Overseas Education

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cryophoenix
  • 1 Post By patryn33
  • 1 Post By nyvrem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #1

Overseas Education

I want to pursuade my parents to allow me study in Norway. My dad is chill yt my mom is the more strict. She is more skeptical and lk wants me to go to sydney cause my uncle stays there. Anybody can help?
amazingneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #2

I want to pursuade my parents to allow me study in Norway. My dad is chill yt my mom is the more strict. She is more skeptical and lk wants me to go to sydney cause my uncle stays there. Anybody can help?
talk about the cost of education, norway is cheaper than aus
drowningfish101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 09:40 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Understand her concerns 1st then gather the info to address each of her concerns.

Problem solving 101, identify the issue the address the issue with a solution. One should not be cowboy start throwing solutions and hope one sticks.

Last edited by patryn33; 24-07-2020 at 02:05 AM..
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #4

Okay let me try. I also dont know cause i have talked some of the issues, but like how am I gonna explain the culture part and its just me where i want to try a different culture. Im not sure on how to phrase it properly to make it sound convincing. Like i just want to go to a different place and experience their life. Somewhere which is actually much more happier.
Old 24-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

If can't enter Oxbridge, Imperial or Ivy League, better study local uni. You can do your masters overseas later.
dzpliu likes this.
Cryophoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

If can't enter Oxbridge, Imperial or Ivy League, better study local uni. You can do your masters overseas later.
U might as well state Local program has exchange program donít have to do full masters. Well not everyone is game to go higher degree.

Local uni means NUS, SUSS and those private uni?
Old 24-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Okay let me try. I also dont know cause i have talked some of the issues, but like how am I gonna explain the culture part and its just me where i want to try a different culture. Im not sure on how to phrase it properly to make it sound convincing. Like i just want to go to a different place and experience their life. Somewhere which is actually much more happier.
Well if you cannot explain the case here, it will be hard making a case to your mum without knowing what is her concern. To make it worst ppl here donít know u or your mum. Say extreme case, you are a lady and has not shown her the past u are mature and responsible in all your actions. What u say is never going to change her mind. She just want someone to monitor and spot check you; or go to your help cause u always in trouble.

U can google for the advantage of study aboard and u find plenty of pages explaining trying to convince the reader. Try that read those and formulate your own approach to speak to your family.
amazingneil likes this.

Last edited by patryn33; 24-07-2020 at 09:09 PM..
Old 25-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #8
Great Supremacy Member

i think first concern ur mum prob has is "if anything happens to my kid, at least we got family nearby"

her 2nd concern would prob be "Norway got good Uni there meh? Later go there study in unknown Uni come out cannot find job how?"

maybe she's also thinking - Oz is near SG, easier to come home.

try to address those concerns with her first ba.
amazingneil likes this.
Old 26-07-2020, 05:46 AM   #9
Master Member

How is being in Norway much happier than being in Singapore or Australia ?

Last edited by g_t2006; 28-07-2020 at 11:48 PM..
g_t2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 11:21 PM   #10

Thanks all for all your help. I will try do all the relevant research then see if i can make a case. Really hope she agrees in the end.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.