NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Don't think about it in terms of absolute score. Instead, visualize it as having to be within the top 10% within your faculty.

The absolute score to get A will be different for each module, depending on the performance of your peers. As long as you're among the best, you'll get the A/A+.

So in universities, the grades are awarded based on the performance of the cohort and are dependant on the " bell curve" ?

Amituofo

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Need to be ultra hardworking

Dear Mr. Sinkie, hope this post finds you well and happy.

Yes. Working hard for ourselves, families, community and country is a given. Besides, you must have heard that "eating bitterness" is one favourite Chinese pastime. Ha Ha :):):).

Indeed, the opportunity to be able to work hard is a privilege.

Thank you.

Amituofo

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Sinkie, hope this post finds you well and happy.

Yes. Working hard for ourselves, families, community and country is a given. Besides, you must have heard that "eating bitterness" is one favourite Chinese pastime. Ha Ha :):):).

Indeed, the opportunity to be able to work hard is a privilege.

Thank you.

Amituofo

Knn. You must be yowe555

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Pertaining to university examination; may seniors here advise how university examinations are carried out.

At university are student allowed to use their laptops to present script / answers instead of pen and paper? (This is particularly critical for those whose penmanship has deteriorated since secondary school and have progressively relied on the keyboard )

Are 'objective type questions' used to test our knowledge? Or a mixture of objective and subjective (essay) type being the norm?

Thank you.

Amituofo

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pertaining to university examination; may seniors here advise how university examinations are carried out.

At university are student allowed to use their laptops to present script / answers instead of pen and paper? (This is particularly critical for those whose penmanship has deteriorated since secondary school and have progressively relied on the keyboard )

Are 'objective type questions' used to test our knowledge? Or a mixture of objective and subjective (essay) type being the norm?

Thank you.

Amituofo
Exam still pen and paper.

Exam format depends on the module you're taking :s22: and the things module want to achieve.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Activities are stirring for 2017/2018 Intakes.

NTU is inviting potential undergrads for their "Coffee Chat 2017 with NTU". 18 Nov 2017 at Marina Bay Sands.

Will NUS also offer free coffee ?

Amituofo

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. This invitation is from their Office of Admission.

Also just received another from NTU; this one from NTU SCSE and scheduled sometime in December; this one is called 'Information Session' and since it's in the morning lunch is included. Most grateful for their kindness.

Amituofo
student email or u register your interest with them before ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Noblegas

Reaction score
chances of applying smu

What are the chances of transferring to smu from an overseas university. I am from a top 20 university based on QS ranking and I applied smu (info sys ) when their application starts. However, they have not contact me yet :(

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
What are the chances of transferring to smu from an overseas university. I am from a top 20 university based on QS ranking and I applied smu (info sys ) when their application starts. However, they have not contact me yet :(

As you are still an undergrad (I assume), then they should look at your base qualification (i.e. your JC, poly, IB, et). Fair not to be floored by the dazzle of your university QS ranking. More importantly, what degree programme are you pursuing now?

Noblegas

Reaction score
My degree is bachelor of software engineering with honour. I am from CJ with rp 74 last. I took my A level last year.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
My degree is bachelor of software engineering with honour. I am from CJ with rp 74 last. I took my A level last year.

You are totally up there with the best of us for a positive reply from SMU.

Just checked. Nobody from my network has anything to add re-SMU. Perhaps its just the timing. Stay cool man. I'm from the CJ family too (only 600 m separated us physically).

Amituofo

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Advice needed from more worldly bros / sis here.

Just been offered an opportunity to participate in an Early Admission exercise from Uni A even though the window for admission application is in Feb 2018. However, the love of my life is in Uni B.

Do I apply, get an offer and hold till Feb 2018 for all Big 3 application windows?
Will there be a disadvantage to do so? (seem a little unfair to Uni A)
Will all Big 3 Unis, send out invites for early admission?

Thank you.

Amituofo

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
Advice needed from more worldly bros / sis here.

Just been offered an opportunity to participate in an Early Admission exercise from Uni A even though the window for admission application is in Feb 2018. However, the love of my life is in Uni B.

Do I apply, get an offer and hold till Feb 2018 for all Big 3 application windows?
Will there be a disadvantage to do so? (seem a little unfair to Uni A)
Will all Big 3 Unis, send out invites for early admission?

Thank you.

Amituofo

I think you can wait for Uni B’s early admission exercise offer.

It is a matter of time when Uni B will send you the offer.

Since you got top 10% in your cohort, I am sure they will send it to you!

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you can wait for Uni B’s early admission exercise offer.

It is a matter of time when Uni B will send you the offer.

Since you got top 10% in your cohort, I am sure they will send it to you!

Not true la
I got friends gpa top 10% in uni also nvr received early admission
Mind u, it's >3.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.