HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Like Tree129Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #1261

I'm from jc and got 75 rp, also tio rejected by fass... Which is weird considering I heard that nus policy is award positions based on results first before opening up to naa/dc to those who cmi, whereas ntu is the one which accepts naa/dc regardless of results first. Could be coz I from the batch 2 years before.

Anyone konws ppl who got into wkwsci (ntu mass comm) with ~75rp this year? Thinking of appealing, but didnt get shortlisted their reception earlier this month... I got offered nus science and ntu econs btw.
did the nus science call u for an interview before giving u offer?
Old 25-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #1262
Master Member

Sian applied NUS econs+bizad... They give me bizad only... Issit because i nvr put fass as one of the single degree choices? My UAS is 87.5... Jin moody
Old 25-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #1263

did the nus science call u for an interview before giving u offer?
Nope, I applied naa/dc for NTU (didnt get called) , but not NUS... I heard this year NUS science called some ~72.5rp for interview though
Old 25-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #1264

Nope, I applied naa/dc for NTU (didnt get called) , but not NUS... I heard this year NUS science called some ~72.5rp for interview though
really..my rp is 78.75..i get called up for discretionary admission interview for nus science..
Old 25-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #1265
High Supremacy Member

really..my rp is 78.75..i get called up for discretionary admission interview for nus science..
What were your grades?

Old 25-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #1266

What were your grades?
pm u already..
Old 25-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #1267
High Supremacy Member

pm u already..
That's weird... Your grades are quite decent woh

Old 25-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #1268

TCM har?
Yap, the legendary course in NTU...
Old 25-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #1269

That's weird... Your grades are quite decent woh
Maybe they reduced the intake for that faculty..
Old 25-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #1270

I got A for GP tho. Did she enter thru DA or the Mother Tongue bonus point?
She got D for GP and apply thru normal applicantion, no DA etc....
I think she considered the 'lucky one', now happy like 'mad'...
Old 25-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #1271

Anyone has got experience with appeals?

Suppose if I accept a course from NUS (before 2 June), and thereafter I appeal to 3 different courses in NUS, NTU and SMU

If 1 or more of my appeal goes through (before/after 2 June), will my original place in NUS be automatically revoked?

Or will I have a choice between choosing my original course and the successfully appealed course(s)?
Old 25-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #1272

How did u submit the recommendation letters. Nus did not ask for it right ?
Hi fathernature,

Yes, during the application process, NUS always said that recommendation letters are not required, and if we really want to submit documents, they have to be related to what we wrote for the DA section (e.g. your CCA or internship etc).

NUS didn't explicitly say how documents can be submitted for DA. It is not even on their website. However, i called them and they said that there are 2 options - use form 2 which give me access to an application number, that is not provided if you you form 1, in which i will give my teachers so that they can create an account in a portal (normally only for people who are applying for scholarships, NUS claimed) using my application number and NIRIC, and their own NIRIC (I think) and upload their letters there.

By using form 2, i will have to upload a lot of supporting documents. NUS said that i can upload the letter or any document i think will be useful together with the documents (O and A level result transcripts, photocopy of NIRIC, PW results etc), but limiting to 2MB, which is kind of limited, even after i compress everything, as the must submit document already take up a lot of space. I submitted my boss' recommendation letter together with my other supporting documents. For this method, I suggest you choose the additional documents you want to upload wisely.

To future applicants, I have to say that uni application for people like me whose results dun really make the cut/a little bit off from previous year's COP, is very tedious. You have to find out a lot of things yourself if you want to try for NAA/DA (yes, you have to go beyond the websites and forums). For those applying for scholarship, i can't give you much info as i dont even dare to dream for it lol. Don't hesitate to save the office of admissions number in your phone to call them up when in doubt!
Old 25-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #1273

Hi fathernature,

Yes, during the application process, NUS always said that recommendation letters are not required, and if we really want to submit documents, they have to be related to what we wrote for the DA section (e.g. your CCA or internship etc).

NUS didn't explicitly say how documents can be submitted for DA. It is not even on their website. However, i called them and they said that there are 2 options - use form 2 which give me access to an application number, that is not provided if you you form 1, in which i will give my teachers so that they can create an account in a portal (normally only for people who are applying for scholarships, NUS claimed) using my application number and NIRIC, and their own NIRIC (I think) and upload their letters there.

By using form 2, i will have to upload a lot of supporting documents. NUS said that i can upload the letter or any document i think will be useful together with the documents (O and A level result transcripts, photocopy of NIRIC, PW results etc), but limiting to 2MB, which is kind of limited, even after i compress everything, as the must submit document already take up a lot of space. I submitted my boss' recommendation letter together with my other supporting documents. For this method, I suggest you choose the additional documents you want to upload wisely.

To future applicants, I have to say that uni application for people like me whose results dun really make the cut/a little bit off from previous year's COP, is very tedious. You have to find out a lot of things yourself if you want to try for NAA/DA (yes, you have to go beyond the websites and forums). For those applying for scholarship, i can't give you much info as i dont even dare to dream for it lol. Don't hesitate to save the office of admissions number in your phone to call them up when in doubt!
Are u a private candidate?
Old 25-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #1274

Are u a private candidate?
Hi,

Nope, I am from a JC.
Old 25-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #1275

I'm going to go for SMU information systems interview this coming Saturday. I have already went for an interview once but they said that it is not enough to let them accept me. During the first interview, I have done some estimation question and explain why am I interested in joining this course. This time, they asked me to read up on simple Java Coding before going for the interview as there is going to be a quiz and a group discussion.

Is there anything that I should prepare before going for the second interview other than learning about the Java programme? Is there anyone that went for a second SMU SIS interview? Can share some tips? 😅
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.