NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyers88

Reaction score
OMG anon I was just guessing that lol cause my bro is there too! Go for it, it's really quaint in Canberra and there are direct flights back now. Having a reading strategy is important, you can expect intensive and extensive readings during exam prep. 😊

Australian National university. It is ranked top 20 this year, just slightly behind ntu and nus.

Noblegas

Reaction score
OMG anon I was just guessing that lol cause my bro is there too! Go for it, it's really quaint in Canberra and there are direct flights back now. Having a reading strategy is important, you can expect intensive and extensive readings during exam prep. 😊

Thanks. But the school fee is really very ex. I don't want to be the burden of my family :( That's why I still want smu offer

chyers88

Reaction score
Yup we are talking about > $30000 AUD per year excluding living expenses.

Hope you do get good news from smu.

Thanks. But the school fee is really very ex. I don't want to be the burden of my family :( That's why I still want smu offer

Kuudere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm that's not what i heard, friend of mine in ntu comp sci says they have like 2 labs but both of them are like 20% weightage together while NUS have like 10 and both of them are like 15% together.

I am going for biological sciences,so I am not so sure about comp sci,was referring specifically to my major.

NTU has direct honours,compared to NUS which has option between honours/bachelors.
I am not really interested in doing honours yr,so NUS fits me well.

Last edited:

beta93

Reaction score
I am going for biological sciences,so I am not so sure about comp sci,was referring specifically to my major.

NTU has direct honours,compared to NUS which has option between honours/bachelors.
I am not really interested in doing honours yr,so NUS fits me well.

just talking about trends, perhaps it's different for biological sciences

QuietlyAmusing96

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any experience being offered direct entry to second year? I got offered on second year for NTU ME but i want to go for first year instead? does anyone have any idea on who to contact and what are the steps required?

I've also been offered direct 2nd year for the same course. I'm starting this school Aug. Are you also starting school this year? :)

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
for those that got direct 2nd yr or watever gimmick, and want to go for first yr instead, u can just fkcare.
uni is not like ur watever schooling previously where u need do whichever subject at whichever year.
direct 2nd yr means ur exempted afew courses, and will take slightly heavier workload than ur 4yr counterpart. you can simply register for lesser courses every sem and graduate in 4yrs.
dunnid dumb dumb go remove ur exemptions for nothing. if u die also want to do those exemptions you are free to register those exempted courses and graduate with more courses than what is required of you to graduate.

sgAshton

Reaction score
Any peeps appealed for ntu computer engineering and still waiting?

I've already accepted eee last year but still can't decide which to go for (if my appeal is successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.