SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

pleasesendhelp

Reaction score
PBF not easy to score A but easy to score decently, their marking scheme is strict for the essays, usually the calculation qns are not enough to achieve a pass, they deliberately did so, so that you will attempt the essay qns to get a pass at least.

You may write a chunk on the essay(go out of point), or copy wholesale from the study guide, that's what they hate the most, and you either score poorly or get a big fat 0 for the essay component.

Thank you for this valuable info!

ssjjuu

Reaction score
stats2

Hii does anyone have stats2 slots? that starts in september instead of december if there is!! can tele me @mayxuen tq

ellassay

Reaction score
Any recommendation on best lecturers (and their email) for :

* FN3142 Quantitative Finance [QF]
* FN3099 Industrial Econ [INDUS]
* FN3115 Monetary Econ [MONEC]
* FN2190 Asset Pricing & Financial Mkt [APFM]
* FN2191 Principles of Corporate Finance [PCF]

Please drop me a PM or reply to me so that I can drop you a PM ! Thanks a lot !

Btw I have emails of Manfred, Lillibeth, Kumar, Chen Ai Di, Andy Lee, Derek, David Quek, Lee Chin Choo if needed.

Hello may I have Chen aidi’s email? thx

qiskissqis

Reaction score
has anyone tried pushing and complaining for a specific lecture slot with the sim admin staff? cause i really want this specific lecture slot.

and if you have, what reasons did you give to change slots?

thanks!

FadedBoy

Reaction score
has anyone tried pushing and complaining for a specific lecture slot with the sim admin staff? cause i really want this specific lecture slot.

and if you have, what reasons did you give to change slots?

thanks!

A friend of mine did so, he was in my maths 2 lecture class, wanted to be in my lecturer stats 2 class too, so he sent an email saying that he was a PT student and was struggling with those two, asked if they could slot him in. His appeal was successful but had to pay admin fees. Wont comment on who the lecturer was for privacy reasons.

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Hello! I am sure this info will be needed by many so pls do reply if you have any ideas! Looks like alot of us did not get the timeslots/lecturers we want and want to crash lecture. Have to crash from the first week onwards because diff lecturers go at different pace and you might end up missing out on things if you only crash in the later weeks.

How to go about doing it without getting caught by SIM admins? And how does the checking usual go about? What do they actually do?

I didn't crash on yr 1 cause i was a good boy, but then i realise after receiving my yr 1 results that it's better to crash good lecturer classes to score well. Downside is you cant have access to certain lecturer notes so you really need to make friends in those classes, which can be hard if you are an introvert like me.

To answer your qn, there is no way to infiltrate a classroom w/o ever getting detected. The classrooms have cctv and they have facial recognition system to detect crashers. Having said that, they don't always come down unless the classes are the popular ones for instance, mr bernard's maths/ stats class, CAD intro to econs and so on so forth.

During a spot check, they will block all exits and ask every student to put their SIM student card on the table to verify if you are attending the correct class, if not, your name will be recorded and you'll be asked to leave. If you ask me what are the consequences, there's nth, why? Cause they pretty much can't do shet about you. Just like for local students, if you don't bother attending classes, there's nth they can do to you too.

Your last hope is today's SSCE. If you can't get the lecturers you want, just crash. Previously in y1 i didn't know lecturers could be picked, i was lucky to get 4/6 good lecturers.

Some lecturers are nice, they inform about an imminent spot check so that crashers can leave first to prevent getting caught.

Last edited:

qiskissqis

Reaction score
A friend of mine did so, he was in my maths 2 lecture class, wanted to be in my lecturer stats 2 class too, so he sent an email saying that he was a PT student and was struggling with those two, asked if they could slot him in. His appeal was successful but had to pay admin fees. Wont comment on who the lecturer was for privacy reasons.
oh okay. should i email them now, or after the ssce exercise is over?

kkonglove9

Reaction score
Hello does anyone have Ms chen aidi's timetable for Intro to econ? or her email? drop me a pm ~ thank u :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.