NTU/NUS/SMU 2019-2020 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the money will be well spend and is worthwhile:) :)

I maybe looking at oversea medicine too if I m not able to get into local med thru EIS next year. :D

With the latest fee hike. Overseas medicine is not much more expensive than NUS medicine anyway

Spider98

Reaction score
With the latest fee hike. Overseas medicine is not much more expensive than NUS medicine anyway
Any idea How much for a decent UK degree in medicine as compared to local uni?

For law, it’s abt $12k a year x 4 years versus $40k a year in UK.

happygoldlucky

Reaction score
interview question is really just "Why linguistics" after that it really depends on how you answer and the professor will ask questions accordingly, he really just wants to get to know you and see if you're a good fit for linguistics. He also will discuss about the essay you wrote before, so like make sure you don't write gibberish cause yeah.... my essay question was about animals and how they communicate but really they're just testing how good your command of English is.

Goodluck! And do let me know how it went!
Thank you so much!! Let's update each other hehe goodluck!

Nerak00

Reaction score
1. GPA 3.71 5th Sem, 3.67 6th Sem.

2. R4 pretty bad, 18. R5 is 25 LOL.

3. Went for Interview 3 days ago.

Hope this helps!!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing on what do they ask in the Buz interview?

Also, do you have any Ccas or outstanding portfolios?

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea How much for a decent UK degree in medicine as compared to local uni?

For law, it’s abt $12k a year x 4 years versus $40k a year in UK.

Only know local medicine is around 35k per year now

lingster

Reaction score
SIT Accountancy

Wow.. You applied for Accountancy right? Can I know your gpa? (You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable saying it here)

How did they notify you? You went to the portal to check or they informed you via email/sms?

hey sflr. yup Accountancy is my first choice and I got offered also. my gpa is 3.6x haha

they will notify you through email and sms (to ask you to check your email) & ofc the application status on the portal will get updated as well.

cplovelm

Reaction score
Congrats! Can u share what are the activities on interaction day? What is expected?

For my case, the interaction day is a group activities involves 25ppl. At first an intro to the course by thr prof, follow by kahoot quiz related to the course. There's a 45mins group activities ask to build a tower use 20pcs spaghetti and one marshmallow... Mainly to show ur class participation... This for IS only, other course shld be different.

TheGuyNextDoorr

Reaction score
Hey I pm-ed you! Keen to know more about SMU since most likely I will accept the offer hehe :)

Hey lingster, I realized I have only 6 post counts so can't pm back.
Do you already have Telegram? SMU students mostly uses Telegram, so if you have one, we can chat there instead :)
(can just pm me your tele username)

SMU Accountancy's course structure
Financial Accounting
For accounting modules, there will be group work for almost every module, except for Financial Accounting, which is the 1st accounting mod SOA students will have to take.

There, you'll have 2 quizzes and 1 assignment instead of a group project as you slowly get used to accounting, which shouldn't be too difficult for poly students like you (if you're careful and hardworking).

Higher-level accounting modules
Other modules like Financial Reporting and Analysis and Intermediate Financial Reporting will all have group projects AND in-class tests.

Types of group projects will vary by prof, and this is where having seniors who have taken these prof will help (past project references!):s12:

Last edited:

mrmmme

Reaction score
Might be abit off-topic, but do u guys think the igp for the unis will increase alot for poly applicants next yr? After removing the 20% o levels requirements and dragon yr poly applicants.

CharlieNiner

Reaction score
Might be abit off-topic, but do u guys think the igp for the unis will increase alot for poly applicants next yr? After removing the 20% o levels requirements and dragon yr poly applicants.

Considering some students may not do well in 'O' level but do really well in poly, it does seem possible that the IGP may have an upward trend from next year.
But we can only assume until it really happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.