB, which is kind of limited, even after i compress everything, as the must submit document already take up a lot of space. I submitted my boss' recommendation letter together with my other supporting documents. For this method, I suggest you choose the additional documents you want to upload wisely.

To future applicants, I have to say that uni application for people like me whose results dun really make the cut/a little bit off from previous year's COP, is very tedious. You have to find out a lot of things yourself if you want to try for NAA/DA (yes, you have to go beyond the websites and forums). For those applying for scholarship, i can't give you much info as i dont even dare to dream for it lol. Don't hesitate to save the office of admissions number in your phone to call them up when in doubt!

maicowpeh

Reaction score
Hi fathernature,

Yes, during the application process, NUS always said that recommendation letters are not required, and if we really want to submit documents, they have to be related to what we wrote for the DA section (e.g. your CCA or internship etc).

NUS didn't explicitly say how documents can be submitted for DA. It is not even on their website. However, i called them and they said that there are 2 options - use form 2 which give me access to an application number, that is not provided if you you form 1, in which i will give my teachers so that they can create an account in a portal (normally only for people who are applying for scholarships, NUS claimed) using my application number and NIRIC, and their own NIRIC (I think) and upload their letters there.

By using form 2, i will have to upload a lot of supporting documents. NUS said that i can upload the letter or any document i think will be useful together with the documents (O and A level result transcripts, photocopy of NIRIC, PW results etc), but limiting to 2MB, which is kind of limited, even after i compress everything, as the must submit document already take up a lot of space. I submitted my boss' recommendation letter together with my other supporting documents. For this method, I suggest you choose the additional documents you want to upload wisely.

To future applicants, I have to say that uni application for people like me whose results dun really make the cut/a little bit off from previous year's COP, is very tedious. You have to find out a lot of things yourself if you want to try for NAA/DA (yes, you have to go beyond the websites and forums). For those applying for scholarship, i can't give you much info as i dont even dare to dream for it lol. Don't hesitate to save the office of admissions number in your phone to call them up when in doubt!

Are u a private candidate?

Efulim

Reaction score
I'm going to go for SMU information systems interview this coming Saturday. I have already went for an interview once but they said that it is not enough to let them accept me. During the first interview, I have done some estimation question and explain why am I interested in joining this course. This time, they asked me to read up on simple Java Coding before going for the interview as there is going to be a quiz and a group discussion.

Is there anything that I should prepare before going for the second interview other than learning about the Java programme? Is there anyone that went for a second SMU SIS interview? Can share some tips? 😅

Qosmix

Reaction score
I'm going to go for SMU information systems interview this coming Saturday. I have already went for an interview once but they said that it is not enough to let them accept me. During the first interview, I have done some estimation question and explain why am I interested in joining this course. This time, they asked me to read up on simple Java Coding before going for the interview as there is going to be a quiz and a group discussion.

Is there anything that I should prepare before going for the second interview other than learning about the Java programme? Is there anyone that went for a second SMU SIS interview? Can share some tips? 😅

When did u go for your first interview? And your gpa? Mind sharing when they informed u of this 2nd interview too?

yellowmuffins

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the appeal period for NTU (15 May - 2 June 2015) is brought forward by a lot this year?

Cause my seniors all told me that they got acceptance letters from NTU in like mid June in previous years and i'm getting worried since there's still no acceptance/rejection and i can't appeal yet.

xxxjyxxx

Reaction score
Hello, been following this thread quite closely and have been a silent reader. Decided to finally create an account and share the offers I've received!

Got AAD/C (CME/P) D for GP B for PW for A's.
Received offer from faculty of science from NUS (2nd choice) on 21/4
NTU offered me Mathematical Sciences with a minor in finance, also my second choice on 23/4
Both without interview. Did not do DA for NTU as well cause i was lazy.

I had my SMU Business interview on 22/4 and currently waiting for results as well. If anyone got their offers please let me know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.