NTU/NUS/SMU 2019-2020 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callyo

Reaction score
Do they let us know if we are shortlisted or not? My application is still processing... To NUS MED

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep, I am from NTU psychology (Y1);

Is your friend really keen on the aspects of clinical psychology (I guess right now he or she could be interning at pathlight or edens, or actively volunteers at the relevant organizations like VSA)? If he does show that much passion in that field, with a good enough GPA, i don't think he needs to worry too much about which uni he's from to gain masters in clinical psych (being part of these organizations also allow you to gain relevant connections/recommendations in that field).

I feel just to be safe, your friend should consider FASS (I think there are more JC kids in FASS anyway;those who enter from poly psych are damn sik imo and you definitely dw to compete with them)
He is waiting for his entry test for 1st yr nus psychology degree. He is not doing any intern. Do ntu has Master in clinical psychology?

Spider98

Reaction score
Received from NUS to go for an interview for university scholar program. Wonder why they sent to me when I am not even confirm a place or an interview!

Jivetalkinn

Reaction score
Do you know anything about the interview and the aptitude test?

There should be a design exercise where you have to tackle a challenge, sketch, make a model, and eventually present to a panel (interview). This was circa from some students I spoke to previously who enrolled 2-3 years ago. Not sure if anything has changed, but the website mentioned need bring cutting mat, and penknife, so definitely need make smt out.

kumonomo99

Reaction score
"discovery day"

Congrats on your admission.

I'm not going, but I'll have an interview with them 2 weeks later. Will they host another 'discovery day' for ppl like me, if accepted?
Wonder why they don't wanna wait for us to finish the interview first then can do it together. Hahah. But I suspect we may not have that 'discovery day'.

Enjoy!

I heard from my senior who got into SMU biz last year, seems like they have something in May for all offered students.

darksiedluv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received from NUS to go for an interview for university scholar program. Wonder why they sent to me when I am not even confirm a place or an interview!

USP or scholarship ?

USP is not consider a scholarship but just mean more extra work and higher school fees (staying in campus become compulsory)

:(

despostudent

Reaction score
Hi guys, helping my friend to ask:
I am a current poly y3 student in a sports course who just started internship not long ago, just here to seek some advice since I have 1 more year to go

- gpa 3.4 (4th sem, but applicable to 5th sem since internship does not affect gpa), dist in 3 modules
- diploma plus in international business, diploma plus in business innovation and entrepreneurship
- got a school award in recognition of having good values
- member of a martial arts cca, got 2 bronzes in total for 2 years of pol-ite
- Volunteer occassionally for red cross e.g. first aider for ocbc cycle, national day parade etc.
- In a committee that organises activities/programs 1-3 times mthly for under privileged kids living in the area

Wants to get into SMU IS/Econs/Acc
I know I am definitely not going to get into any of the local uni courses purely just based on gpa, so intending to apply to under DA as well.

Can you guys advice my friend what she can do for the remaining 1 year to boost her portfolio for DA? Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Callyo

Reaction score
hello, did anyone who applied through DA for smu soss & nus fass got called up for interview or aptitude test?

I applied to NUS medicine via EIS (Discretionary admission) and the application is still processing. The entrance test is on 1st April (Monday) and / or 7th April but it's still processing.. Could it be that they need to review DA applicants one by one so it takes longer while normal route only use the system to shortlist (based on cut off point)

happygoldlucky

Reaction score
I applied to NUS medicine via EIS (Discretionary admission) and the application is still processing. The entrance test is on 1st April (Monday) and / or 7th April but it's still processing.. Could it be that they need to review DA applicants one by one so it takes longer while normal route only use the system to shortlist (based on cut off point)
my friend got an email to attend the NUS FASS aptitude based writing test (bg info: graduated in 2018 with a gpa of 3.5 and currently interning at a famous sg based media company) so im really confused how NUS go about shortlisting DA applicants ):

Gamin99

Reaction score
[​

Btw, have u ever applied thru normal route and got shortlisted before? What is your RP? I got shortlisted before but was unable to get thru the interview last year. Also will try for EIS next year. Heard thru EIS, you also need at least a 88.75 to get shortlisted.

Callyo

Reaction score
[​

Btw, have u ever applied thru normal route and got shortlisted before? What is your RP? I got shortlisted before but was unable to get thru the interview last year. Also will try for EIS next year. Heard thru EIS, you also need at least a 88.75 to get shortlisted.

Nope, this is my first time. My Rp Is 87.5. I got 2 recommendation letters from 2 doctors and one from the head of my volunteer service. Publishing a scientific research paper but nothing else significant other than that. The rest are pretty normal like vice president of a community service cca and maybe just normal participation for competition in medical related stuff. No award of anything. I don't know if I'll get shortlisted but the recommendation letters are pretty strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.