SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Lol no. 2 papers can kena same day. The exam schedule doesn't care whether one has enough time to study for the papers or not.

So far year 1 has been nice to me. Gosh, worried about year 2/3... anyways all the best and happy graduation soon!

dooziez

Reaction score
anyone knows if they’ll be very anal if you use pencils for graph drawing in the answer booklet for economics mods? totally slipped my mind that we had to use pen for graph drawing..

FadedBoy

Reaction score
anyone knows if they’ll be very anal if you use pencils for graph drawing in the answer booklet for economics mods? totally slipped my mind that we had to use pen for graph drawing..

I thought for diagrams, pencil is supposed to be used? I used pencil for diagrams for intro to econs.

CYBob5

Reaction score
hi i'm in A&F final year, taking audit FR and MM next week.

i have some exemptions and only need to take 9 mods. Cleared all the other mods already. does anyone knows if i can still graduate if i fail a core mod in my final year? No confidence in passing the audit paper at all fml :s16:

Thanks in advance!

p/s: shoutout to the fellow FR/Audit exam takers... two papers on the same day wtf :s8:

If im not wrong a fail in a core mod and not retaking it to pass means its a drop in classification of Honors. so if failing mods in final year means need to retain one more year. wtf indeed so ded

Stanlim96

Reaction score
Hi guys, can I ask is it easy to apply for scholarship for UOL students? I wanted to apply but judging from my year1 exams, I am unsure. Anyone know the requirements to become a scholar?

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Hi guys, can I ask is it easy to apply for scholarship for UOL students? I wanted to apply but judging from my year1 exams, I am unsure. Anyone know the requirements to become a scholar?

I'm thinking of applying too..

Kael97

Reaction score
Any UOL E&F seniors?

helooo im enrolling for SIM UOL this August and any seniors from UOL E&F here? Need some advices and textbooks and lecturer notes ! thank you for replying me waiting for your answers ! :)

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Are grades the only consideration?

There are many categories. If grades are your concerns, then it would fall under Academic excellence and leadership. I am planning to use my pre u results + year 1 results to improve my chances of getting selected.

All the best! And keep me posted if you do get interviewed during september.

FadedBoy

Reaction score
helooo im enrolling for SIM UOL this August and any seniors from UOL E&F here? Need some advices and textbooks and lecturer notes ! thank you for replying me waiting for your answers ! :)

All i can say is, you chose one of the toughest course available. FCH rates is low and failure rate for the year 2/3 papers are high. The study guides are pretty much useless for year 1 mods particularly maths 1, stats 2, intro to econs.

Nonetheless, All the best.

( i am from EnF year 1 going year 2, planning to switch to AnF)

PS: It's too early to start your revision for UOL, however i do suggest you to practice on calculus during this period of time as it is heavily relied upon during y1.

Last edited:

FadedBoy

Reaction score

Macro econs is tough, last i heard corporate finance failure rate was so high they decided to split it between asset pricing and principles of corporate finance, but EnF students are still required to take both.

You got elements of econometrics which is gonna kill you ( you will get some expectations of it when you see the jump from stats 1 to 2)

Quantitative finance, heard it's new and it's tough to even study.

Just wanna share what i know, when a bulk of my friends came into this course, we didn't know what to expect. Year 1 to me is very manageable, but come year 2 and 3, it might not be the case for EnF anymore as compared to AnF.

Stanlim96

Reaction score
There are many categories. If grades are your concerns, then it would fall under Academic excellence and leadership. I am planning to use my pre u results + year 1 results to improve my chances of getting selected.

All the best! And keep me posted if you do get interviewed during september.

Hahaha thanks! Are you in year 1 or 2?

Sid404

Reaction score
Anyone knows if I get 7/9 third class marks, if I decide to carry my 2 fails to classification, will my third class hons become pass degree? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.