www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2017-2018-intake-part-2-a-5630533.html)

dinewyd 20-06-2017 12:49 PM

hey guys, i just wanted to say that it's not too late, there's still a chance. i just got a call from nus fass to go down for their writing test, and my nus appeal was legit rejected in the beginning of june. i checked my application status again and the "appeal was not successful" has changed back to "appeal received". was pretty surprised but i'm not complaining :D that aside, anyone have any tips for the test?

oreocold 20-06-2017 01:22 PM

Hi guys, do you all have any idea if we can just retake our H1 subject (not GP)and can we still register now?

aiqian999 20-06-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinewyd (Post 108723356)
hey guys, i just wanted to say that it's not too late, there's still a chance. i just got a call from nus fass to go down for their writing test, and my nus appeal was legit rejected in the beginning of june. i checked my application status again and the "appeal was not successful" has changed back to "appeal received". was pretty surprised but i'm not complaining :D that aside, anyone have any tips for the test?

Hi, so happy for you!! All the best :)

meowyy 20-06-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinewyd (Post 108723356)
hey guys, i just wanted to say that it's not too late, there's still a chance. i just got a call from nus fass to go down for their writing test, and my nus appeal was legit rejected in the beginning of june. i checked my application status again and the "appeal was not successful" has changed back to "appeal received". was pretty surprised but i'm not complaining :D that aside, anyone have any tips for the test?

That's great to hear! All the best :)

hello1506 20-06-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oreocold (Post 108724076)
Hi guys, do you all have any idea if we can just retake our H1 subject (not GP)and can we still register now?

hmm i think retaking is possible but why do you only want to retake your h1 contrasting subject? is it the only subject that pulled your rp down? retaking the subject is fine but the deadline was way long time ago. i decided to retake my As as private candidate too late around end may and the registration has already closed but i rang SEAB up and they said a late fine of 50$ has to be paid and i registered for 3h2 and gp on 5 june. i heard news before that the latest latest registration is probably 25 june but I'M NOT THAT SURE. best would still be to ring SEAB up and ask them personally as they consider you case by case too like whether they will still allow you to retake or not.

soggyrice 20-06-2017 04:36 PM

Yeah you're right! Latest registration is 25 June. Even though I heard someone managed to register in early July last year
Quote:

Originally Posted by hello1506 (Post 108726940)
hmm i think retaking is possible but why do you only want to retake your h1 contrasting subject? is it the only subject that pulled your rp down? retaking the subject is fine but the deadline was way long time ago. i decided to retake my As as private candidate too late around end may and the registration has already closed but i rang SEAB up and they said a late fine of 50$ has to be paid and i registered for 3h2 and gp on 5 june. i heard news before that the latest latest registration is probably 25 june but I'M NOT THAT SURE. best would still be to ring SEAB up and ask them personally as they consider you case by case too like whether they will still allow you to retake or not.


wilddaisies 20-06-2017 04:39 PM

Hi helping my friend to ask . If the appeal to NTU isnt successful, can reappeal to NTU again but to a different course?

oreocold 20-06-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hello1506 (Post 108726940)
hmm i think retaking is possible but why do you only want to retake your h1 contrasting subject? is it the only subject that pulled your rp down? retaking the subject is fine but the deadline was way long time ago. i decided to retake my As as private candidate too late around end may and the registration has already closed but i rang SEAB up and they said a late fine of 50$ has to be paid and i registered for 3h2 and gp on 5 june. i heard news before that the latest latest registration is probably 25 june but I'M NOT THAT SURE. best would still be to ring SEAB up and ask them personally as they consider you case by case too like whether they will still allow you to retake or not.

thank you !!I just called them and they are transferring me to their colleague to deal with late application. I only want to take H1 because I know I cannot deal with my H2s in 4 months....😭

beta93 20-06-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oreocold (Post 108727884)
thank you !!I just called them and they are transferring me to their colleague to deal with late application. I only want to take H1 because I know I cannot deal with my H2s in 4 months....😭

what were your results before that? and did you study your content last year?

oreocold 20-06-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beta93 (Post 108728051)
what were your results before that? and did you study your content last year?

I got B so I strive to go for A... well 1.5 is also slightly better.... Taking 3H2/ and GP are beyond me... Although my H2s were not supposed to be A level-bad but I just have no energy and time to retake...
I didn't study content but I got confidence, at least worth a try.

aiqian999 20-06-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilddaisies (Post 108727770)
Hi helping my friend to ask . If the appeal to NTU isnt successful, can reappeal to NTU again but to a different course?

This one I don't know ady.. What if blacklisted?

Babybunny 20-06-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilddaisies (Post 108727770)
Hi helping my friend to ask . If the appeal to NTU isnt successful, can reappeal to NTU again but to a different course?

Can try. Not sure about ntu. For nus, they let me reappeal (tho i havent decided whether to or not).

Babybunny 20-06-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiqian999 (Post 108728532)
This one I don't know ady.. What if blacklisted?

Wont be blacklisted:) try only. They may find u annoying but they wont blacklist u.

DragonGUN 20-06-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilddaisies (Post 108727770)
Hi helping my friend to ask . If the appeal to NTU isnt successful, can reappeal to NTU again but to a different course?

Your fren appeal got rejected???

wilddaisies 20-06-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybunny (Post 108728572)
Wont be blacklisted:) try only. They may find u annoying but they wont blacklist u.

Alrights!! thank you!!


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.