NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowhek12

Reaction score
Went for SMU interview about a week ago but i think i did not perform too well for it and havent gotten any response thus far! Does this mean i am screwed? :(

Doesn't mean you're screwed, some ppl received their offer after two weeks

Gowhek12

Reaction score
Hope u get ur offer soon! :) Do u mind sharing what's the questions they asked?

For me because bio is my worst h2 which I scored a C grade, but yet I put life sciences as my first choice for major so the professors asked me why. So I said its out of passion. And they asked me which topics in interested in. So luckily I read up and I said the genetic mutation aspect then I was asked to name some of the syndromes that I know and explain more about it.

xyyyyyy999

Reaction score
Hi, i got the same rank points as you.
Im pretty sure you'll get call up by SMU because i got accepted in their SOSS Dont worry too much about SMU!
Not too sure about NTU because i applied different courses from you. I havent heard from NUS yet though..
Cheer up! I know the wait is rly difficult, especially when all your other friends are accepted alrdy

rlyyy???? yeah it's damn stressful!! hopefully i get a reply soon though! Did they email you regarding your acceptance? & what did you apply for in NUS??

Gowhek12

Reaction score
rlyyy???? yeah it's damn stressful!! hopefully i get a reply soon though! Did they email you regarding your acceptance? & what did you apply for in NUS??

I got the same rank points as u too! And yup Alr got a place in SMU SOSS. NTU biological sciences. Went for NUS FOS DA interview yesterday. :) don't worry!! I know of ppl with higher rank points and haven't got any offers from NUS.

lindaxxx

Reaction score

smu called me up for interview and I recieve their offer through email! I applied fass for nus as well but I think my chances are near zero. hoping I can get in mt related fass through the mt bonus pts scheme though.

xyyyyyy999

Reaction score
I got the same rank points as u too! And yup Alr got a place in SMU SOSS. NTU biological sciences. Went for NUS FOS DA interview yesterday. :) don't worry!! I know of ppl with higher rank points and haven't got any offers from NUS.

whats up w smu & me why don't they want to accept me yet!! hahahah!! ALL THE BEST for NUS!! Which course do you want to accept preferably?

xyyyyyy999

Reaction score
smu called me up for interview and I recieve their offer through email! I applied fass for nus as well but I think my chances are near zero. hoping I can get in mt related fass through the mt bonus pts scheme though.

why near zero? :/ i'm actually praying super hard that fass takes me!!

lindaxxx

Reaction score
why near zero? :/ i'm actually praying super hard that fass takes me!!

saw one with rank points 73+( after mt bonus) and got rejected from fass:/
I am in the same situation haha, and it's been so long since my application is processing 2 weeks ago. Anyway cheer up! maybe just need that bit of a luck!

nightzsky

Reaction score
For me because bio is my worst h2 which I scored a C grade, but yet I put life sciences as my first choice for major so the professors asked me why. So I said its out of passion. And they asked me which topics in interested in. So luckily I read up and I said the genetic mutation aspect then I was asked to name some of the syndromes that I know and explain more about it.

I see...Ok thanks! haha guess I should read up on Chemistry before going for interview! =) Btw, u indicated the major u intended to take by sending them an email right(which they asked u to do so)? Did they reply u after u sent the email?

nightzsky

Reaction score
NTU Business

Anyone went for Ntu Business interview??can share the questions they asked during interview? Thanks! =)

stressedout95

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the appeal system in NTU works ?
I got an offered for a spot at NTU Computer Science, I will like to appeal to another course. Upon appeal must I accept my spot at Comp Science or can I just appeal without accepting ?

which course are you appealing to and what are your rp? :)

Cheerysingaporean

Reaction score
Just curious... Cld diploma students apply for unrelated degrees @NUS? Fr example a diploma in clean energy allows me to choose either computer engineering or electrical engineering. Are we not allowed to apply to other courses such as industrial systems & engineering or environmental studies?

Last edited:

Cheerysingaporean

Reaction score
Hi, I have not yet received any notification from SMU regarding an interview or a rejection. Does it mean that I have no chance for any of the 3 courses I picked?
I picked:
1) Acct
2) Biz
3) Econs

Can you guys tell me what's my chances of getting an interview?

Graduated: TP Accounting & Finance
GPA: 3.56
L1R4: 11 RAW
L1R5: 14 RAW
*Could minus 2 after CCA points.
SAT Reasoning Test: 2020 (First Attempt)
*Taking my 2nd attempt in May, predicted score: 2200+ ~ 2300+

CCA:
Part of Accounting Interest Group committee
Took part in NTU Audit and Accounting Challenge
Took part in SMU Tax Competition and ended up in Top 12
Was CSM in NCC(Land) during my secondary school days

Other activities:
Established an online retail store with $5000. Earned $4000 in profit 4 months since its inception.

How do I appeal if I fail to get an interview?
If my appeal is successful, will I be granted an interview?
When can I start appealing? After i have been rejected, or?

Please tell me what are my chances!!!! Thank you!!! :)

You could hv a chance with SMU ISM :)

anglewing

Reaction score
Just curious... Cld diploma students apply for unrelated degrees @NUS? Fr example a diploma in clean energy allows me to choose either computer engineering or electrical engineering. Are we not allowed to apply to other courses such as industrial systems & engineering or environmental studies?

I assume you're a fellow dip grad from TP? In that case, this list should help you: http://www.nus.edu.sg/admissions/undergrad/apply/local/poly/tp/temasek.html

bluephat

Reaction score
so if I am not called for tea party does this mean its game over for me? :eek::(

Nope. My friend received a call to go down for a second interview; guess he didn't really make the cut for the first time :( they seem pretty stringent...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.