NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoneguy

Reaction score
Hi, wanna check with u guys, when apply for ntu did they ask to submit o level result?
My ntu application did not ask to submit o level result but the nus one require me to submit.

yeeqinghew

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a poly student from Diploma in Financial Informatics with GPA 3.93 (5th sem is internship). Is there a chance for me to enter NUS CS course? (90 percentile is 3.97)

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a poly student from Diploma in Financial Informatics with GPA 3.93 (5th sem is internship). Is there a chance for me to enter NUS CS course? (90 percentile is 3.97)

Give it a try. Just look at the usual long queue for TOTO; even though the odds are dismal.

In less than 36 hours, the regular NUS admission application window closes. So do note please.

Amituofo

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score

I am sure that the 10th percentile of computer science is way below your cgpa and no worries as long as you have the relevant requirement you confirm will get in.

Edit: I am from SP DFI so that’s why I asked whether you are from SP.

Last edited:

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure that the 10th percentile of computer science is way below your cgpa and no worries as long as you have the relevant requirement you confirm will get in.

Just curious. Do you DFI guys cover "Data Structures and Algorithms" as a module? I ask because this is supposed to be a 'silent' entry requirement for most school of computing.

Amituofo

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
Just curious. Do you DFI guys cover "Data Structures and Algorithms" as a module? I ask because this is supposed to be a 'silent' entry requirement for most school of computing.

Amituofo

For my school no. Can you explain what is data structure about?

__JR__

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this is pretty late but may I know how should I apply for scholarships for NTU?

I mean... They asked for achievements but I don't really have any community service work or CCA etc.

What I do have are module prizes and director's roll of honor. Are those counted?

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this is pretty late but may I know how should I apply for scholarships for NTU?

I mean... They asked for achievements but I don't really have any community service work or CCA etc.

What I do have are module prizes and director's roll of honor. Are those counted?
Module prize maybe can,

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

yeeqinghew

Reaction score

Hi, I am from NYP DFI. Hope I will really get into the course :)

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
For my school no. Can you explain what is data structure about?

At one time SIT used to have this as part of their entry requirement:

(quote)
Learn about SIT-UofG's Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computing Science. Eligibility and Exemption ... Applicants holding these diplomas must either have taken a Data Structures and Algorithms option, or successfully complete a short pre-sessional course to be accepted on the programme. (unquote)

Those days, UofG = University of Glasgow. Not sure if this is still valid now.

Amituofo

Last edited:

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
NUS / NTU Admission Application Window closes in 2 hours from now. Please note.

Amituofo

kcshan

Reaction score
Hi one question for NTU study loan.

If I missed to apply for it during application ( there is an option to “apply for bursary/study loan under application status menu), can I apply it after I get the admission? Or I won’t get the chance to apply for it anymore? The instruction asking us to apply during application and submit relevant documents after get into the course.

Thanks

muryaz

Reaction score
hey guys, I've applied to both unis NUS and NTU but I think I submitted the wrong documents. They asked for official academic transcript that shows your poly GPA but I gave the unofficial academic transcript instead. If I want to the official transcript, I need to wait like one week for them to mail me one and by then past the deadline anyway.
Now it's past 21st feb. Is it too late to change? I really worried my application might get rejected...

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
hey guys, I've applied to both unis NUS and NTU but I think I submitted the wrong documents. They asked for official academic transcript that shows your poly GPA but I gave the unofficial academic transcript instead. If I want to the official transcript, I need to wait like one week for them to mail me one and by then past the deadline anyway.
Now it's past 21st feb. Is it too late to change? I really worried my application might get rejected...

Don't worry. Just get that official transcript with your poly logo etc. and send it to their admission offices (NTU . NUS). Make sure to quote your given Application numbers to help them locate your application. You are not alone. Few of my frens in the same boat. According to admission office, its OK.

Have a good weekend.

Amituofo

muryaz

Reaction score
Don't worry. Just get that official transcript with your poly logo etc. and send it to their admission offices (NTU . NUS). Make sure to quote your given Application numbers to help them locate your application. You are not alone. Few of my frens in the same boat. According to admission office, its OK.

Have a good weekend.

Amituofo

wait, so it doesn't matter if I send the official transcript even after 21st feb?
And is it by mail or can I use the online submission portal again?

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
wait, so it doesn't matter if I send the official transcript even after 21st feb?
And is it by mail or can I use the online submission portal again?

According to admission offices, your applications were accepted otherwise they would have revert to you earlier. The state of your transcripts are just "fine tuning". Indeed, your application is not entirely complete until you have submitted your final graduation result. Anything before that is on a provisional basis; that is pending your fiinal result (in May ?)

I think documents sent hereinafter should be via online, if available AND 'snail mail' routes. To be safe.

Amituofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.