HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIM-UOL VS SAA-UOL

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2007, 02:10 AM   #1

SIM-UOL VS SAA-UOL

May I know about the difference teaching wise, facilities wise between both?
Anyone in SAA-UOL currently?

Since it's already pointless to apply for SIM-UOL, can someone tell me more about their experience or what they know of SAA-UOL? Thanks very much!
crazylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #2

Go for SAA

I hope it is not too late for me to reply ur msg as i am quite busy.

Well so far that i know long before even SIM existed and offered UOL program, It was Stansfield the most prominent UOL tuition provider in Singapore.
They used to have great lectures such as Allan, Steven McDermot, Rhada etc however after they moved to Penang lane they become SUPER SUCKs.

Most of their former lectures have moved to SAA which is good.
The lectures i know are Alan, Teo, Rhada, Raju.
They are very dedicated lectures.

I have completed my UOL program with Stansfield. That's why i get to know all of these.
My brother however will transfer to SAA this August intake.

I heard that they have 10% discount, but i think u have missed the deadline.
Anyway money wise SAA is still lower compared to SIM and their location is good, at least for me
The SAA UOL campus will be in Raffles Place area, it will be just walking distance from raffles Place MRT.
Well they defenetely do not offer u compund premises like SIM but i think the premises is quite ok to support ur study process.
Anyway i think the most important aspect is the lectures n their notes.

I hope this will help.

Last edited by lialialia; 09-06-2008 at 12:53 AM..
lialialia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #3

Well, am I right to say that employers see UOL (SIM) and UOL(SAA) equally? For me, apart from reputation wise, location is VERY important. Quality of teaching is utmost priority of course.
WillieTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:54 AM   #4

SAA is famous for ACCA which is also UK qualification. if ur UOL degree is banking and finance den sure recognise by employer cos most of the finance industry already long heard of SAA given many ACCA grad from SAA
hongge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well, am I right to say that employers see UOL (SIM) and UOL(SAA) equally? For me, apart from reputation wise, location is VERY important. Quality of teaching is utmost priority of course.
The qualification is ultimately awarded by UOL and not by either SIM or SAA, so just go for whichever PEO you feel will give you the best support to do well. The cert will not mention either SIM or SAA, employers might ask but there should not be any difference as it is still the same qualifcation.
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #6

i think employers dun really care where you took since its external

but i got something to say...

lets say you...

go to kns school, admin got problem, no lecturers, kns lecturers, lecturers quit halfway, no notes
but you get 1st class or 2nd upper...

go to solid school, good admin, good lecturers, good notes
but you get 3rd class or pass...

which individual is better?
crappyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #7

I actually transferred from Stansfield to SAA.
Thank goodness I joined SAA after hearing its good reputation from my frens. Its actually the training arm of the national accountancy body and lots of its lecturer (not only its famous accounting lecturers: Mr Goh Sher Wee, Ben Lee, Alan, JK ..) are very good. Mr Teo, Irene tay, ..... are also very good.

In Stansfield, they changed 6 no-standard-lecturers for Principles of Accounting come and go in one year and in SAA not a single lecturer quit halfway.

I heard from my frens who got conned by Stansfield that they now cannot leave Stansfield once they made the very first payment at Stansfield even if the lecturers sucks and the admin sucks but the salesman is great! ****!

Beware of the Stansfield Cheaters' contract which in very very small fonts reads:
01• Enrolment for the course, together with first instalment or full payment of fees create a binding agreement to follow the course from the Diploma/Foundation level to the final year of the University of London’s degree and pay the full course fees, even if a student subsequently decides not to complete the course.
Jack Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #8

im so glad i left stansfield.... initially when i joined, i had good lecturers for my bridging course and a few subjs. Eg: Mr Teo (econs) and Alan (POA). i left after they resigned, cos i got all the #^$^@#% teachers. really pissed off with stansfield.

i didnt know teo and alan went to SAA!!! these lecturers are truly valuable, very patient and knowledgeable.
ralnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #9

but too bad they only have bridging course on yearly basis.. I was hoping to enroll if there's one intake (Bridging) in Jan 09
WillieTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #10

im so glad i left stansfield.... initially when i joined, i had good lecturers for my bridging course and a few subjs. Eg: Mr Teo (econs) and Alan (POA). i left after they resigned, cos i got all the #^$^@#% teachers. really pissed off with stansfield.

i didnt know teo and alan went to SAA!!! these lecturers are truly valuable, very patient and knowledgeable.
Is Mr Teo who is teaching econs good? I am now considering if I should go to SAA. I do not really have a good impressoion of him in the course preview recently. Anyone has been taught by him before?
Also anyone who has been studing the UOL program last year? How is SAA?
lindatlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #11

I actually transferred from Stansfield to SAA.
Thank goodness I joined SAA after hearing its good reputation from my frens. Its actually the training arm of the national accountancy body and lots of its lecturer (not only its famous accounting lecturers: Mr Goh Sher Wee, Ben Lee, Alan, JK ..) are very good. Mr Teo, Irene tay, ..... are also very good.

In Stansfield, they changed 6 no-standard-lecturers for Principles of Accounting come and go in one year and in SAA not a single lecturer quit halfway.

I heard from my frens who got conned by Stansfield that they now cannot leave Stansfield once they made the very first payment at Stansfield even if the lecturers sucks and the admin sucks but the salesman is great! ****!

Beware of the Stansfield Cheaters' contract which in very very small fonts reads:
01• Enrolment for the course, together with first instalment or full payment of fees create a binding agreement to follow the course from the Diploma/Foundation level to the final year of the University of London’s degree and pay the full course fees, even if a student subsequently decides not to complete the course.
huh serious? u mean the moment i pay must continue all the way meh???? i tot no matter what.. sure can quit one wat LOL!
kennylkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #12

Well so far that i know long before even SIM existed and offered UOL program, It was Stansfield the most prominent UOL tuition provider in Singapore.
They used to have great lectures such as Allan, Steven McDermot, Rhada etc however after they moved to Penang lane they become SUPER SUCKs.

I have completed my UOL program with Stansfield. That's why i get to know all of these.

Anyway money wise SAA is still lower compared to SIM and their location is good, at least for me
The SAA UOL campus will be in Raffles Place area, it will be just walking distance from raffles Place MRT.
Well they defenetely do not offer u compund premises like SIM but i think the premises is quite ok to support ur study process.

I hope this will help.
Is the Mr Teo you refer is Teo Chua Chin ? Can he teach microecons well? I am
considering of enrolling with SAA for the UOL program. Is SAA a good school?
lindatlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #13

I hope this will help.

How's their teaching style? How's their notes like?
strawberrycherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #14

Hi, I will be joining SAA this august after hearing from my seniors that they have got very good lecturers. Is there anybody joining me?
Also, heard that they offer lots of internships at CPA firms because SAA is the national body for accountany (ICPAS) and this is important to me.
SweetStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #15

Hi, I will be joining SAA this august after hearing from my seniors that they have got very good lecturers. Is there anybody joining me?
Also, heard that they offer lots of internships at CPA firms because SAA is the national body for accountany (ICPAS) and this is important to me.
ICPAS is the national body for accounting. SAA is only the training arm of the ICPAS.
Petrelli_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.