HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2

Like Tree2357Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #751

To me (perhaps to most local employers), both NUS & NTU are EQUALLY recognized LOCALLY so no point brooding over who has the higher QS ranking every year..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #752
Supremacy Member

To me (perhaps to most local employers), both NUS & NTU are EQUALLY recognized LOCALLY so no point brooding over who has the higher QS ranking every year..
True. No point brooding over it. Just want to remind people that considering how similar they are, there's really no tough decision to ponder whether to enter NUS or NTU. Both will still afford you the same opportunities.

If you are offered Oxford vs NUS/NTU, then you choose Oxford and never look back
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #753
Supremacy Member

"Got Nanyang Business School and NUS Business School's BBA offer. Is there anyone here who can offer some opinions on which is better?

NBS pros:- 3 years (IMO 1 year less studying = 1 year more gaining experience is quite an asset)

NUS pros:- Prestige
This is a post I read from reddit yesterday. Didn't reply her but this sort of mindset really

If all you can find for NUS is prestige, go NTU. SMLJ prestige.

If it's Harvard business school, then you can use prestige
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #754

This is a post I read from reddit yesterday. Didn't reply her but this sort of mindset really

If all you can find for NUS is prestige, go NTU. SMLJ prestige.

If it's Harvard business school, then you can use prestige
Yup, that is why many still have the mindset that NUS is more prestigious.. this mindset has longed been ingrained in their mind already.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #755
Supremacy Member

Yup, that is why many still have the mindset that NUS is more prestigious.. this mindset has longed been ingrained in their mind already.
People need to do more research on their own. Hopefully uni can help them because PW definitely isn't enough
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #756

Anyone like me going ahead to complete the matriculation for NTU even though its not their choice of course + waiting for replies from other unis?

Holding it out till today when the cut-off date is 10 June... Every step of the way now seems so slow, long and reluctant for me.

Edit: Just logged in and the first thing in the portal to obtain matriculation number is to ask whether you want to accept the course. Really feeling damn GG.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #757

Me!! I am currently waiting for my appeal results from NUS.

Anyone like me going ahead to complete the matriculation for NTU even though its not their choice of course + waiting for replies from other unis?

Holding it out till today when the cut-off date is 10 June... Every step of the way now seems so slow, long and reluctant for me.

Edit: Just logged in and the first thing in the portal to obtain matriculation number is to ask whether you want to accept the course. Really feeling damn GG.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #758
Supremacy Member

What did you appeal for to NUS?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:26 PM   #759

I appeal for FASS!!

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:26 PM   #760

Appealing to FASS... hoping to join the chat group soon.

Have you gone ahead with your matriculation anyway? The course that NTU is currently offering me is not really my interest so I am not sure if I want to even continue if all else fails. Probably taking a gap year to figure out life.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #761

awaiting ntu maritime studies da interview results...just went this morning
interviewer said c u in august?? -> well i hope this isnt false hope
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Throwawayacct1; 08-06-2017 at 12:31 PM..
Old 08-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #762
Supremacy Member

Have you gone ahead with your matriculation anyway? The course that NTU is currently offering me is not really my interest so I am not sure if I want to even continue if all else fails. Probably taking a gap year to figure out life.
I appeal for FASS!!
I hope both of you receive good news. NUS does process applications on Fridays in mass so hopefully, your appeal results would be ready by then.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #763

Yup!! I just done it last night. Ohhh what course were you offered??? If it is really not your interest, i think it would be better for you to not take the course, as you might not have the motivation to do well in it Unless you really want to go to uni regardless of the course :/
Hope that both of our appeal is successful all the best!!

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #764

awaiting ntu maritime studies da interview results...just went this morning
interviewer said c u in august?? -> well i hope this isnt false hope
Hello,
Good luck for your result ! I was accepted by NTU maritimes studies after interview. Hope to see you
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #765

anybody receive news from smu biz
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.