NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

doritoes

Reaction score
NUS QET right, dam scared now cos i don't want do badly and take english mods which ltr affect my GPA. And got to save those S/Us for your core modules.

I thought the EL mods does not count into CAP? Anyone can clarify this pls?

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought the EL mods does not count into CAP? Anyone can clarify this pls?

Got 2 (depending on your qet results.) the foundation does not count towards CAP.

Based on the Qualifying English Test results, students who do not meet exemption criteria have to take and pass ES1103 English for Academic Purposes. In addition, very weak students have to take and pass ES1000 Basic English Course before proceeding to ES1103.

ES1000 is not counted towards Modular Credits and CAP. However, it is counted as part of the workload for every semester. (Please refer to section 3.3.2)

ES1103 is worth 4MC and letter-graded (with the option to convert to S/U grade).

Students who need to clear ES requirements for graduation are strongly encouraged to do so by their second semester at the latest.

http://www.nus.edu.sg/nusbulletin/f...-requirements/english-skills-es-requirements/

Bambamrocket

Reaction score
Anyone ntu bursary status has been updated to "doc received. Processing"? Mine still "you have submitted an application on xx-jun-2018"...

solaryzed

Reaction score
Anyone going to NUS BbA Advanced Placement Test tomorrow? For marketing and ob, any tips? Will mcq be easy..

AnimalPlanet

Reaction score
just curious, Can students not going NS, decide to start sch the following years?

I think for guys, all must finish NS first. MINDEF will never allow you to disrupt usually if you are trying to disrupt to enter uni while your batchmates are still in NS

exception being that you are medical student

2bladeftw

I think for guys, all must finish NS first. MINDEF will never allow you to disrupt usually if you are trying to disrupt to enter uni while your batchmates are still in NS

exception being that you are medical student

Not true.

I disrupted because actually my enlistment date was supposed to be 8 May 2013 and I would ORD on 7 Mar 2015. PES B1L1. 22 months combat-fit.

However, I downgraded to E1L9 even before I enlisted, so deferred until finally enlisted on 20 Aug 2013.

My ORD date was 19 Aug 2015, but I disrupted on 31 July 2015, a Friday. To enter NUS.

So technically I left 19 days exactly, but actually 17 days because 1st and 2nd August are weekends.

Disruption a bit mafan to apply la. I must say.

Just sharing, hope it helps~

KonnieIsland123

Reaction score
guys, how does the QET grading work?
What the hell is band 1 to 3?

According to NUS site:
Students who obtain Band 1 will have to take ES1000 followed by ES1103.
Students who obtain Band 2 will have to take ES1103.
Students who obtain Band 3 are exempted from these English modules.

but then in the ISIS, it seems your milestone grade is simply displayed as either A,B,C etc.
How does that relate to what Band 1-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.