NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazylatte

Reaction score
I received the same email that veryveryvery & Louie got from NUS. I'll be accepting NTU's offer and following up with the freshmen procedure (matric number etc...) but in the event NUS does offer me, will I still be able to reject NTU?

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IT issues may be a reason but I just think they are now considering students under DA.

Remember, intake increased to 15% so DA students need more time to be scrutinized. It's not like direct admissions where 90RP, ok offer, 88.75? Ok offer.

Need to consider the achievements and all I would say.

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I received the same email that veryveryvery & Louie got from NUS. I'll be accepting NTU's offer and following up with the freshmen procedure (matric number etc...) but in the event NUS does offer me, will I still be able to reject NTU?

I think should not be a problem but may have to inform NTU and make sure to CONFIRM you get a place for NUS if you do get offered.

hexaarslan

Reaction score

matric details will be sent from mid june, around the time NUS gets back to us it seems. Second window will also still be open as long as you accept promptly I think there shouldn't be a problem with rejecting NTU

hexaarslan

Reaction score
IT issues may be a reason but I just think they are now considering students under DA.

Remember, intake increased to 15% so DA students need more time to be scrutinized. It's not like direct admissions where 90RP, ok offer, 88.75? Ok offer.

Need to consider the achievements and all I would say.

I put zero info for DA in my app man :s22:

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I put zero info for DA in my app man :s22:

Yeah, doesn't mean they're not considering you still :s13: There are also other students to consider and we don't know how many applications there are currently pending. Hard to gauge.

Someone was offered an interview on the 24th for Business? Not sure so it does explain why there are delays.

hexaarslan

Reaction score
Yeah, doesn't mean they're not considering you still :s13: There are also other students to consider and we don't know how many applications there are currently pending. Hard to gauge.

Someone was offered an interview on the 24th for Business? Not sure so it does explain why there are delays.

at least it seems to happen with every faculty, maybe a sudden increase/decrease in intended intakes? :s13:

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at least it seems to happen with every faculty, maybe a sudden increase/decrease in intended intakes? :s13:

Possible. Another explanation could be that they are awaiting people to accept or reject offers.

Then based on this, those borderline depending on the ranking will get offered and so on.

Perhaps rather than outright reject you, maybe they put you on a waiting list?

woozytrap

Reaction score
Do we just call up the admissions office to check the status of appeals or do we call the department directly?

linnnaa96

Reaction score
Will NTU definitely send an outcome before 25 May, the deadline for 1st acceptance window, closes?

mpcdude

Reaction score
Possible. Another explanation could be that they are awaiting people to accept or reject offers.

Then based on this, those borderline depending on the ranking will get offered and so on.

I think this year NUS also want to avoid the unpleasant situation of last year when they reject people only to offer them later. So they rather put the rest under consideration and waiting for slots to be freed up after 25May.

hexaarslan

Reaction score

I'd rather they outright reject me. bad for the heart to have false hope :o

hexaarslan

Reaction score
I think this year NUS also want to avoid the unpleasant situation of last year when they reject people only to offer them later. So they rather put the rest under consideration and waiting for slots to be freed up after 25May.

for real?? :eek: that happened last year?

zjdrozario27

Reaction score
Did anyone who was offered biological sciences in NTU manage to get a 2nd major with the course? And can state ur RP? Cos i want to noe if it's worth it to appeal for a 2nd major (BSB). THANKS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.