3. Math and Econs
4. Econs
5. Linguistics
(rejected)

SMU
1. Social Sciences
2. Business
(application still processing)

I'm considering appealing to NUS and NTU but I'm at a loss of which course I should appeal?? I know my choices were quite ridiculous because they don't hit IGP so now I'm quite scared my appeal won't go through and I'm uni-less :(

You wasted all your 3 choices in NUS. Ur RP is more than 5 pts away from science, FASS, and even business... Had you put engineering courses or nursing, you may have gotten the interview /offer.

leothelion96

Reaction score
GUYS after the long waiting game of my friend...

She got this email from NUS yesterday.

She applied for NUS SCIENCE and went for the DA somewhere in late April

[C n P]
I refer to your application for admission to the National University of Singapore (NUS).

Your application is currently still under consideration. Please bear with us as selection for admission is a rigorous process and as such, some applicants are informed of the outcome a little later than the rest.

We expect to be in touch with you by around mid-June.

Meanwhile, you can log in to the Online Application Status Facility (OASF) at https://myaces.nus.edu.sg/uasonline/Login with your Application Number and Admission PIN to track your application status.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Team

So... She should accept NTU SBS first and wait for NUS offer in the 2nd window right? Nus will still send out offer even if you accept right?

Meanwhile I've decided to accept NUS PHARM instead of NTU SBS, so to whoever who's aiming to go SBS, good luck!!

Yes accept NTU first
NUS will still the offer to her when they done processing

danchichan

Reaction score
As I've been following this thread for awhile now. I want to contribute back into the appeal chance rated. Is there any template for me to follow?

mansae

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eat drink sleep exercise browse coursera

been doing this waiting game for 3 months and slightly depressed for various reasons, so I would say taking your mind off it is the best choice regardless of the outcome :zonia:

heh I feel ya, was like you while waiting for uni application last year and I spam call the admissions office guy until he knew my name and even chat with me and rate my chances lmao :s13:

Apple962

Reaction score
omg anyone appealed for ADM but is not in any of the 5 choices you made before???

I don't think you can appeal(?)
During the application period we had to do some assignments as well as our portfolio.

You can try email/call them to ask if it's possible to appeal?

nekomon

Reaction score
Yeah that's true and understandable, but I need something solid to distract me or I'll spend the next entire month refreshing my email and gripping my phone like a madman :'(

Hello reishi, please feel better and take care of yourself!! I know it's a super arduous period for everyone of us, but it's still important to take care of your health. For me, I know I have or am close to mild depression so I don't wanna force myself up the wall y'know. I'm not clinically depressed (haha don't wanna check with my doctor yet :s22:) but I try my best not to force myself too much. Trying my best to 看开 now honestly, so that's why I am not pinning any hopes on appeals at all, if not the disappointment will be much much greater. Studying and preparing for retake, as tough as it sounds, actually helps me keep my depressed emotions away so I hope you find a method that works for you!! 人生只不过如此, jiayou my friend!! (-:

nekomon

Reaction score
Yo guys, I created an account for this but for SMU peeps, check your application! I just received an offer for SMU social science :)

Congrats!! (:) my friend who was interviewed 3 weeks ago also got offered today. Initially she lost hope cos she said that they would have offered her if her interview was good, but surprisingly her offer came quite late but still it came at least :)

zengx2

Reaction score
Did anyone who was offered biological sciences in NTU manage to get a 2nd major with the course? And can state ur RP? Cos i want to noe if it's worth it to appeal for a 2nd major (BSB). THANKS :)

Hi would you care to share your RP? I know the cut off of last year for second majors in SBS

nekomon

Reaction score
Contributing to ACR

Me:
A levels CCCC/BB (BCME/GP&PW), O levels HCL A
RP 70 and 72 with MTL

NUS: FASS (rejected) — appealing!
NTU: Environmental Engineering (offered) — appealing to PPGA
SMU: Social Sciences (pending, no interview yet)

Friend:
A levels CCCC/AA (BCME/GP&PW)
RP 72.5
Didn't apply NUS
NTU: Sociology (offered)
SMU: Social Sciences (offered today, interview 3 weeks ago)

danchichan

Reaction score
Contributing to ACR

A levels:

A levels BDD/CBB (Econs, Math, Geog / GP, PW, Physics),
RP 67.5

NUS: FASS (rejected)
NTU: Economics and Mathematics (rejected)
SMU: Social Sciences (accepted)

cxlleo

Reaction score
hi anybody offered ntu triple e? ntu triple e was the only course offered to me but at the same time, i heard the course is super difficult as well :X

Also, asking for a friend. Her RP is 65 and got rejected by NTU. 1st choice: Material science engineering 2nd Choice: triple e. Now she appealed for Chinese, is there any chances of getting into the course?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.