www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2017-2018-intake-part-2-a-5630533.html)

alshir827 19-06-2017 05:31 PM

BA major in Econ and Degree in Econ, which one is better in terms of job opportunity / search?

Babybunny 19-06-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monikernemo (Post 108708577)
Truth is that any words of encouragement now will not get you a place in uni nor your next phase in life. You got to wake up and you definitely have to think of plan B if plan A doesn't work out. Who told you that taking the A levels guarantees you a place in university? And especially with AY17/18 Sem 1 coming in close in August, it really is high time to be realistic and think of plan B.

Lol seems like u think ur talking to a child. U can go wake up by urself and not give "lectures" for ppl who do have a plan for themselves. Just that i do not openly discuss to others. Just simply laying out the facts that they are indeed giving oht offers. Ur simply concluding they arent when they have alr said they are. So.... Dk what ur deal is all about.

meowyy 19-06-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybunny (Post 108707659)
For your information. There are people who have checked with tbe office and rhey have confirmed they are sending out the offers and rejections soon. So... I mean tbh i dont rly care what u think because we have facts at our side. So u can just zip ur mouth. Honestly speaking,if u have recieved ur offer alr and do not wish to give any moral support or anything,you can just get tf off the site. Ur not obliged to stay :)

lolol not worth getting upset over brainless ppl haha I mean look at their post history. got so much time to post in hwz every day making zero-value added comments. pity these poor beings who derive pleasure from putting others down. real sad isn't it!

for those worried about appeals, there is always hope. you just gotta keep believing and have faith in yourself. find purpose wherever you go whether it is by choice or not and things will fall into place naturally :) atb everyone

Babybunny 19-06-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowyy (Post 108708752)
lolol not worth getting upset over brainless ppl haha I mean look at their post history. got so much time to post in hwz every day making zero-value added comments. pity these poor beings who derive pleasure from putting others down. real sad isn't it!

for those worried about appeals, there is always hope. you just gotta keep believing and have faith in yourself. find purpose wherever you go whether it is by choice or not and things will fall into place naturally :) atb everyone

Ya uh. Like wth. As if we dont feel hopeless enough already 😑 want to add on to the pain and grieve. What even. Nothing good to say,then dont say anything lah. They cant even keep their trap shut. Thanks btw for understanding :)

yuxdzx 19-06-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowyy (Post 108708752)
lolol not worth getting upset over brainless ppl haha I mean look at their post history. got so much time to post in hwz every day making zero-value added comments. pity these poor beings who derive pleasure from putting others down. real sad isn't it!

for those worried about appeals, there is always hope. you just gotta keep believing and have faith in yourself. find purpose wherever you go whether it is by choice or not and things will fall into place naturally :) atb everyone

And calling them brainless/stupid is totally adding value to your comment. :)

I know its great to "keep believing in yourself" but as they have correctly pointed out - the chances are slim right now.

If you believe that you'll be the one to make it, good for you, but its also healthy to start thinking about alternatives / mentally prepare for a possible second rejection instead of blinding yourself in optimism. :) Just my take on this.

monikernemo 19-06-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alshir827 (Post 108708691)
BA major in Econ and Degree in Econ, which one is better in terms of job opportunity / search?

BA (Bachelor of Arts) is a degree. Not entirely sure about prospects for econs but I last heard, you might not be doing something that is entirely related to economics.

bedfordanes75 19-06-2017 06:49 PM

Hi! Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but i have a question on NTU financial assistance.

I forgot about submitting my additional documents within 2 weeks after getting my acceptance offer so i only have a few days to collect the required documents. I called the financial aid office this morning and they said to hurry up bc their applications are piling up.

But i was just checking the website, and it says that students who are eligible for the study loan/ bursary will be informed via email in april/may. The thing is, i have not received such email informing of my eligibility. Do y'all think i should submit my documents anyway?

Also, is it okay to submit my documents in person to the office of financial aid? Since it'll be faster than by post?

eddief4 19-06-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedfordanes75 (Post 108710207)
Hi! Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but i have a question on NTU financial assistance.

I forgot about submitting my additional documents within 2 weeks after getting my acceptance offer so i only have a few days to collect the required documents. I called the financial aid office this morning and they said to hurry up bc their applications are piling up.

But i was just checking the website, and it says that students who are eligible for the study loan/ bursary will be informed via email in april/may. The thing is, i have not received such email informing of my eligibility. Do y'all think i should submit my documents anyway?

Also, is it okay to submit my documents in person to the office of financial aid? Since it'll be faster than by post?

Of course you should and it will definitely be faster by yourself than post unless you don't want financial aid.

bedfordanes75 19-06-2017 07:07 PM

Yup, bursary and the study loan for living expenses. I'll be applying for most things and seeing what i can get.

So if i want to submit in person i'll have to do so at one stop@sac?

Quote:

Originally Posted by friedriceandegg (Post 108710396)
r u talking abt the ntu bursary? i have Not applied for it during feb-apr2017, so i m going to submit the bursary tis mth... i have not rec. the eligibility email or things like that too (i think it's for the ppl who applied in feb?) i think jus submit in person to one stop@sac(i m going there on fri)


Ottoke 19-06-2017 07:08 PM

I really don't want to repeat myself over and over again. Stop bickering. If you guys don't want to see each other's post, please add each other to the ignore list.

friedriceandegg 19-06-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedfordanes75 (Post 108710576)
Yup, bursary and the study loan for living expenses. I'll be applying for most things and seeing what i can get.

So if i want to submit in person i'll have to do so at one stop@sac?

omg wait... we need to submit income documents within 2wk after we accept the admission offer?! die liao...
ya one stop@sac

hello1506 19-06-2017 07:21 PM

Hi all, just one question, has ANYONE really gotten a rejection letter for their NTU appeal already?

I've heard of SOME getting successful offers from NTU regarding their appeal but not anyone getting a rejection letter yet.

papa13 19-06-2017 07:28 PM

why so serious over each other? :s22::s22:

Babybunny 19-06-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hello1506 (Post 108710829)
Hi all, just one question, has ANYONE really gotten a rejection letter for their NTU appeal already?

I've heard of SOME getting successful offers from NTU regarding their appeal but not anyone getting a rejection letter yet.

Apparently ntu claimed they have already issued out some rejections:/ but i think they got alot of appeals so they push back the appeal outcome date. And i heard that they push back camp registration also. Lmao.

bedfordanes75 19-06-2017 07:53 PM

YAH i only know this after i called them and the lady said "well you already missed the deadline so quickly submit bc the applications are piling up"

I went back to the website to check it's stated there! But it's like fine print and i still had 2 more days to go so i'm rushing rn haha

Then i saw the part about them informing you if you were eligible for the study loan/bursary via email then i was like O.O i didnt received that at all... but i'm submitting anyways, then i'll ask them tmr, i guess

Quote:

Originally Posted by friedriceandegg (Post 108710703)
omg wait... we need to submit income documents within 2wk after we accept the admission offer?! die liao...
ya one stop@sac



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.