HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS Btech

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2017, 11:11 PM   #1

NUS Btech

Hi, anyone taking NUS Btech for this Aug intake? Do you guys have to take the entrance exam? I was informed to take the entrance exam for mathematics and electronics. NUS only offered BPU for mathematics, but not the main discipline electronics, how do we study then?
weide87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #2

I have to take the Maths paper and also Civil Engineering paper entrance exam. NUS in their early Btech course website in March do mentioned there is lecture and tutorial lessons for 1 month prior to the entrance exam where applicants can enrol. Now the email received said only has Maths Prep course.

I also worry if for the Civil Engineering paper self-study can make it or not?
alantkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #3

I have to take the Maths paper and also Civil Engineering paper entrance exam. NUS in their early Btech course website in March do mentioned there is lecture and tutorial lessons for 1 month prior to the entrance exam where applicants can enrol. Now the email received said only has Maths Prep course.

I also worry if for the Civil Engineering paper self-study can make it or not?
Ya lor, duno how many years never touch the module already, and they offered only Math Prep course. You going for the Math Prep? As for your civil engineering paper, how you going to get the notes? NUS does not offer us any option to download them right? Entrance exam is just one month away.. GG
Old 06-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

Ya lor, duno how many years never touch the module already, and they offered only Math Prep course. You going for the Math Prep? As for your civil engineering paper, how you going to get the notes? NUS does not offer us any option to download them right? Entrance exam is just one month away.. GG
Kind of feel like kena con, now have to self study. Have to pay $500 (Maths) plus $80+(Civil Engineering), if cannot pass the entrance exam paper will waste the $$. NUS give until next Tuesday to register for exam.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #5

Hey, I am also applying for the BTech in (EE)
Same situation as you, ask to sit for the maths and electronic exams papers, most likely will attend the Maths course if work permits!

Anyone knows if I Accept NTU offer, while waiting for the results of the Entrance exams will my place in NUS void?
Cos NTU is direct entry and no need take entrance exams!
Ajeet.mrbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #6

Hey, I am also applying for the BTech in (EE)
Same situation as you, ask to sit for the maths and electronic exams papers, most likely will attend the Maths course if work permits!

Anyone knows if I Accept NTU offer, while waiting for the results of the Entrance exams will my place in NUS void?
Cos NTU is direct entry and no need take entrance exams!
Mist probably i won't take the entrance exams since the Civil Engineering units don't have lectures and tutorial
Old 07-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #7

hello guys

i also apply Btech Mechanical Engineering.
My outcome was successful. without any interview / Entrance Exam.
For those taking entrance exam, its really unfair as now only maths prep course and the exam is like a month later. Too rush. But jiayou and see you soon in ntu/nus.

However, i cant seems to press the offer of acceptance. Is the link/button down?

I also kinda of in a dilemma whether to choose NTU Mechanical Eng or NUS Mechanical Eng
roger911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:40 AM   #8

hello guys

i also apply Btech Mechanical Engineering.
My outcome was successful. without any interview / Entrance Exam.
For those taking entrance exam, its really unfair as now only maths prep course and the exam is like a month later. Too rush. But jiayou and see you soon in ntu/nus.

However, i cant seems to press the offer of acceptance. Is the link/button down?

I also kinda of in a dilemma whether to choose NTU Mechanical Eng or NUS Mechanical Eng
Congrats.

NUS part time is Btech and NTU part time is BEng, any difference between them? Is BEng better as in the employer market?
Old 08-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Both are recognized by PEB Sg which is the reason why job market are willing to accept them. NTU BEng did not stand out compare to NUS BTech in term of employer preference. However both full & part time NTU BEng have the same degree while you can tell directly the different from NUS.

In term of overseas academic, BTech at country like Australia is a three-year exit point from the four-year BEng degree. So NUS BTech may not be recognized as a full degree by employer & professional bodies if you intend to work overseas.

Congrats.

NUS part time is Btech and NTU part time is BEng, any difference between them? Is BEng better as in the employer market?
Old 08-05-2017, 11:02 PM   #10

Tomorrow is the last day for the payment for Btech Preparatory Unit, will need to take half day leave as they closed at 6pm. Hope they will give notes for electronics modules, else sure gone case
Old 09-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #11

Tomorrow is the last day for the payment for Btech Preparatory Unit, will need to take half day leave as they closed at 6pm. Hope they will give notes for electronics modules, else sure gone case
Let us know if they give notes
Old 11-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #12

Hi, can anyone sell me the math notes? Because Im taking other course at same time and unable to attend the lecture. PM: 92786088
yy927860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 12:32 AM   #13

Hi, can anyone sell me the math notes? Because Im taking other course at same time and unable to attend the lecture. PM: 92786088
Hi, bro & sis, I also miss out the Maths course, need the maths notes, anyone can help? HP:83218891
Archer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #14

Congrats.

Ntu Pt issues exactly the same cert with ft,taking same exams and bell curve, recognized wholly by all institutions.
Nus btech is specially designed for pt, issuing different certs with ft,and recognized by most of the reputable institutions.
Both has same duration,which is 4 years.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Engaylandvssinkapore; 11-07-2017 at 05:45 PM..
Engaylandvssinkapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #15

Congrats.

Ps: my personal opinion, B.eng is definitely better than B.tech in terms of knowledge that u can receive.But I can guarantee you that both degrees are recognized by Singapore government as I have one b.tech friend,who's working in public sector, got the same starting salary with full time graduate.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Engaylandvssinkapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.