NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewchun

Reaction score
Halo need help here.
I got into accountancy this year and the offer letter tell me to Login to myaces uasonline with application number and pin to reply to offer.
But I login no option to accept le,I can only view 'you have been offered bla bla bla...'
I only manage to accept my new course through the joint acceptance,so is the joint acceptance platform sufficient?
I can access the photo verification of both my old course and new course,so what?
I got both course?even though they say will reject my old one?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Got D leh. But I thought engineering dc one?

Depends mah. If the rest of the applicants you compete with all H2 As and GP also A then you will still lose out to them. It depends on who you're competing with too. Btw, are you a foreigner? You asked about foreigner quotas here before so im just assuming. Even with a high RP, it would still be difficult for foreigners because they compete with a very limited number of spots.

slayerfin

Reaction score
Depends mah. If the rest of the applicants you compete with all H2 As and GP also A then you will still lose out to them. It depends on who you're competing with too. Btw, are you a foreigner? You asked about foreigner quotas here before so im just assuming. Even with a high RP, it would still be difficult for foreigners because they compete with a very limited number of spots.

I see. Yes I am

lemonzzz

Reaction score
All diploma doesn't have direct year 2 and all diploma can apply to computer science in nus. There is module exemption but most of it is elective and some of the module exemption u can just take test in nus if you are from different course. If u are talking about ntu there is a person who got in from bio course if not wrong, even so the module exemption given by ntu is also elective. I don find where the relevant part important because I am from engineering course and it obviously not relevant to com science just that it in the list. Btw I got in com science...

Hi lamerena, u applied to ntu comp sci? Mind sharing your gpa? No news on my side....

moocatmoo

Reaction score
I just got accepted by SMU today. Interviewed on feb.

NUS BIZ also offered me, only NTU didn't get back.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Like I said it doesn't haha cause they were talking about relevant diploma and nus allow all diploma to apply. I am talking more on admission part just that relevant grant u exemption and one of module can be taken test to exempt doesn't have to be relevant course

Edit: what I am trying to say is there is no clear indication that a person with relevant diploma is prefer over a one without since nus allows all diploma to apply.For NTU I think they are quite flexible cause diploma with merit can apply any courses which I had gotten.

oh well. just a word of advice, if your diploma is not relevant, better dont join the course. u will suffer =). I know quite a number of irrelevant diploma grads suffering in nus comp sci.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
I am only quoting you because you mentioned there isn't any relevant diploma to computer science, which I corrected you in.

Not sure about whether having relevant diploma would help in application or not though. But there isn't any proves in anything or whatsoever. who knows, it's just the opinions of yours and his after all.
The term acceptance would be more appropriate than apply/application.

nope relevant diploma doesnt help in application. It only helps in exemption as well as how well you will survive in that course. If you think the irrelevant dip is fine and wanna try, go ahead. However, u will be owned by others with experience in that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.