HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIM UOB (Birmingham) or RMIT Accounting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 01:31 AM   #1

SIM UOB (Birmingham) or RMIT Accounting

Hi all,

It is time to consider which uni to go to and I have a few concerns. I would like to know more about the difference between RMIT & UOB accounting

*Excluding*
- Teaching style (RMIT - similar to SUSS ; UOB 5/6 days a wk)
- RMIT - bachelor of business (accountancy) ; UOB - Bachelor of Science (Honours) Accounting and Finance

I have exemptions to RMIT (1.5 years) and possible direct entry to UOB (2 years).

Well, here are my concerns:
1) What is the difference in the modules btw RMIT & UOB? How large is the difference and which is more practical in the workforce?
2) A common qn, which is more recognised in SG? It seems a larger percentage is from RMIT and is thus more known. Is that true? (Well... or maybe because RMIT is 'more affordable' *as if priv unis are ever affordable * well cheaper than UOB)
3) Is it true employers does not care about which nonlocal uni u go to and just mark it as priv uni? Or .. well UOB or RMIT? Which one has a higher chance of employment?
4)Sceptical about how full time program from RMIT is 3 years while it is 2 years for UOB. hmmmmmmm.... well I have been getting negative comments about how getting a deg. w honours in such short term is not exactly the best thing. Any thoughts about this?

Well my greatest concern is about employability in the future especially with my empty resume. Been applying for related jobs but havent been getting any response #sucks that i lack experience

Please pardon my amateur questions which may seem a dumb and offending. TBH. I am just confused and well not knowing how some things work so I tried my best to elaborate the qns that I want to ask.

Please help thank you UOB & RMIT grads and seniors in accounting, I appreciate if you will help me put in this aspect. Thank you! These are all the questions I can think of for now.
tylerical is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.