HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIMGE RMIT Accountancy - How to use it to be CPA?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #1

Question SIMGE RMIT Accountancy - How to use it to be CPA?

I just finished my last paper for RMIT Bachelor of Biz (Accountancy), so I'll hopefully get my certificate in late 2019. I want to be a CPA, since I'm planning to go down the auditor route, but I'm very confused and need help and clarifications. There's gonna be lots of questions. Thank you in advance for helping.

Ok, so SIMGE RMIT. Does that mean I can try applying for CPA in either Singapore or Australia? I read up on their recognition and I'm still very confused on this. If I could apply for both, which would be better?

Regarding CPA Singapore:
1) I'm a blurr sotong. I have no idea if ACCA is still needed or wanted by employers. Do I need to take ACCA papers to be a CPA? What will taking ACCA be for?

2) To be a CPA, what I need to do is to take SAC's SCAQ (Professional Programme), is that right? Or after SCAQ, I still need to apply for ISCA? ISCA does recognise RMIT for associate but do I need to apply for it?

3) Other than SCAQ foundation modules, do I have any other exemptions?

4) Is there other ways to be CPA in Singapore too?

Regarding CPA Australia:
1) Ok, just to be clear, to be a CPA, first one must take foundation modules to be an associate, then take CPA program + 3yrs experience, right?

2) My bachelor degree would be from RMIT, so that means I don't have to take the foundation modules right? Or does being offshore/SIMGE changes thing and I do have to take it? If I do have to take foundation modules, what exemptions could I get?

3)Any other exemptions?

4) Do I have to take the migration assessment? I'm Singaporean and planning to work in Singapore.

Anything else you think I should know to put my degree to best use or to be CPA?

Last edited by Yuu.XW; 30-10-2018 at 06:41 PM..
Yuu.XW is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.