NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
My application is still processing. Have not been rejected yet and besides I think I score better than you for O level

Bro, please be realistic. O Level only accounts for 20% of the admission criteria. The remaining 80% is your GPA.

No matter how well you score for your O Level also won’t enter into med one.

nekomon

Reaction score
But it applies for other courses right? I still feel it’s pretty unfair for poly kids

I don't see your problem here... I don't see many poly grads on this forum complaining about unfairness between poly/JC grads... In fact, there are more poly grads receiving their uni offers than JC grads for now, because the application for JC kids just ended. I don't see why this is a problem, esp when the intake for poly grads into local uni has increased over the years.

I think there is not much difference between a poly/JC graduate when it comes to grades/CGPA... I scored really badly for A levels back in 2016 and was unable to enrol in a local uni. It's a matter of hard work in your respective placing, really. Undoubtedly there are some discriminations between JC and poly, but I genuinely feel that hard work can bring you places.

Honestly, there are so many of my friends (I was from an elite JC) with perfect portfolios and >87.5RP but they are still struggling to get into med, both local and overseas. It's a tough struggle, I would advice you to be more realistic. Although I am personally not from poly, and neither do I have any friends from poly, but I just took a look at the IGP for all 3 schools and I don't think you'll be able to enrol in any uni course, let alone medicine... Correct me if I'm wrong here /:

Last edited:

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
But his gpa cannot make it :s13: :s13: not so easy for poly kids to enter local U due to the cumulative gpa system and O level score is accessed . If either one is bad, forget about advancing to local. Consider retake poly ? Or A levels too.

I think he should try JC next year.

Defer his NS enlistment again haha.

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, please be realistic. O Level only accounts for 20% of the admission criteria. The remaining 80% is your GPA.

No matter how well you score for your O Level also won’t enter into med one.
U nvr know

Maybe his father is the Dean of Med school

U know how great is our meritocracy system here in SG

frostygrapes

Reaction score
If he doesn't allow then what can be done ?

Write in to ask for another chance the following year ?

my oc allow us to go back for interview. its a privilege not entitlement. if cannot too bad i guess. its 2 years given to serve the nation anyways

raylow

Reaction score
I don’t get it tho why all the good courses like medicine and law always give JC kids the priority? Like with the 1.25 extra RP points. Really regret not going JC tho

Ok reality check.
1)Your GPA is really freaking low
2)You studied biomedical science and you already get such a low GPA so you definitely wont do well in medicine since the biology is more intense
3)why dont want study hard?you know deep inside your heart that you wont make it into medicine so why choose to delute yourself?

STOP THIS MADNESS

Siaolangkeng

Reaction score
I heard that SMU will give out the offer letter to your son on that day. Can you call SMU to ask whether will his offer still be valid if your son never attends the event?

They will assess on a case by case basis. SMU actually called me up to ask me why didn't I rsvp for the event, And they mentioned that the offer will lapse if I don't attend and do not have a valid reason for not doing so

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my oc allow us to go back for interview. its a privilege not entitlement. if cannot too bad i guess. its 2 years given to serve the nation anyways

That's really nice

Heard if they don't allow they will write in to ask the uni to hold the interview slot for the following year

But if that happens you really need to follow up regularly to make sure the unis fulfill their part of the deal.

Siaolangkeng

Reaction score
What is EIS? Do you think being an officer helps in the CCA records? I think it increases my chances right? I heard NUS takes into account O level results as well and I think with my L1R4 6 points it will help out?

Heard that results matter for command school tho.. Maybe being a medic will help but with 2.5x.. Maybe you can try overseas uni bro

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the response here, seems like business is a very popular course now

More people opting for it compare to accountancy or major in economics

Anyone applied for LPE at SMU ?

frostygrapes

Reaction score
That's really nice

Heard if they don't allow they will write in to ask the uni to hold the interview slot for the following year

But if that happens you really need to follow up regularly to make sure the unis fulfill their part of the deal.

that i am not very sure to be honest. maybe can schedule another date in the same year

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that i am not very sure to be honest. maybe can schedule another date in the same year

I know of someone whom the CO did not allow him to go for the NUS medicine interview but wrote to NUS to ask them to keep the interview place for him instead.

However the following year he applied for NUS and SMU law instead, went for both interview and chose NUS law

So cannot verified whether NUS medicine really keep the interview slot for him:D

Gamin99

Reaction score
I know of someone whom the CO did not allow him to go for the NUS medicine interview but wrote to NUS to ask them to keep the interview place for him instead.

However the following year he applied for NUS and SMU law instead, went for both interview and chose NUS law

So cannot verified whether NUS medicine really keep the interview slot for him:D

From what I understand, NUS med usually reserve the weekend slot for those NS boys.

Ottoke

Reaction score
Pretty sure I have said something along the lines of "be nice to each other" somewhere in this thread.

O

Jacker98

Reaction score
I guess he might be street-smart since he can get into ocs with 2.5. 🤣 actually its not impossible. 2 of my bmt section mates went to ocs too, their gpa 2.7 and 2.9x. But i don't really think the rank of officer and l1r4 6 pts can get a DA/EIS interview for medicine 🤣 what a waste tho. 6 pointer.

Heard that results matter for command school tho.. Maybe being a medic will help but with 2.5x.. Maybe you can try overseas uni bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.