SIM-UOL VS SAA-UOL

crazylush

Reaction score
May I know about the difference teaching wise, facilities wise between both?
Anyone in SAA-UOL currently?

Since it's already pointless to apply for SIM-UOL, can someone tell me more about their experience or what they know of SAA-UOL? Thanks very much!

lialialia

Reaction score
Go for SAA

I hope it is not too late for me to reply ur msg as i am quite busy.

Well so far that i know long before even SIM existed and offered UOL program, It was Stansfield the most prominent UOL tuition provider in Singapore.
They used to have great lectures such as Allan, Steven McDermot, Rhada etc however after they moved to Penang lane they become SUPER SUCKs.

Most of their former lectures have moved to SAA which is good.
The lectures i know are Alan, Teo, Rhada, Raju.
They are very dedicated lectures.

I have completed my UOL program with Stansfield. That's why i get to know all of these.
My brother however will transfer to SAA this August intake.

I heard that they have 10% discount, but i think u have missed the deadline.
Anyway money wise SAA is still lower compared to SIM and their location is good, at least for me :D
The SAA UOL campus will be in Raffles Place area, it will be just walking distance from raffles Place MRT.
Well they defenetely do not offer u compund premises like SIM but i think the premises is quite ok to support ur study process.
Anyway i think the most important aspect is the lectures n their notes.

I hope this will help.

Last edited:

WillieTan

Reaction score
Well, am I right to say that employers see UOL (SIM) and UOL(SAA) equally? For me, apart from reputation wise, location is VERY important. Quality of teaching is utmost priority of course.

hongge

Reaction score
SAA is famous for ACCA which is also UK qualification. if ur UOL degree is banking and finance den sure recognise by employer cos most of the finance industry already long heard of SAA given many ACCA grad from SAA

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, am I right to say that employers see UOL (SIM) and UOL(SAA) equally? For me, apart from reputation wise, location is VERY important. Quality of teaching is utmost priority of course.

The qualification is ultimately awarded by UOL and not by either SIM or SAA, so just go for whichever PEO you feel will give you the best support to do well. The cert will not mention either SIM or SAA, employers might ask but there should not be any difference as it is still the same qualifcation.

crappyz

Reaction score
i think employers dun really care where you took since its external

but i got something to say...

lets say you...

go to kns school, admin got problem, no lecturers, kns lecturers, lecturers quit halfway, no notes
but you get 1st class or 2nd upper...

go to solid school, good admin, good lecturers, good notes
but you get 3rd class or pass...

which individual is better?

Jack Star

Reaction score
I actually transferred from Stansfield to SAA.
Thank goodness I joined SAA after hearing its good reputation from my frens. Its actually the training arm of the national accountancy body and lots of its lecturer (not only its famous accounting lecturers: Mr Goh Sher Wee, Ben Lee, Alan, JK ..) are very good. Mr Teo, Irene tay, ..... are also very good.

In Stansfield, they changed 6 no-standard-lecturers for Principles of Accounting come and go in one year and in SAA not a single lecturer quit halfway.

I heard from my frens who got conned by Stansfield that they now cannot leave Stansfield once they made the very first payment at Stansfield even if the lecturers sucks and the admin sucks but the salesman is great! ****!

Beware of the Stansfield Cheaters' contract which in very very small fonts reads:
01• Enrolment for the course, together with first instalment or full payment of fees create a binding agreement to follow the course from the Diploma/Foundation level to the final year of the University of London’s degree and pay the full course fees, even if a student subsequently decides not to complete the course.

ralnbow

Reaction score
im so glad i left stansfield.... initially when i joined, i had good lecturers for my bridging course and a few subjs. Eg: Mr Teo (econs) and Alan (POA). i left after they resigned, cos i got all the #^$^@#% teachers. really pissed off with stansfield.

i didnt know teo and alan went to SAA!!! these lecturers are truly valuable, very patient and knowledgeable.

WillieTan

Reaction score
but too bad they only have bridging course on yearly basis.. I was hoping to enroll if there's one intake (Bridging) in Jan 09

lindatlc

Reaction score
im so glad i left stansfield.... initially when i joined, i had good lecturers for my bridging course and a few subjs. Eg: Mr Teo (econs) and Alan (POA). i left after they resigned, cos i got all the #^$^@#% teachers. really pissed off with stansfield.

i didnt know teo and alan went to SAA!!! these lecturers are truly valuable, very patient and knowledgeable.
Is Mr Teo who is teaching econs good? I am now considering if I should go to SAA. I do not really have a good impressoion of him in the course preview recently. Anyone has been taught by him before?
Also anyone who has been studing the UOL program last year? How is SAA?

kennylkl

Reaction score
I actually transferred from Stansfield to SAA.
Thank goodness I joined SAA after hearing its good reputation from my frens. Its actually the training arm of the national accountancy body and lots of its lecturer (not only its famous accounting lecturers: Mr Goh Sher Wee, Ben Lee, Alan, JK ..) are very good. Mr Teo, Irene tay, ..... are also very good.

In Stansfield, they changed 6 no-standard-lecturers for Principles of Accounting come and go in one year and in SAA not a single lecturer quit halfway.

I heard from my frens who got conned by Stansfield that they now cannot leave Stansfield once they made the very first payment at Stansfield even if the lecturers sucks and the admin sucks but the salesman is great! ****!

Beware of the Stansfield Cheaters' contract which in very very small fonts reads:
01• Enrolment for the course, together with first instalment or full payment of fees create a binding agreement to follow the course from the Diploma/Foundation level to the final year of the University of London’s degree and pay the full course fees, even if a student subsequently decides not to complete the course.

huh serious? u mean the moment i pay must continue all the way meh???? i tot no matter what.. sure can quit one wat LOL!

lindatlc

Reaction score

Well so far that i know long before even SIM existed and offered UOL program, It was Stansfield the most prominent UOL tuition provider in Singapore.
They used to have great lectures such as Allan, Steven McDermot, Rhada etc however after they moved to Penang lane they become SUPER SUCKs.

I have completed my UOL program with Stansfield. That's why i get to know all of these.

Anyway money wise SAA is still lower compared to SIM and their location is good, at least for me :D
The SAA UOL campus will be in Raffles Place area, it will be just walking distance from raffles Place MRT.
Well they defenetely do not offer u compund premises like SIM but i think the premises is quite ok to support ur study process.

I hope this will help.
Is the Mr Teo you refer is Teo Chua Chin ? Can he teach microecons well? I am
considering of enrolling with SAA for the UOL program. Is SAA a good school?

strawberrycherry

Reaction score

I hope this will help.

How's their teaching style? How's their notes like? :)

SweetStrawberry

Reaction score
Hi, I will be joining SAA this august after hearing from my seniors that they have got very good lecturers. Is there anybody joining me?
Also, heard that they offer lots of internships at CPA firms because SAA is the national body for accountany (ICPAS) and this is important to me.

Petrelli_83

Reaction score
Hi, I will be joining SAA this august after hearing from my seniors that they have got very good lecturers. Is there anybody joining me?
Also, heard that they offer lots of internships at CPA firms because SAA is the national body for accountany (ICPAS) and this is important to me.

ICPAS is the national body for accounting. SAA is only the training arm of the ICPAS.

le_mon

Reaction score

hey hey sweetstrawberry, me also joining this august. will u be going for their foundation classes? yea, true la they haf various affilation with those firm, but also must see if yr result is good anot.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey heard uol is lecture based ah?

meaning jus go and listen lecture and take notes?

no interaction or anything?

nwstbz23

Reaction score
hey heard uol is lecture based ah?

meaning jus go and listen lecture and take notes?

no interaction or anything?

A current SAA-UOL Bsc Accounting & Finance (doing the ICPAS route) student here.UOL is more of lecture based.It is syllabus coverage and from there,it depends on the lecturer's style of teaching.Some will have discussion of topics/likely exam questions for the module.

Currently doing HRM,info-systems & org (ISO-ORG),audit & assurance and principles of banking & finance (PBF).

nwstbz23

Reaction score
hi. i will be doing UOL Banking and finance in PSB soon. but was worried about the notes and lecturer. any one taking this course in sim/saa care to share notes. :) Seriously worried.

The notes generally for the modules offered in SAA-UOL courses or for Bsc Banking & Finance in particular?So far,from my own set notes,they are quite readable and can complement with the subject guides UOL issue to us.The only set of notes that i find which isn't that good will be for information systems & organisation (ISO-ORG,UOL 128).My audit & assurance,HRM & and PBF notes are pretty good :)

nauxuan

Reaction score
The notes generally for the modules offered in SAA-UOL courses or for Bsc Banking & Finance in particular?So far,from my own set notes,they are quite readable and can complement with the subject guides UOL issue to us.The only set of notes that i find which isn't that good will be for information systems & organisation (ISO-ORG,UOL 128).My audit & assurance,HRM & and PBF notes are pretty good :)

i'm taking uol Bsc banking & FInance in PSB. i'm just worried whether the notes PSB gave are good and sufficient.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.