www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   SIT Physiotherapy interview 2017 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/sit-physiotherapy-interview-2017-a-5593580.html)

Gghowsia 01-04-2017 05:14 PM

SIT Physiotherapy interview 2017

Hi guys my friends who applied for occupational therapy and radiography have received the interview email,anyone else applied for physiotherapy?? Any news yet?

Apollo97 01-04-2017 05:23 PM

I applied for physio but till now still nothing... sianz

Gghowsia 01-04-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo97 (Post 107210988)

Same! My friend said maybe they settle e interview in batches. OT first n then slowly physio. Im waitin too hopefully got good news..

potaetonuggetz 02-04-2017 09:10 AM

Hellooo! I applied for SIT-Trinity Physio (4 yrs prog) and I got a message on Wednesday. My interview will be this Wednesday 5/4. It's still only the first round so don't give up guys!!!! :))) All the best!!!!

Gghowsia 02-04-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potaetonuggetz (Post 107218983)
Hellooo! I applied for SIT-Trinity Physio (4 yrs prog) and I got a message on Wednesday. My interview will be this Wednesday 5/4. It's still only the first round so don't give up guys!!!! :))) All the best!!!!

Really??? Oh dear **** man i stilk haven receive any news sigh

zjdrozario27 04-04-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gghowsia (Post 107210894)
Hi guys my friends who applied for occupational therapy and radiography have received the interview email,anyone else applied for physiotherapy?? Any news yet?

Hii my friend and I both got news ytd (mon) for our physio interview. We took As with our H2s being ABB and BBC. Don't give up hope yea, there's still 2 more batches of interviews! Good luck to all!

PenalCramp 04-04-2017 07:21 PM

Hi i just gone for the mmi for physiothetapy with honours. All the best applicants!

zjdrozario27 05-04-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenalCramp (Post 107266382)
Hi i just gone for the mmi for physiothetapy with honours. All the best applicants!

Hi! do u mind sharing what the interviewers asked u and wat u needed to write about for the essay? Thhanks !!

desmondyeo1289 05-04-2017 10:25 PM

What is the cut off point each for physio and occupational therapy for A level students?

crunchyfrosties 06-04-2017 04:19 PM

Hi guys!!

I got called in for Radiation Therapy. I know it's not relevant to physio but I was wondering what relevant documents do I have to bring for my results in poly? As I have not officially graduated and therefore my transcripts are not out yet.

Thank you! :)

Gghowsia 06-04-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyfrosties (Post 107301198)
Hi guys!!

I got called in for Radiation Therapy. I know it's not relevant to physio but I was wondering what relevant documents do I have to bring for my results in poly? As I have not officially graduated and therefore my transcripts are not out yet.

Thank you! :)

I think u shld request for a set of academic transcripts from your sch bcuz r interviewers might have to check the results etc!

PenalCramp 07-04-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjdrozario27 (Post 107275841)
Hi! do u mind sharing what the interviewers asked u and wat u needed to write about for the essay? Thhanks !!

hi! Was told not to share the info. But i can tell you to read up on curriculum of physiotherapy in sit. And understand the current healthcare issues in singapore. Also having knowledge of ethics in healthcare! All da bestttt

zjdrozario27 07-04-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenalCramp (Post 107310482)
hi! Was told not to share the info. But i can tell you to read up on curriculum of physiotherapy in sit. And understand the current healthcare issues in singapore. Also having knowledge of ethics in healthcare! All da bestttt

Ooo I didn't noe u were not supposed to share but thank u so much for the hints! :)

PenalCramp 08-04-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjdrozario27 (Post 107324581)
Ooo I didn't noe u were not supposed to share but thank u so much for the hints! :)

dont mind me asking. Whats your gpa ah? And semo diploma. I applied with a diploma in outdoor sports 3.46gpa and degree in sport and exercise science

Bompeepee96 10-04-2017 11:14 AM

Hi did anybody receive interview slots for 17th April that week for OT ?

heeeeeeelpme 12-04-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gghowsia (Post 107210894)

Hii your friend applied for radiation therapy or diagnostic radiography?

Aspiringparamedic 13-04-2017 03:04 AM

Hey Apollo, remember me? How time flies, it's been close to one year already. I really hope you'll get successful this time. All the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo97 (Post 107210988)

icyboiz 13-04-2017 04:35 PM

Just wondering, have anyone got your outcome yet?

zjdrozario27 17-04-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenalCramp (Post 107329565)
dont mind me asking. Whats your gpa ah? And semo diploma. I applied with a diploma in outdoor sports 3.46gpa and degree in sport and exercise science

Hi sflr, im from jc! 77.5/90 rank points

okGrace 17-04-2017 08:39 PM

Hi i applied for SIT-Trinity physio too with my H2s being ABC (C for bio and B for chem) but i haven't been shortlisted for interview 😕 from what i found on the website, the latest MMI interview dates are 17-22 Apr... do i still stand a chance?

icyboiz 17-04-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okGrace (Post 107500181)
Hi i applied for SIT-Trinity physio too with my H2s being ABC (C for bio and B for chem) but i haven't been shortlisted for interview 😕 from what i found on the website, the latest MMI interview dates are 17-22 Apr... do i still stand a chance?

yeap the calls can come as late as one day before.

on another note, not a single person receives their outcome yet?

J_aness 19-04-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icyboiz (Post 107501456)
yeap the calls can come as late as one day before.

on another note, not a single person receives their outcome yet?

Nope. I haven't received the outcome yet!!

zjdrozario27 20-04-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_aness (Post 107528458)
Nope. I haven't received the outcome yet!!

Yup me and my friends haven't got anything either. (Their RPs are 72.5 and 82.5)

g0rdie 22-04-2017 02:24 AM

Same here, PT interview. 5th April

No news so far

inzpiral88 22-04-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0rdie (Post 107580644)
Same here, PT interview. 5th April

No news so far

Today is the last batch for those who goes for the mini interview with SIT. I don't think you will get to know the outcome that fast in regards whether you are the first or 2nd batch. All the records during the interview process should be evaluated in the next few weeks. Earliest to know whether you are being selected in the final round with MOH should happen only after beginning May (if i am not wrong). Fyi, my interview was on 3 April for PT.

Unknown7383 22-04-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inzpiral88 (Post 107588076)
Today is the last batch for those who goes for the mini interview with SIT. I don't think you will get to know the outcome that fast in regards whether you are the first or 2nd batch. All the records during the interview process should be evaluated in the next few weeks. Earliest to know whether you are being selected in the final round with MOH should happen only after beginning May (if i am not wrong). Fyi, my interview was on 3 April for PT.

what do you mean by final round with moh?

inzpiral88 23-04-2017 11:52 AM

The MOH interview only applies for those applying through the Professional Conversion Programmes.

reverence 25-04-2017 02:20 PM

Called up the person and she said if no interview can just conclude that it's rejected. :(

Bailey11298 27-04-2017 12:30 PM

Hello! Anyone has any news/updates for physio?

g0rdie 27-04-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey11298 (Post 107681071)
Hello! Anyone has any news/updates for physio?

I've seen guys in this forum getting for OT/DR but none so far for PT

g0rdie 27-04-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0rdie (Post 107684395)
I've seen guys in this forum getting for OT/DR but none so far for PT

Just got offered via email. Gonna wait for PCP news

teozyj 27-04-2017 09:16 PM

Hi are there anyone who managed to get an interview or accepted for PT with unrelated diploma?

wtfman93 28-04-2017 06:27 AM

Hi G0rdie, when is your interview? Do you mind if i ask you how old are you?

g0rdie 28-04-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfman93 (Post 107696514)
Hi G0rdie, when is your interview? Do you mind if i ask you how old are you?

Mid 20s. Interview 5th April

wtfman93 28-04-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0rdie (Post 107696592)
Mid 20s. Interview 5th April

Ah.. I went on the same day as well.. are u currently working now? In similar setting?

Pizzam 29-04-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teozyj (Post 107691169)
Hi are there anyone who managed to get an interview or accepted for PT with unrelated diploma?

Hello, Yeap I'm from a unrelated diploma ,went for the interview on 10th April and got the offer on 26th April for Physiotherapy!

teozyj 29-04-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizzam (Post 107719120)
Hello, Yeap I'm from a unrelated diploma ,went for the interview on 10th April and got the offer on 26th April for Physiotherapy!

Hi Pizzam, thanks for replying! May I know your estimate gpa and did you work in a related field before applying or straight after poly/NS?

Pizzam 01-05-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teozyj (Post 107727856)
Hi Pizzam, thanks for replying! May I know your estimate gpa and did you work in a related field before applying or straight after poly/NS?

Hi! hahaha My GPA is 3.42 and i'm a fresh graduate from NYP with no health care related background and experience. P.s I think SIT doesn't really filter their candidates based on academic performance hahaha

teozyj 01-05-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizzam (Post 107747422)
Hi! hahaha My GPA is 3.42 and i'm a fresh graduate from NYP with no health care related background and experience. P.s I think SIT doesn't really filter their candidates based on academic performance hahaha

wow congrats! then it might be your personal statement or other factors. I did not even get a chance for the interview, might have to try again next year but may not get it too :(

PenalCramp 05-05-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teozyj (Post 107761262)
wow congrats! then it might be your personal statement or other factors. I did not even get a chance for the interview, might have to try again next year but may not get it too :(

hey! Personal statement is important. If you have work experience, you can try to applt in conjunction with wda's pcp too! Google it. Haha

teozyj 06-05-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenalCramp (Post 107823143)
hey! Personal statement is important. If you have work experience, you can try to applt in conjunction with wda's pcp too! Google it. Haha

Yeah not sure where did it go wrong for me lol. Oh i did knew about the pcp last time from my physiotherapist, did contact wda but they state all the work experience during my poly days were not counted so I did not met the 2yrs work exp for pcp for now. But if i am not wrong, pcp does not affect the chance of getting into the allied health course?:s11:

Kyoji83 07-05-2017 02:37 PM

PCP depend on supply & demand. When supply of applicants is low, they are willing to take in those who have less then 2 years of experience & even if part time jobs are counted too but at discount duration of experience.

However for any reason if you fail to graduate or serve the 3 years bond, you will much worst off cause of debts from liquidated damages & there is no such things as leniency. I advice you to pay your own school fees rather then take PCP sponsorship (Yes, it is a sponsorship & never a scholarship. They verbally sell it is scholarship but any document is stated as sponsorship).

For guys, your reservist is your own problem if you fail to get deferment & it is never the problem of WSG, School, sponsoring hospital. You will see more unfair terms in the sponsorship deed. Before you even see the sponsorship deed, sponsoring hospital may ask you to sign a Letter of Undertaking that you will pay for liquidated damages (Eg: S$1,000) if you decided not to take up the offered. Please note that the S$1,000 is for not taking up the offered PCP course & the amount for failing to graduate or serve the 3 years bond will be much more.

zkillers 07-05-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyoji83 (Post 107863016)
PCP depend on supply & demand. When supply of applicants is low, they are willing to take in those who have less then 2 years of experience & even if part time jobs are counted too but at discount duration of experience.

However for any reason if you fail to graduate or serve the 3 years bond, you will much worst off cause of debts from liquidated damages & there is no such things as leniency. I advice you to pay your own school fees rather then take PCP sponsorship (Yes, it is a sponsorship & never a scholarship. They verbally sell it is scholarship but any document is stated as sponsorship).

For guys, your reservist is your own problem if you fail to get deferment & it is never the problem of WSG, School, sponsoring hospital. You will see more unfair terms in the sponsorship deed. Before you even see the sponsorship deed, sponsoring hospital may ask you to sign a Letter of Undertaking that you will pay for liquidated damages (Eg: S$1,000) if you decided not to take up the offered. Please note that the S$1,000 is for not taking up the offered PCP course & the amount for failing to graduate or serve the 3 years bond will be much more.

Wow, surprised that you're well informed in this matter too.

What he said is true and it does not only apply to PCP programs. It applies to any of the scholarships by MOH, such as the HMA/ HMS. You will need to pay $1000 liquidated fees if for any reason you're not able to take up the prescribed program. The main reason why I signed up for it is because of the financial and job security it provides. In my opinion, a 4 year bond, where the scholarship provides school fees, monthly stipend, overseas fees and settling down fees, I think it is worth it.

Kyoji83 07-05-2017 07:21 PM

I am jack of all trades but master of none.

Wish you pass out from the course & completed your bond.

Btw, get yourself a PhD if you intend to move up the ladder (Eg: consultant) cause it will become a norm soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkillers (Post 107866703)
Wow, surprised that you're well informed in this matter too.

What he said is true and it does not only apply to PCP programs. It applies to any of the scholarships by MOH, such as the HMA/ HMS. You will need to pay $1000 liquidated fees if for any reason you're not able to take up the prescribed program. The main reason why I signed up for it is because of the financial and job security it provides. In my opinion, a 4 year bond, where the scholarship provides school fees, monthly stipend, overseas fees and settling down fees, I think it is worth it.

teozyj 07-05-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyoji83 (Post 107863016)

Thanks for the sharing Kyoji83! Holding on to the terms and conditions of sponsorship while studying in an intense course sure is risky and stressful. Lucky i did save up enough for my uni in SG but a pity could not get in :s22:

Kyoji83 07-05-2017 09:36 PM

Sometime it is a blessing in disguised. If one day you see a PCP drop out, do donate some money or help him/her if you can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teozyj (Post 107869245)
Thanks for the sharing Kyoji83! Holding on to the terms and conditions of sponsorship while studying in an intense course sure is risky and stressful. Lucky i did save up enough for my uni in SG but a pity could not get in :s22:

teozyj 08-05-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyoji83 (Post 107869810)
Sometime it is a blessing in disguised. If one day you see a PCP drop out, do donate some money or help him/her if you can.

Hopefully they will survive to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I could barely save myself :s13:

wtfman93 24-05-2017 01:32 PM

Has anyone been rejected and planning to appeal?

kitsura 24-05-2017 03:18 PM

Btw min for Western countries like Australia and US to practise as clinician is Masters for OT PT so if you are not planning to study until that level don't take up the Bachelor course.

wtfman93 24-05-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 108210674)
Btw min for Western countries like Australia and US to practise as clinician is Masters for OT PT so if you are not planning to study until that level don't take up the Bachelor course.

Yes true. PT is australia is very recognised and on par with medicine.