HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2019-2020 Intake

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2019, 12:43 AM   #751

I just received my offer from nus. I got bizadm my cgpa 3.75 then cca point is excellent (not the top 10% wan)
Congrats! Do you have O lvl qualification by any chance?
borangk_shiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:51 AM   #752

I just received my offer from nus. I got bizadm my cgpa 3.75 then cca point is excellent (not the top 10% wan)
Hi congrats! What sch and course are you from?
Nerak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 02:17 AM   #753

Do you all think it’s possible for NUS to accept poly students who never meet their math requirements for School of Computing courses?
crayonpab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #754

Hi congrats! What sch and course are you from?
Tp aviation management
randylol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:30 AM   #755

I have anecdotal evidence of NUS accepting students who don't have maths but that is unverifiable. For the most part I don't think so.

Do you all think itís possible for NUS to accept poly students who never meet their math requirements for School of Computing courses?
johnwatson6216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 08:14 AM   #756

I have anecdotal evidence of NUS accepting students who don't have maths but that is unverifiable. For the most part I don't think so.
I went to the NUS Open Day 2019 and asked an NUS professor regarding NUS Information Systems course. I asked about the O lvl maths requirements for Information Systems, and he told me the O lvl maths requirements is more important for Non-Computing diploma. For those of you coming from Computing diploma, the O lvl maths requirements will not be so important. The reason is that they want to make sure those Non-Computing diploma students can cope with Information Systems.

That's what I have gotten from an NUS professor during NUS Open Day 2019 Information Systems talk.

Can someone verify this? Thanks!

Last edited by borangk_shiba; 22-03-2019 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: changes
Old 22-03-2019, 08:32 AM   #757

I'm in NYP and they don't offer prizes for distinctions at all. So to answer your question, no, I didn't.

However, for project modules, if my project is deemed good enough for a distinction, I'll have to attend a "Outstanding Project Presentation" which is also known as "Distinction Presentation" and present to a panel of judges which consists of the Course Manager, Course Coordinator, Moderator and tutors from all classes. They'll then decide if I'm worthy of a Distinction for the project module.

I was wondering why do people of high authority (Course Manager and etc) bother to arrange and attend the "Distinction Presentation" amidst their busy schedule if Distinctions don't matter to uni at all... or why would all polys even bother to issue distinctions in the first place if they don't help at all. Food for thought...

I'm sorry. I am just really puzzled. Thanks a lot for replying.
I am from NYP too. I went through that whole process and it was worth it. Cause once I was shortlisted for the distinction presentation and managed to get distinction. Subsequently, I got multiple awards because of it, which includes MOE award.
Metanoid likes this.
limelabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #758

I am from NYP too. I went through that whole process and it was worth it. Cause once I was shortlisted for the distinction presentation and managed to get distinction. Subsequently, I got multiple awards because of it, which includes MOE award.
Yup. It's kinda shiok when you get a distinction for modules especially those project modules. It's also a good experience to pitch your project to a panel of judges. Are you from NYP School Of IT also?
Old 22-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #759

Good morning to all. Anyone received offers from NTU for Mech Engineering course yet? I applied using my 5 sems cGPA of 3.68 and received my final cGPA of 3.65, am part of the World Skills Competition team, was in the Director's Honour Roll for 2017/2018 and received MOE academic excellence awards for 2 years running. Do all these accolades help in securing a place in NTU? The 10th percentile for Mech Engineering is 3.61. The wait is killing me!
Crumbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #760

Good morning to all. Anyone received offers from NTU for Mech Engineering course yet? I applied using my 5 sems cGPA of 3.68 and received my final cGPA of 3.65, am part of the World Skills Competition team, was in the Director's Honour Roll for 2017/2018 and received MOE academic excellence awards for 2 years running. Do all these accolades help in securing a place in NTU? The 10th percentile for Mech Engineering is 3.61. The wait is killing me!
I think being a part of Worldskills competition team is a good advantage for admission. Did you win anything from Worldskills? Like medals or medallion of excellence?
Old 22-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #761

I think being a part of Worldskills competition team is a good advantage for admission. Did you win anything from Worldskills? Like medals or medallion of excellence?
No I didn't win any medals but I received a Certificate of Participation. The competition was tough and me being part of it was already 'something' for me. Really great exposure and personal achievement for me.

Wondering what's taking NTU so long to send out the offers. Most of my friends received theirs from NUS already. Really hope its not due to huge numbers of applicants with 90th percentile GPA scores killing hopes for those in the 10th percentile range.
Crumbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #762

No I didn't win any medals but I received a Certificate of Participation. The competition was tough and me being part of it was already 'something' for me. Really great exposure and personal achievement for me.

Wondering what's taking NTU so long to send out the offers. Most of my friends received theirs from NUS already. Really hope its not due to huge numbers of applicants with 90th percentile GPA scores killing hopes for those in the 10th percentile range.
I see. At least you took part the finals in the WorldSkills Singapore. That's very impressive. Because not everyone can get a chance to take part in the finals for WorldSkills.

I did not apply to NTU since they don't have the course I want.

I did apply for NUS Information Systems but until now still no news...
XenophisS likes this.
Old 22-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #763

Yup. It's kinda shiok when you get a distinction for modules especially those project modules. It's also a good experience to pitch your project to a panel of judges. Are you from NYP School Of IT also?
Yeap thatís what I feel too! Nope, I am from School of Chemical & Life science.
limelabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #764

Congrats! Do you have O lvl qualification by any chance?
Yup my r4 was 12 r5 16
randylol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #765

Yup my r4 was 12 r5 16
I see. Seems like O lvl is so important to university admission...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.