NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyTree

Reaction score
Wa guys how sia, I went for the physics admission test on the 29th April. Emailed the department 2 weeks later ( around mid may ) they said the division offered me physics programme, the offer package will be emailed to be soon. Now it's 12th June leh still nothing :( feelsbadman

I'm in the same situation as you, except that I did not call/email the admin to ask about my application. :(

Blankfun

Reaction score
Did you submit the documents on your own initiative or did the school asked for it?

On my own initiative! Emailed to ask them if it's possible first though and they gave me a deadline to send them the documents by today:)

geeniee

Reaction score
On my own initiative! Emailed to ask them if it's possible first though and they gave me a deadline to send them the documents by today:)

Did you apply to NUS and did you do the same? For NTU they did not ask for any documents unless they are considering you for DA so I remember not submitting any documents, but I don't need to be considered under DA for NTU anyway.

Would like to do this for NUS because I have so much more to show them - anyone tried submitting additional documents to NUS by dropping them an email to ask first?

Please share guys!! Would do anything to get myself accepted into FASS now. :s12:

nekomon

Reaction score
Did you apply to NUS and did you do the same? For NTU they did not ask for any documents unless they are considering you for DA so I remember not submitting any documents, but I don't need to be considered under DA for NTU anyway.

Would like to do this for NUS because I have so much more to show them - anyone tried submitting additional documents to NUS by dropping them an email to ask first?

Please share guys!! Would do anything to get myself accepted into FASS now. :s12:

Hey there!! I personally submitted an online appeal through the NUS portal for FASS and additionally, I submitted letters + personal statements to two of the deans/profs of FASS via mail. The FASS admin actually emailed me back saying they received my documents and they will be considered together with my appeal. But then it has been around 2 weeks already and I haven't been asked for an interview like I requested, and my status on the NUS portal is still "appeal received". So I dare not hope for anything much even though I really want to get into FASS. :(

Hope my experience can bring some help/comfort to you. :o

geeniee

Reaction score
Hey there!! I personally submitted an online appeal through the NUS portal for FASS and additionally, I submitted letters + personal statements to two of the deans/profs of FASS via mail. The FASS admin actually emailed me back saying they received my documents and they will be considered together with my appeal. But then it has been around 2 weeks already and I haven't been asked for an interview like I requested, and my status on the NUS portal is still "appeal received". So I dare not hope for anything much even though I really want to get into FASS. :(

Hope my experience can bring some help/comfort to you. :o

Should I do the same? I have so much more to share about myself than the short appeal essay can fit me. Can you PM me the FASS admin email so that I can drop an email and ask submit additional documents? Or should I just send it to them so that they have no opportunity to say no to me. =:p

nekomon

Reaction score
Should I do the same? I have so much more to share about myself than the short appeal essay can fit me. Can you PM me the FASS admin email so that I can drop an email and ask submit additional documents? Or should I just send it to them so that they have no opportunity to say no to me. =:p

I've sent you a PM =:p

guyz92

Reaction score
Anybody here received invitation for any scholarship interview like UES, LKY-STEP?

Twofield

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if a diploma with merit warrants 1 sem worth of exemption in nus?

^ and its on top of the additional exemptions that can be earned via exams and competency tests?

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Latest by when should receive appeal outcome for NTU?

Last edited:

zkillers

Reaction score

^ and its on top of the additional exemptions that can be earned via exams and competency tests?

Don't think it works that way. Exemptions are per module basis. Based on how you fare for the individual modules taken in poly. Merit certification doesn't have any bearings on exemptions.

guyz92

Reaction score
Received LKY-STEP invitation from SIT. Thought it was sent to all poly student application?

What I mean is the actual interview invitation for either scholarships that will be conducted at July 2017.

Keen to know when they are sending out to the shortlisted candidate.

geeniee

Reaction score

Exemptions are based on what you studied during poly. No diploma with merit or exams can help you be exempted more modules.

Why so keen on exemptions? I would rather take a module that may overlap somewhat with what I have learnt in poly, than to be exempted loosely, only to realise there's a lot that I don't know in the higher level modules. If you really want to graduate early for whatever reasons, you can try to overload every sem when you are in uni itself.

P.S.: Fellow poly grad here - diploma with merit depends on each course. If I am not wrong, its top 5% of each course. It really depends on the performance of your course. The most competitive one I have heard so far is that all the diploma merit holders were 3.95 and above. On another hand, there was another guy in part 1 of the thread who said he was a bronze medalist with just 3.7+.

Go figure why unis aren't that bothered about your diploma being merit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.