HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2019-2020 Intake

Like Tree160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2019, 12:57 AM   #1756

Hi!! Congrats!!! Iím waiting for my application outcome for Yale NUS, then Iíll decide where to go! But congrats!!! Hopefully weíll see each other in school
I actually applied for Yale NUS too but I havenít receive any news from them. fingers crossed for you!
chubbiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 02:01 AM   #1757

SMUís technical skills are far superior than NUS (I would believe so) because the mods provided are really hard core programming. At least in terms of your logical thinking, youíre given a solid ground (granted that youíve so many prog mods from NUS)

Ultimately, it really boils down on your own choices!

Hahahahaha... 👏👏👏👏👏
SinglePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 03:49 AM   #1758

Itís a long shot, but asking on behalf of a friend who applied for nursing, has anyone known if anyone screwed up the interview but managed to get in because of high RP or GPA, and if such stories exist for other courses requiring interviews ?
Jivetalkinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #1759

Hi, the interview that i went was a duo interview with another guy with 2 profs. Before you go in you will receive 2 "essay" like questions fr u to ans (random questions) on the paper and notes to discuss later on. The only question they asked me was why NBS? Followed by discussing 1 out of the 2 topic question. You will take turns with your partner to discuss and comment on your respective topic. Overall dont think too much and just be honest and yourself ! Try to ask some questions to them about NBS if possible! Good luck

What's your existing GPA and course of study? Do you get any reply from NTU yet?
Finalplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #1760

Hi! Is anyone studying in NTU currently? Does it get cold during lectures?
Depends on which LT you are in.
Sometimes if the air-con isn't working, then you can see everyone fanning themselves. But I would think larger LTs would be colder and smaller LTs might be less cold (especially when the air-con isn't working). Anyway, you don't have to go to lectures if it's recorded which is like 70% of the time (I think higher for NBS and SBS).
Rockabye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #1761

Depends on which LT you are in.
Sometimes if the air-con isn't working, then you can see everyone fanning themselves. But I would think larger LTs would be colder and smaller LTs might be less cold (especially when the air-con isn't working). Anyway, you don't have to go to lectures if it's recorded which is like 70% of the time (I think higher for NBS and SBS).
Iím more shook over the fact that you said some aircons may not work compared to the ďnot having to go for lecturesĒ......interesting
kimtaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #1762

I actually applied for Yale NUS too but I havenít receive any news from them. fingers crossed for you!
Thank you! Decision comes out 1may so iíll still have time! But are you accepting LMS??
kimtaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #1763

I’m more shook over the fact that you said some aircons may not work compared to the “not having to go for lectures”......interesting
I was sure shook to on that one day when the aircon didn't work (thank god I decided to be senseless and wear crop top and shorts when I thought I'm going to an air-conditioned lecture)

But some lectures are really really cold (this lecture theatre near EEE) and I always wear sweatpants when I got that lecture.

Last edited by Rockabye; 21-04-2019 at 09:26 PM..
Old 21-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #1764

Hi has anyone received any offers from NUS science? NUS science is my first choice but i haven't received anything yet. If anyone has received offers from NUS sci, whats yr RP? (im an A lvl student). My RP is 78.75, which is 1.25 short of this yr igp but after the bonus pt from first choice, my RP hit the 10th percentile. Thank you
robinpoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 10:55 PM   #1765

What's your existing GPA and course of study? Do you get any reply from NTU yet?
Hi, 3.73 5th sem. From school of IT. Nope no reply, it hasn't been a week yet just gotta be patient!
Marc12125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #1766

NTU Food Science

Hi guys, anyone got offered the 2nd major FST in NTU?
GEKKKOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 11:30 PM   #1767

Itís a long shot, but asking on behalf of a friend who applied for nursing, has anyone known if anyone screwed up the interview but managed to get in because of high RP or GPA, and if such stories exist for other courses requiring interviews ?

from what i heard , it is possible.
yoko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 11:30 PM   #1768

the wait is so long..
yoko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 12:13 AM   #1769

the wait is so long..
What is ur gpa? I knew my neighbour didn't have a really high GPA (i think 3.5 or less) but she got accepted into sociology after the interview!

Also, there is this person whom was my coursemate's coursemate back in poly and I remembered my coursemate was saying he got 3.5 something (this person got into sociology) - my coursemate telling me it only become he was shocked that like the person could get in NTU (not being offensive but genuinely shocked because he was saying how before that it's really hard to get in uni with gpa below 3.6 and even 3.6 was hard to get into uni last time)

Last edited by Rockabye; 22-04-2019 at 12:17 AM..
Old 22-04-2019, 12:20 AM   #1770

Thank you! Decision comes out 1may so iíll still have time! But are you accepting LMS??
Currently wait and see.. cos I applied for NUS and Yale NUS too but neither has gotten back. Iíll most likely be accepting LMS though but I just wanna see if I get offered other courses - just so I can weigh my choice carefully :/

Kinda no hope for the other two schools liao I feel haha
chubbiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.