HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #1171

Yes same!! Are you from poly or jc?
I'm a poly student. But I'm a foreigner.
Old 23-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #1172
High Supremacy Member

Hey people, I would like to ask if like let's say that I have accepted NTU offer yesterday. Before that I didn't receive my NUS offer yet but NUS was going to give me an offer tomorrow but they saw that I have actually accepted an offer in NTU yesterday will they still proceed in giving me the offer tomorrow or will they just skip over me as I have already accepted the offer from NTU yesterday? Hope you guys will be able to help me with this. Thanks alot.
Best is not to accept any courses before you receive all the replies from the unis that you've applied for.

Old 23-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #1173

Just got accepted by ntu common engineering and rejected by ntu civil engineering at the same time, because civil is my first choice. According to last year's igp,this 2 courses have the same rank point. Any idea what's my chances for appeal?
Old 23-04-2015, 07:29 PM   #1174

Best is not to accept any courses before you receive all the replies from the unis that you've applied for.
Thanks for the reply but I already did accepted the offer by NTU accidentally. Really hope that it will not screw up for NUS not sending me any offer because they saw that I have actually accepted the offer from NTU...
Old 23-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #1175

Thanks for the reply but I already did accepted the offer by NTU accidentally. Really hope that it will not screw up for NUS not sending me any offer because they saw that I have actually accepted the offer from NTU...
I actually called to ask them about this before. They said that once u have alr accepted a school. They will still send you offers
Old 23-04-2015, 08:55 PM   #1176

NUS FASS Acceptance with below average grades

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and maybe the last, at this forum. I created an account specially to share my story as I read through this forum and realised there are a number of people who feel hopeless about applications.

I am admitted into NUS FASS with a rank points of 72.75, and yes, without DA, without MTL bonus points. I really don't believe it at first, as, after reading through countless of threads and hearing that FASS only accept people with RP 75 and above for normal route, according to many other people who are already in FASS.

Furthermore, i am really unsure as i ticked 'yes' for the section on whether i want to opt for the MTL bonus point system or not. Also, i submitted 3 recommendation letters to give it a shot for DA. Hence, i am really confused as to which scheme i am admitted under.

I received the package on Tuesday, and received my offer last Friday. It is so unbelievable, I called NUS office of admissions and FASS themselves for at least 3 times. The people at NUS office of admissions said that if you are admitted under MTL bonus point scheme, it will be stated in the NUS aces portal (the portal which i got to know i am accepted). I double checked again and again, and yes, I am at least 80% sure now that i am admitted through normal route, with RP 72.75.

I hope my story serves as some motivation for some people here. I believe the universities really did look through our documents despite the high numbers of applications.

As for how i got in, i believe it is because of my internship which is related to CNM (a major in NUS FASS). I talked about my internship in the 200 word essay, and also, i got my boss whom i am really grateful of to write for me a recommendation letter. I won't say what my internship is about here lest i got identified hahas.
Old 23-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #1177

I wonder why mine did not? It's like been a week including weekends.
I did call the admission dept bef & she said sometimes it may delay a day or 2. U may wanna call to check if u still don't receive in next 2 working days...
Old 23-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #1178

I actually called to ask them about this before. They said that once u have alr accepted a school. They will still send you offers
Oh alright thanks for sharing this really appreciate your reply.
Old 23-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #1179

Are there any differences between NTU and NUS's Mechanical Engineering Programme? I heard that NUS's math mods such as MA1505 and MA1506 are killer modules especially for poly students like me :/. Not sure about NTU
Old 23-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #1180

I did call the admission dept bef & she said sometimes it may delay a day or 2. U may wanna call to check if u still don't receive in next 2 working days...
Alright thanks.
Old 23-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #1181

hi
anyone received anything from nus chemical engineering? jc kid here.
thx guys
Old 23-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #1182

hi
anyone received anything from nus chemical engineering? jc kid here.
thx guys
I didnt apply for that course; but my friend had already received his offer a week back for NUS chem engineering
Old 23-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #1183

Hi. Jc kid with 75 rp here. I received an offer for NUS-engineering and went for my SMU business interview yesterday. In my NTU application, i put Business as my first choice and applied for Discretionary Application too - filled up the relevant parts and 2 of my teachers sent appraisals too. Just want to check if anyone below 80 rp has been offered NTU Business
Old 23-04-2015, 11:32 PM   #1184

I didnt apply for that course; but my friend had already received his offer a week back for NUS chem engineering
Hi thx for reply. Whats ur frens grades?
Old 23-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #1185

Hi thx for reply. Whats ur frens grades?
4H2(BCMG) & GP

AAAA/B
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.