SIT Physiotherapy interview 2017

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #31

I've seen guys in this forum getting for OT/DR but none so far for PT
Just got offered via email. Gonna wait for PCP news
g0rdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #32

Hi are there anyone who managed to get an interview or accepted for PT with unrelated diploma?
teozyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 06:27 AM   #33

Hi G0rdie, when is your interview? Do you mind if i ask you how old are you?
wtfman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 06:49 AM   #34

Hi G0rdie, when is your interview? Do you mind if i ask you how old are you?
Mid 20s. Interview 5th April
g0rdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 08:28 AM   #35

Mid 20s. Interview 5th April
Ah.. I went on the same day as well.. are u currently working now? In similar setting?
wtfman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #36

Hi are there anyone who managed to get an interview or accepted for PT with unrelated diploma?
Hello, Yeap I'm from a unrelated diploma ,went for the interview on 10th April and got the offer on 26th April for Physiotherapy!
Therooftop likes this.
Pizzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 11:33 PM   #37

Hello, Yeap I'm from a unrelated diploma ,went for the interview on 10th April and got the offer on 26th April for Physiotherapy!
Hi Pizzam, thanks for replying! May I know your estimate gpa and did you work in a related field before applying or straight after poly/NS?
Old 01-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #38

Hi Pizzam, thanks for replying! May I know your estimate gpa and did you work in a related field before applying or straight after poly/NS?
Hi! hahaha My GPA is 3.42 and i'm a fresh graduate from NYP with no health care related background and experience. P.s I think SIT doesn't really filter their candidates based on academic performance hahaha
zkillers and teozyj like this.
Pizzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:35 PM   #39

Hi! hahaha My GPA is 3.42 and i'm a fresh graduate from NYP with no health care related background and experience. P.s I think SIT doesn't really filter their candidates based on academic performance hahaha
wow congrats! then it might be your personal statement or other factors. I did not even get a chance for the interview, might have to try again next year but may not get it too
Old 05-05-2017, 07:00 AM   #40

wow congrats! then it might be your personal statement or other factors. I did not even get a chance for the interview, might have to try again next year but may not get it too
hey! Personal statement is important. If you have work experience, you can try to applt in conjunction with wda's pcp too! Google it. Haha
PenalCramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #41

hey! Personal statement is important. If you have work experience, you can try to applt in conjunction with wda's pcp too! Google it. Haha
Yeah not sure where did it go wrong for me lol. Oh i did knew about the pcp last time from my physiotherapist, did contact wda but they state all the work experience during my poly days were not counted so I did not met the 2yrs work exp for pcp for now. But if i am not wrong, pcp does not affect the chance of getting into the allied health course?
Old 07-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

PCP depend on supply & demand. When supply of applicants is low, they are willing to take in those who have less then 2 years of experience & even if part time jobs are counted too but at discount duration of experience.

However for any reason if you fail to graduate or serve the 3 years bond, you will much worst off cause of debts from liquidated damages & there is no such things as leniency. I advice you to pay your own school fees rather then take PCP sponsorship (Yes, it is a sponsorship & never a scholarship. They verbally sell it is scholarship but any document is stated as sponsorship).

For guys, your reservist is your own problem if you fail to get deferment & it is never the problem of WSG, School, sponsoring hospital. You will see more unfair terms in the sponsorship deed. Before you even see the sponsorship deed, sponsoring hospital may ask you to sign a Letter of Undertaking that you will pay for liquidated damages (Eg: S$1,000) if you decided not to take up the offered. Please note that the S$1,000 is for not taking up the offered PCP course & the amount for failing to graduate or serve the 3 years bond will be much more.
zkillers and teozyj like this.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #43

PCP depend on supply & demand. When supply of applicants is low, they are willing to take in those who have less then 2 years of experience & even if part time jobs are counted too but at discount duration of experience.

However for any reason if you fail to graduate or serve the 3 years bond, you will much worst off cause of debts from liquidated damages & there is no such things as leniency. I advice you to pay your own school fees rather then take PCP sponsorship (Yes, it is a sponsorship & never a scholarship. They verbally sell it is scholarship but any document is stated as sponsorship).

For guys, your reservist is your own problem if you fail to get deferment & it is never the problem of WSG, School, sponsoring hospital. You will see more unfair terms in the sponsorship deed. Before you even see the sponsorship deed, sponsoring hospital may ask you to sign a Letter of Undertaking that you will pay for liquidated damages (Eg: S$1,000) if you decided not to take up the offered. Please note that the S$1,000 is for not taking up the offered PCP course & the amount for failing to graduate or serve the 3 years bond will be much more.
Wow, surprised that you're well informed in this matter too.

What he said is true and it does not only apply to PCP programs. It applies to any of the scholarships by MOH, such as the HMA/ HMS. You will need to pay $1000 liquidated fees if for any reason you're not able to take up the prescribed program. The main reason why I signed up for it is because of the financial and job security it provides. In my opinion, a 4 year bond, where the scholarship provides school fees, monthly stipend, overseas fees and settling down fees, I think it is worth it.
zkillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am jack of all trades but master of none.

Wish you pass out from the course & completed your bond.

Btw, get yourself a PhD if you intend to move up the ladder (Eg: consultant) cause it will become a norm soon.

Wow, surprised that you're well informed in this matter too.

What he said is true and it does not only apply to PCP programs. It applies to any of the scholarships by MOH, such as the HMA/ HMS. You will need to pay $1000 liquidated fees if for any reason you're not able to take up the prescribed program. The main reason why I signed up for it is because of the financial and job security it provides. In my opinion, a 4 year bond, where the scholarship provides school fees, monthly stipend, overseas fees and settling down fees, I think it is worth it.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #45

Thanks for the sharing Kyoji83! Holding on to the terms and conditions of sponsorship while studying in an intense course sure is risky and stressful. Lucky i did save up enough for my uni in SG but a pity could not get in
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.