READ THIS FIRST! VIEWS ON UNIVERSITIES & DEGREES RECOGNITION IN SINGAPORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to find out which D/L degree are recognise by local government for Degree in Business (Marketing, HR, Banking finance)

And as for Validated Degree, is it not as good to compare with Franchis degree if apply for job?

Last edited:

Moomook

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering to go to Japan for undergrad. Love the country. But my brother, who recently just graduated and went for job hunting, said that degrees from Japan are not as recognised as that of NTU or NUS, unless you go to Tokyo uni.

Is that true? Does anyone know about the employment outlook for undergrads who studied in Japan?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan being a small country has over 1300 uni.
Most degree from Japan is not as recognize as local ivy as employers just never heard of them.
Most ppl only know highly ranked uni as they show up on the Press.

In fact most Japan uni don't teach, it's a place to have fun and games. U will lose out if company brings u in and test you on technical knowledge. In Japan, company device their company interview exam and applicants can get ready on it.

new-comer

Reaction score
My GPA not gd enough for NTU/NUS/SMU.

I would like to pursue accountancy. What choices am I left with? SIM-UOL or ACCA?

photobuff

Reaction score
One way to check if you are offered based on your "A-level" pay is to ask for the grade. If you fall within a certain grade and you know the grade system in the organisation, then you will know. Very simple.

i graduated from SIM- UOL (banking and finance) with 2nd upp. MFA did offer me a position in the finance department. well, judging from the pay they offered, they are only recognising my A level qualification. what do you say? definitely, they didn't call me to mock at me. rather, i think they're seizing the opportunity to get cheaper labour.
SIGH......

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need DL degrees.

I have an ADVANCE diploma from MDIS (Locally issued).

Pay wise offerred is sad... offered me O level pay $#@$@#*($(#

so much so that im forced to get a degree from SIM(some saving grace).

if not die la...

failed 3/4 modules.. le sigh...

Sunflowerrr

Reaction score
I need help from all of you!

Is NUS business or NTU business better?

NUS has a better reputation I guess?
NTU is raising too.

:s11::s11::s11:

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need help from all of you!

Is NUS business or NTU business better?

NUS has a better reputation I guess?
NTU is raising too.

:s11::s11::s11:
NTU business better..

NUS overall higher ranking

edit: i just applied for relief teaching at MOE. failed...

my advance dip isnt from poly.... sigh

Last edited:

Sunflowerrr

Reaction score
NTU business better..

NUS overall higher ranking

edit: i just applied for relief teaching at MOE. failed...

my advance dip isnt from poly.... sigh

Better in what way? The teaching, culture, etc?

You are waiting for uni admission too?

jinglealltheway

Reaction score
Overseas degree not recognized by government

I have a Rmit degree taken at sim and after many attempts to try to apply to government, I found out that many ministries don't recognized my cert. I have been applying to the public service, didn't get short listed by any ministries or stat board. I worked outside for a few months and tried applying again to public service. Still nothing.

My sister worked hard for the public service. More than 10 years, just got her degree from SA, and was told that they don't recognized her degree. She can't get her grade up.

Just a word of advice, if you wanna work for the public service, unless you're from the 3 local universities or better (Ivy league universities) don't bother trying.

I love my country and I want to serve my nation but is our government is an equal opportunity employer? I really don't know.

Bedokian

Reaction score
I have a Rmit degree taken at sim and after many attempts to try to apply to government, I found out that many ministries don't recognized my cert. I have been applying to the public service, didn't get short listed by any ministries or stat board. I worked outside for a few months and tried applying again to public service. Still nothing.

My sister worked hard for the public service. More than 10 years, just got her degree from SA, and was told that they don't recognized her degree. She can't get her grade up.

Just a word of advice, if you wanna work for the public service, unless you're from the 3 local universities or better (Ivy league universities) don't bother trying.

I love my country and I want to serve my nation but is our government is an equal opportunity employer? I really don't know.

There could be many dimensions as to why the ministries and/or statutory boards did not get back to you besides the "don't recognized my cert" part. Although they have the tendency to hire local graduates, but I do met people who have DL degrees inside working as well.

Your few months' experience is not enough even if you want to jump to the private sector. If you are employed now, do stay on in your current place for at least another 1 year or so before re-attempting to go to the public sector, for by then they may consider your experience as well as degree.

As for your sister's case, I do know some public sector organisations do not have upgrading policies in place for those whose qualifications have gone from diploma to degree. In fact, I have heard of a case where a person's degree was recognised by 1 statutory board but not by the other. In this case for your sister, it is best that she move on to better opportunities.

syeechee

Reaction score
Better in what way? The teaching, culture, etc?

You are waiting for uni admission too?

It has the world best professor teaching business. Has been consistently ranked as best business school in SG for several years...Just Google and u will know...

areahealer

Reaction score
Can anybody help me? Is it possible to obtain PSB Academy diploma cert to advance to SIM-UOL? PSB Academy diploma is cheaper instead of SIM diploma and admission criteria for SIM-UOL must obtain at least 60%. Anybody tired before this route? :s12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.