HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #91

Hi all, I'm graduating from TP Business IT this year.

5 sem GPA 3.43 (currently try to push up in the last semester)
O Level: 18 (Eng D7, Maths A2, AMaths B3) (16 if include CCA points)

What are my chances of getting into NTU Computer Science, SMU Information Systems, and NTU Mathematical Sciences?
Old 16-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #92

What are my chances of getting into NTU Computer Science, SMU Information Systems, and NTU Mathematical Sciences?
try to improve up to 3.5 cgpa will still have chance for ntu
Old 16-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #93
Great Supremacy Member

for SMU IS a bit hard...
Old 16-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #94

try to improve up to 3.5 cgpa will still have chance for ntu
Thanks for the quick reply. But I still stand a chance when applying the above 3 courses in the coming February right? Btw, is it that each course I will be applying will be $10 then that means if I apply 3 courses then it will be $30? In addition, what are the supporting documents that need to be submitted for the application? Thanks!
Old 16-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #95

Hi,

CGPA:3.90
O levels :11 (raw) , CCA A2
However no Amaths background.

hoping to get into NBS,NUS Accountancy or SMU accountancy.

any chances?
Old 16-01-2015, 04:28 PM   #96
Supremacy Member

Hi,

CGPA:3.90
O levels :11 (raw) , CCA A2
However no Amaths background.

hoping to get into NBS,NUS Accountancy or SMU accountancy.

any chances?
No foreseeable problems for all 3 with regards to admission.

But you will need to work harder after getting in.

For NUS, refer to this:
https://ivle.nus.edu.sg/lms/public/v...B-AB3FE0B3BF52

For NBS Accountancy, they will provide you a crash course in Amaths.

For SMU, I think there's a calculus courses too.
Old 16-01-2015, 04:32 PM   #97

ok thanks, hopefully haha. i think NUS will be harder for me after reading the link that u provided.

I have applied SMU as i think they started a new early admission scheme for top students.
Old 16-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #98

Thanks for the quick reply. But I still stand a chance when applying the above 3 courses in the coming February right? Btw, is it that each course I will be applying will be $10 then that means if I apply 3 courses then it will be $30? In addition, what are the supporting documents that need to be submitted for the application? Thanks!
Yes, each university have their own application form and fees. Don't just only put in NTU Computer Science in NTU application form, you are advised to also fill up all the choices. You only need to pay $10 for a application form with all your choices. Similarly for SMU application form.

Your GPA of 3.43 is extreme borderline case. You maybe dump into their waiting list to suffer long wait for their decision. There is a high chance that you will need to appeal to compete for leftover places.

I will suggest you also consider to apply for other Singapore universities, example, SUTD, SIT and UniSIM.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/de...e-4916620.html
Old 17-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #99

Yes, each university have their own application form and fees. Don't just only put in NTU Computer Science in NTU application form, you are advised to also fill up all the choices. You only need to pay $10 for a application form with all your choices. Similarly for SMU application form.

Your GPA of 3.43 is extreme borderline case. You maybe dump into their waiting list to suffer long wait for their decision. There is a high chance that you will need to appeal to compete for leftover places.

I will suggest you also consider to apply for other Singapore universities, example, SUTD, SIT and UniSIM.
Hi, thanks for your advice. However, my English O Levels got D7 and I have taken University Preparatory Programme in English and I got the cert. I'm not sure if SUTD and SIT will recognise it as if I'm not wrong, they allow students who got English O Levels for C6 and above. But I know that NTU has QET which allows students who got D7 for English O Levels to take the test.
Old 17-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #100

Hi, thanks for your advice. However, my English O Levels got D7 and I have taken University Preparatory Programme in English and I got the cert. I'm not sure if SUTD and SIT will recognise it as if I'm not wrong, they allow students who got English O Levels for C6 and above. But I know that NTU has QET which allows students who got D7 for English O Levels to take the test.
If I am not wrong, you got the UPP English from TP. As of now, I don't think there is any singapore university recognising the Eng Cert automatically.

SUTD and SIT does not put any O Level English requirement for poly graduates. Whether SUTD and SIT consider O Level results for 20% is also not known. There is also no QET or similar test required for poly graduates.

The only public information is SUTD and SIT evaluates candidates holistically in a number of factors.
I don't think you need to worry about your O Level English when applying for the newer universities.

Last edited by intime; 17-01-2015 at 11:07 AM..
Old 17-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #101

If I am not wrong, you got the UPP English from TP. As of now, I don't think there is any singapore university recognising the Eng Cert automatically.

SUTD and SIT does not put any O Level English requirement for poly graduates. Whether SUTD and SIT consider O Level results for 20% is also not known. There is also no QET or similar test required for poly graduates.

The only public information is SUTD and SIT evaluates candidates holistically in a number of factors.
I don't think you need to worry about your O Level English when applying for the newer universities.
Thank you! Btw, as you mentioned earlier about waiting list for entering NTU, if I got certificates based on IT skills, will I get a bonus like I won't be in the waiting list?
Old 17-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #102

Thank you! Btw, as you mentioned earlier about waiting list for entering NTU, if I got certificates based on IT skills, will I get a bonus like I won't be in the waiting list?
Those industry certificates may work in the situations where the universities are deciding who to offer for the remaining few places.
I suggest you scan those certificates together with your poly transcripts, O Level certs and upload into the NTU system. If I am not wrong, they only allow 1 file upload.

BUT, you may also not be allowed to upload any documents, because NTU may get your results directly from your Poly and MOE. Then you may need to send in your industry certificates through email.
- There can also be a situation where they will reject your industry certifications outright by emailing back to you, stating that the entry requirements does not include those certifications.

Because of your somewhat near IGP 10th percentile GPA, just be prepared to wait for a long time before receiving a decision.

If you have special accomplishments, you may consider applying for discretionary admission,
http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/website_files/NAA.pdf
Old 17-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #103

it is each sch 6 choice for 10dollar
u can try might have chance bro.
btw do u have other achievement like NYAA gold or cca gold?

Last edited by bwatch; 17-01-2015 at 07:17 PM..
Old 18-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #104

it is each sch 6 choice for 10dollar
u can try might have chance bro.
btw do u have other achievement like NYAA gold or cca gold?
Thanks. Sorry, I don't have NYAA gold or cca gold but I have some IT skills certificates which I learnt outside that school didn't teach before. I have also joined some competition but didn't get into finals.

Last edited by jimmeng3395; 18-01-2015 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: Forget to add something.
Old 18-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #105

Those industry certificates may work in the situations where the universities are deciding who to offer for the remaining few places.
I suggest you scan those certificates together with your poly transcripts, O Level certs and upload into the NTU system. If I am not wrong, they only allow 1 file upload.

BUT, you may also not be allowed to upload any documents, because NTU may get your results directly from your Poly and MOE. Then you may need to send in your industry certificates through email.
- There can also be a situation where they will reject your industry certifications outright by emailing back to you, stating that the entry requirements does not include those certifications.

Because of your somewhat near IGP 10th percentile GPA, just be prepared to wait for a long time before receiving a decision.

If you have special accomplishments, you may consider applying for discretionary admission,
Thanks man!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.