HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2

Like Tree2357Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #1516

YAH i only know this after i called them and the lady said "well you already missed the deadline so quickly submit bc the applications are piling up"

I went back to the website to check it's stated there! But it's like fine print and i still had 2 more days to go so i'm rushing rn haha

Then i saw the part about them informing you if you were eligible for the study loan/bursary via email then i was like O.O i didnt received that at all... but i'm submitting anyways, then i'll ask them tmr, i guess
lol i accepted the offer last month, that means i have long passed the 2wk deadlinei will call tmr and ask if i can submit
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #1517

I think still can one lah, just tell them you had unforeseen circumstances and couldn't get the materials on time

Edit: also, i think it's reasonable that you've missed the deadline since they didn't send that email on eligibility out in april/may. I'm in a rush too, and confused whether i'm actually eligible for it

lol i accepted the offer last month, that means i have long passed the 2wk deadlinei will call tmr and ask if i can submit
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by bedfordanes75; 19-06-2017 at 08:18 PM..
Old 19-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #1518

Hey just wondering if any of you went for nus medical check up already. Mind sharing how is the xray process like?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #1519
Supremacy Member

Hey just wondering if any of you went for nus medical check up already. Mind sharing how is the xray process like?
It's..an x-ray? You just stand there, they take your x-ray and that's it
~Dragonite~ and zkillers like this.
Old 19-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #1520

BA major in Econ and Degree in Econ, which one is better in terms of job opportunity / search?
What is degree in econ? BEcon? There isn't such a thing locally.

For the 4-year Hons programs, you obtain either:

1. BA with a major in Econ, offered by NTU
2. B.Soc.Sc with a major in Econ, offered by NUS
3. B.Sc with a major in Econ, offered by SMU.

Generally speaking, the abbreviation of your degree confer no discernable difference in job prospects. Employers will not prefer an econ candidate solely from the degree name presented.

There are, however, distinct differences between the curriculum offerings. For e.g. NUS has a greater focus on econometrics while SMU is arguably, more focused on applied econ.

Do your own research to understand these implications on future job prospects.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #1521

Hahaha thanks thanks, how about the waiting time? My friend went for the NTU one and it dragged for 3hours
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #1522

That's a funny question to ask hahaha. They will tell you to lean against a machine and take a photo of your insides. That's all.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #1523

And calling them brainless/stupid is totally adding value to your comment.

I know its great to "keep believing in yourself" but as they have correctly pointed out - the chances are slim right now.

If you believe that you'll be the one to make it, good for you, but its also healthy to start thinking about alternatives / mentally prepare for a possible second rejection instead of blinding yourself in optimism. Just my take on this.
It doesn't hurt to be optimistic. And I should stress that everyone should be mentally prepared for rejection. However those negative comments weren't any better in the sense that they didn't provide constructive advice on alternative pathways but merely shot down their hopes. How do those comments add value?

Fyi I'm not an appeal student. I am a double degree student in one of the local unis (no prizes for guessing ). I just wanted to speak up for those who felt annoyed. People like razorlala have been very insensitive with their comments and it's not just me who feels that way.

Last edited by meowyy; 19-06-2017 at 10:34 PM..
Old 19-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #1524

Hi, it's a weird question to ask, but i've accidentally selected in the wrong income bracket for my parents when doing my matriculation thing for ntu. Is it possible to call them up tomorrow and change it? I don't wanna be dishonest or anything.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:55 PM   #1525
Supremacy Member

Hi, it's a weird question to ask, but i've accidentally selected in the wrong income bracket for my parents when doing my matriculation thing for ntu. Is it possible to call them up tomorrow and change it? I don't wanna be dishonest or anything.
Just email them iirc ntu admin replies quite quickly

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 02:48 AM   #1526

Hey just to check has anyone gone for NTU medical checkup yet? How long does it take approximately?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #1527

Hey just to check has anyone gone for NTU medical checkup yet? How long does it take approximately?
My friends and I went in the morning and it took about an hour.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #1528

about 1 hour
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #1529

Smu's reply, FYI:

"Please note that the Assessing Committee are still in the midst of reviewing all other shortlisted candidates.

As of now, we do not have a specific timeframe for outcome as yet."
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #1530

Smu's reply, FYI:

"Please note that the Assessing Committee are still in the midst of reviewing all other shortlisted candidates.

As of now, we do not have a specific timeframe for outcome as yet."
They said that since May when I emailed them to ask about the outcome sigh
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.