NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
A foreign student just got rejected form NUS FASS. Didn't expect this result. What is the usual grade and CCAs of NUS FASS applicants?

You can see the usual grades for most locals here:

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofile/sprogramme-igp.html

Foreign student intake is only capped at 16-18%. On top of that, more foreign students are taken into courses which are unpopular with the locals such as engineering and science courses.

Courses like med, law, biz, FASS are more popular with the locals, hence, the intake for foreigners is less.

blursquid

Reaction score
Hi all my nus application status changed to received on monday and it just changed back to processing again today. does anyone know what's going on??
anyone in a similar situation?
I got ~74 rp and applied for civil engineering as first choice and till now i have no replies from ntu/nus and I'm getting worried.

vonnorth

Reaction score
Hi all my nus application status changed to received on monday and it just changed back to processing again today. does anyone know what's going on??
anyone in a similar situation?
I got ~74 rp and applied for civil engineering as first choice and till now i have no replies from ntu/nus and I'm getting worried.

Same situation as me.. are you a foreigner?

vonnorth

Reaction score
same here as well :/ which courses did you apply for ntu/nus?

computer engineering for both.. rank point a bit higher than yours..

They say only 16-18% of cohort will be filled up with foreigners??

Does that include us? Or that only includes international students with international qualifications? (not a levels)

keepfaith

Reaction score
I have yet to receive any reply from SMU after an interview on 30th April. Is there still a chance....?

slayerfin

Reaction score

Does that include us? Or that only includes international students with international qualifications? (not a levels)

i think it's us and those with international qualifications. :/

blursquid

Reaction score

I'm not sure but I'm trying to be optimistic.

"You would be considered a Local Applicant if you are a:

Student who has attended a junior college, polytechnic or selected high schools in Singapore and attained any of the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
Diploma (from local Polytechnics)
NUS High School Diploma
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma"

^according to nus, we are local applicants. So even if the 16-18% thing is true, I believe we have a slight advantage compared to international students with international qualifications.

slayerfin

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I'm trying to be optimistic.

"You would be considered a Local Applicant if you are a:

Student who has attended a junior college, polytechnic or selected high schools in Singapore and attained any of the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
Diploma (from local Polytechnics)
NUS High School Diploma
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma"

^according to nus, we are local applicants. So even if the 16-18% thing is true, I believe we have a slight advantage compared to international students with international qualifications.

As optimistic as you want to be, you must be able to accept reality. Why am I, with 86.75rp, not hearing anything from NUS?

blursquid

Reaction score
As optimistic as you want to be, you must be able to accept reality. Why am I, with 86.75rp, not hearing anything from NUS?

I have friends (who are also foreigners btw) who already got offers from nus fass and fos. On the other hand, I also have friends with high rp like you yet no offers till today. I don't know what the problem is but i don't think you being a foreigner is the only issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.