www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2017-2018-intake-part-2-a-5630533.html)

nekomon 08-06-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeniee (Post 108505123)
omg I am appealing for the exact same courses as you! Are you from poly or JC? Got fill up DA?

I'm from JC! nope I didn't apply through DA /:

geeniee 08-06-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekomon (Post 108505681)
I'm from JC! nope I didn't apply through DA /:

Did you go ahead with the matriculation for NTU? I am thinking of currently accepting it first and then withdraw when the time comes, but I know how it feels when pressing that "I will accept the course" button when you know you don't want to...

Chin up, my friend! I am praying very hard every day; may we finally see light at the end of this long tunnel. :)

scholar88 08-06-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakBeaches (Post 108505613)
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ime=1496876689

Woohoo NTU upping NUS in global rankinsgs!

Many still have the mindset that NUS is more prestigious.. this mindset has longed been ingrained in their mind already.

But, now is the realisation..

heyitskaede 08-06-2017 03:44 PM

Hihi, just a question, does obtaining marticulation number from NTU means that I have no way out of NTU? Like I can't withdraw anymore even after I have been offered by other unis? Because I am still waiting for SMU's reply (God knows when they will reply) and NTU needs me to get my marticulation number by 10th June :(

cxlleo 08-06-2017 03:45 PM

Hi guys, would it be advisable to attend the physics preparatory course for the school of engineering?

cxlleo 08-06-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyitskaede (Post 108505821)
Hihi, just a question, does obtaining marticulation number from NTU means that I have no way out of NTU? Like I can't withdraw anymore even after I have been offered by other unis? Because I am still waiting for SMU's reply (God knows when they will reply) and NTU needs me to get my marticulation number by 10th June :(

Hi, you can still withdraw from ntu even after obtaining your matriculation number. All you have to do is send an email to them. Details will be at the most bottom of your matriculation page after accepting their offer.

Cookiesandbrownies 08-06-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemiss (Post 108503962)
I can't get it too! But I emailed the admissions office already! They say we could only carry on with the enrolment procedures after second window close. And they'll send an email us again on the freshmen guide. Btw, what course you in?

Ahhh alright thanks! I'm in psych! You?

Cookiesandbrownies 08-06-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curiousgirl (Post 108505323)
Yeah :) and your IC too. Don't think you need anything else?

Okayy! Thanks so much (:

geeniee 08-06-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cxlleo (Post 108505886)
Hi, you can still withdraw from ntu even after obtaining your matriculation number. All you have to do is send an email to them. Details will be at the most bottom of your matriculation page after accepting their offer.

Thanks for letting us know! Seems like a lot of us in this boat. :s22:

I will go ahead with the matriculation then.

heyitskaede 08-06-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cxlleo (Post 108505886)
Hi, you can still withdraw from ntu even after obtaining your matriculation number. All you have to do is send an email to them. Details will be at the most bottom of your matriculation page after accepting their offer.

Thank you!!! I will marticulate first then. I guess SMU won't get back to me by 10th June hahaha

nekomon 08-06-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeniee (Post 108505729)
Did you go ahead with the matriculation for NTU? I am thinking of currently accepting it first and then withdraw when the time comes, but I know how it feels when pressing that "I will accept the course" button when you know you don't want to...

Chin up, my friend! I am praying very hard every day; may we finally see light at the end of this long tunnel. :)

That's what I plan to do accepting it first and then withdrawing when my appeals fail. I emailed the admissions office and they said that if I don't wish to study the course I was offered (env eng) in the first place I don't have to matriculate by 10 June. They said I can matriculate after I get my appeal offer.

Exactly :s11: I get that weird feeling when you click that button when you don't want to. I think I will most probably wait till tomorrow, since tomorrow's Friday and maybe NUS and NTU will send out some offers/replies to appeals. If still no news I will probably just go ahead and matriculate first since it's possible to withdraw after.

Thank you :o :o all the best to you too!! If you don't mind me asking, do you have any backup plans atm?

OreoCrush 08-06-2017 04:09 PM

Can anyone login to NUS registration (Part one)? I only managed to book med checkup appointment and upload photo at this point in time, or is it still too early?

geeniee 08-06-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekomon (Post 108506281)
That's what I plan to do accepting it first and then withdrawing when my appeals fail. I emailed the admissions office and they said that if I don't wish to study the course I was offered (env eng) in the first place I don't have to matriculate by 10 June. They said I can matriculate after I get my appeal offer.

Exactly :s11: I get that weird feeling when you click that button when you don't want to. I think I will most probably wait till tomorrow, since tomorrow's Friday and maybe NUS and NTU will send out some offers/replies to appeals. If still no news I will probably just go ahead and matriculate first since it's possible to withdraw after.

Thank you :o :o all the best to you too!! If you don't mind me asking, do you have any backup plans atm?

Can anyone clarify - according to the Freshmen Guide by NTU, the only thing we need to do by 10 June is to click for our matriculation number right? The activation of computer account and photograph submission is counted from the day we get our matriculation number? So I can just hold on until 10 June, click for the matriculation number and it still won't be too late right?

Will drop you a PM with my backup plans. Let me know yours too! :)

smaraider 08-06-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyitskaede (Post 108505821)
Hihi, just a question, does obtaining marticulation number from NTU means that I have no way out of NTU? Like I can't withdraw anymore even after I have been offered by other unis? Because I am still waiting for SMU's reply (God knows when they will reply) and NTU needs me to get my marticulation number by 10th June :(

can la. here's an excerpt from their matriculation page

"Before matriculation - Please inform us via email with the reason(s) of withdrawal to adm_local@ntu.edu.sg (local qualifications) or adm_intnl@ntu.edu.sg (international qualifications).

After you have completed online matriculation in mid-July - You will need to download and submit a form of withdrawal to your School of study. Please email matric@ntu.edu.sg if you need further assistance.

Please note that a student who leaves the University after the first two weeks of the semester is liable for the payment of fees (tuition fee and other compulsory fees) for the whole semester."

smaraider 08-06-2017 04:48 PM

another passing day without any reply regarding my appeal for mech eng.... materials engineering seems like a reality alr.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.