Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #1216

Just got offered NUS Computer Science. can't decide NTU or NUS now
sorry for not quoting!! go to NTU!
Old 24-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #1217

Anyone has got experience with appeals?

Suppose if I accept a course from NUS (before 2 June), and thereafter I appeal to 3 different courses in NUS, NTU and SMU

If 1 or more of my appeal goes through (after 2 June), will my original place in NUS be automatically revoked?

Or will I have a choice between choosing my original course and the successfully appealed course(s)?
lalaland1527 likes this.
Old 24-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #1218

On 6 May..sigh.. I dunno wats their problem.. Already damn upset when rejected by my first choice computer science..T-T and ntu has no news at all..
go the interview and ask them there's always a chance of appealing in!

Anyone has got experience with appeals?

Suppose if I accept a course from NUS (before 2 June), and thereafter I appeal to 3 different courses in NUS, NTU and SMU

If 1 or more of my appeal goes through (after 2 June), will my original place in NUS be automatically revoked?

Or will I have a choice between choosing my original course and the successfully appealed course(s)?
if i'm not wrong, lets say NUS offers you your second choice and you accepts it. then during the appeal period you appeal to your first choice from NUS which you didnt get accepted in. in the event that you are successful in your appeal, the course that you accepted previously will be withdrawn. if you wish to go back to the previous course you have to write a letter or something! so appeal wisely

edit: sorry i realised that your question is regarding appeals to different universities. in that case i think if your appeal to NTU is successful whilst you already have accepted another course in NUS, then you have the option of choosing which one you want to go to! correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited by hautemonde; 24-04-2015 at 03:37 PM..
Old 24-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #1219

go the interview and ask them there's always a chance of appealing in!

Haha yeah. Gonna try to appeal. But guess really difficult to in cs since their cut off point so high. Just hope I can enter science for the moment!!
Old 24-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #1220

Haha yeah. Gonna try to appeal. But guess really difficult to in cs since their cut off point so high. Just hope I can enter science for the moment!!
actually..yeah haha cop for com sci is really quite high AAA/C... jiayou
Old 24-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #1221

Anyone knows when we'll receive NTU's admission package after receiving acceptance through email?
Old 24-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #1222

NTU offer now den come
Old 24-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #1223

Anyone got any reply from UTOWN????
Old 24-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #1224

NTU offer now den come
May I know what is The course u get offered? They inform u via email?

Last edited by nightzsky; 24-04-2015 at 05:58 PM..
Old 24-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #1225

Guys! i am deciding between SMU social sciences and NTU sociology, any recommendations? thanks in advance!
Old 24-04-2015, 08:04 PM   #1226

Congrats! Mind to share u grade?
I'm from poly though. GPA 3.65.

sorry for not quoting!! go to NTU!
Seems like NUS CS have more flexibility!
Old 24-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #1227

Guys! i am deciding between SMU social sciences and NTU sociology, any recommendations? thanks in advance!
Hi, may i know what is your rank points if you are from the JC route? I am offered Chinese (First choice NTU mass comms which, obviously, rejected me). What i am surprised is that i am rejected by NTU socio which is my second choice, coz my RP (72.75) meets the COP of 72.5 from last yr. It gives me the feeling that NTU socio is very popular this year!

I guess i will most likely end up in NUS FASS which accepted me, but will still try my best to appeal to NTU mass comm!
Old 24-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #1228

Hi, may i know what is your rank points if you are from the JC route? I am offered Chinese (First choice NTU mass comms which, obviously, rejected me). What i am surprised is that i am rejected by NTU socio which is my second choice, coz my RP (72.75) meets the COP of 72.5 from last yr. It gives me the feeling that NTU socio is very popular this year!

I guess i will most likely end up in NUS FASS which accepted me, but will still try my best to appeal to NTU mass comm!
Whoaaa. Soci rejected you but FASS accepted you? NTU must really be rising huh. FASS used to be the hardest humanities/SS course to get in leh. Usually its easier to get into NTU rather than FASS. Looks like things are looking up for NTU.
Old 24-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #1229

I am from polytechnic... Yeap... Sociology is rather popular I would say... Their intake not a lot of people... So they would probably shortlist those who put their sociology as first choice? That's my inference
Old 24-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #1230

May I know what is The course u get offered? They inform u via email?
Yup they inform u via email. A link will be provided for u to check your application status.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.