www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2017-2018-intake-part-2-a-5630533.html)

Starbarks! 08-06-2017 11:25 AM

To me (perhaps to most local employers), both NUS & NTU are EQUALLY recognized LOCALLY so no point brooding over who has the higher QS ranking every year..

eddief4 08-06-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbarks! (Post 108500855)
To me (perhaps to most local employers), both NUS & NTU are EQUALLY recognized LOCALLY so no point brooding over who has the higher QS ranking every year..

True. No point brooding over it. Just want to remind people that considering how similar they are, there's really no tough decision to ponder whether to enter NUS or NTU. Both will still afford you the same opportunities.

If you are offered Oxford vs NUS/NTU, then you choose Oxford and never look back :s13:

eddief4 08-06-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

"Got Nanyang Business School and NUS Business School's BBA offer. Is there anyone here who can offer some opinions on which is better?

NBS pros:- 3 years (IMO 1 year less studying = 1 year more gaining experience is quite an asset)

NUS pros:- Prestige
This is a post I read from reddit yesterday. Didn't reply her but this sort of mindset really :s13:

If all you can find for NUS is prestige, go NTU. :s22: SMLJ prestige.

If it's Harvard business school, then you can use prestige :s13:

scholar88 08-06-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddief4 (Post 108500988)
This is a post I read from reddit yesterday. Didn't reply her but this sort of mindset really :s13:

If all you can find for NUS is prestige, go NTU. :s22: SMLJ prestige.

If it's Harvard business school, then you can use prestige :s13:

Yup, that is why many still have the mindset that NUS is more prestigious.. this mindset has longed been ingrained in their mind already.

eddief4 08-06-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scholar88 (Post 108501102)
Yup, that is why many still have the mindset that NUS is more prestigious.. this mindset has longed been ingrained in their mind already.

People need to do more research on their own. Hopefully uni can help them because PW definitely isn't enough :s13:

geeniee 08-06-2017 12:13 PM

Anyone like me going ahead to complete the matriculation for NTU even though its not their choice of course + waiting for replies from other unis?

Holding it out till today when the cut-off date is 10 June... Every step of the way now seems so slow, long and reluctant for me. :(

Edit: Just logged in and the first thing in the portal to obtain matriculation number is to ask whether you want to accept the course. Really feeling damn GG.

Angelicax3 08-06-2017 12:19 PM

Me!! I am currently waiting for my appeal results from NUS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeniee (Post 108501820)
Anyone like me going ahead to complete the matriculation for NTU even though its not their choice of course + waiting for replies from other unis?

Holding it out till today when the cut-off date is 10 June... Every step of the way now seems so slow, long and reluctant for me. :(

Edit: Just logged in and the first thing in the portal to obtain matriculation number is to ask whether you want to accept the course. Really feeling damn GG.

eddief4 08-06-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelicax3 (Post 108501947)

What did you appeal for to NUS?

Angelicax3 08-06-2017 12:26 PM

I appeal for FASS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddief4 (Post 108501995)

geeniee 08-06-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddief4 (Post 108501995)

Appealing to FASS... hoping to join the chat group soon. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelicax3 (Post 108501947)

Have you gone ahead with your matriculation anyway? The course that NTU is currently offering me is not really my interest so I am not sure if I want to even continue if all else fails. Probably taking a gap year to figure out life. :(

Throwawayacct1 08-06-2017 12:28 PM

awaiting ntu maritime studies da interview results...just went this morning
interviewer said c u in august?? -> well i hope this isnt false hope

eddief4 08-06-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeniee (Post 108502090)

Have you gone ahead with your matriculation anyway? The course that NTU is currently offering me is not really my interest so I am not sure if I want to even continue if all else fails. Probably taking a gap year to figure out life. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelicax3 (Post 108502089)
I appeal for FASS!!

I hope both of you receive good news. NUS does process applications on Fridays in mass so hopefully, your appeal results would be ready by then.

Angelicax3 08-06-2017 12:32 PM

Yup!! I just done it last night. Ohhh what course were you offered??? If it is really not your interest, i think it would be better for you to not take the course, as you might not have the motivation to do well in it :( Unless you really want to go to uni regardless of the course :/
Hope that both of our appeal is successful :D all the best!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeniee (Post 108502090)

xiao0ld 08-06-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throwawayacct1 (Post 108502125)
awaiting ntu maritime studies da interview results...just went this morning
interviewer said c u in august?? -> well i hope this isnt false hope

Hello,
Good luck for your result ! I was accepted by NTU maritimes studies after interview. Hope to see you :)

wassupcorn 08-06-2017 12:48 PM

anybody receive news from smu biz