HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIT SIE (Land) - Another Uni to become Registered / Professional Engineer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #1

Exclamation SIT SIE (Land) - Another Uni to become Registered / Professional Engineer?

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure as of now almost everyone will know Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) belongs to one of the Autonomous University of Singapore.

I had been admitted into their Bachelor of Engineering w/ Honours in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Land) course also known as BEng (Hons) SIE (Land). Which has a through-train programme towards the Master of Engineering Technology in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Land) course also known as METech SIE (Land).

Ultimately I wish to become a registered professional Engineer in Singapore after completing this 4-years BEng / METech programme.

As I was browsing through this forum, I realised that a few posters stated only NUS / NTU engineering programme allows that to happen. Hence I sent an email to SIT in-regards to this and I received this reply:

"Our SIT curriculum of the 180 credits BEng (core modules) & Master (60 credits) is academically intensive and can better prepare our SIE Engineering students well for the PE (Professional Engineers examination) and for future job placement in the relevant industry.

SIT is currently in the process of seeking accreditation for our SIT-SIE programme with the Engineering Accreditation Board, pending for formal approval. Our 1st cohort of our SIE programme graduates are already out in the workforce this year and some are currently in pursue of their post-graduate programme with SIT.

Upon graduation from their Master and have acquired at least 4 years of relevant working experiences in a related work industry, our SIT-SIE graduates (at least 240 credits) will be eligible to apply for their PE registration examinations."

And according to their website under the Academics > Master's Programme,
It states that:
"The Master of Engineering Technology in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Land) is a 60-credit postgraduate programme for working professionals who are seeking to be a Chartered Engineer (CEng) and/or Professional Engineer (PE). This programme is a mandatory requirement to be eligible for consideration for CEng and PE (Mechanical) in Singapore and UK."
"The MEngTech programme will be seeking professional accreditation from the Engineering Accreditation Board. The first provisional accreditation exercise of the MEngTech with BEng was completed in November 2017."

Does this mean that SIT is now officially the 3rd University in Singapore other than NUS and NTU to allow their graduates to become an official registered Engineer?
DollyAiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
Master Member

But since they are "in the process", cannot say official yet?
Nicholas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #3

But since they are "in the process", cannot say official yet?

Yea.. But from the way they put it, it seems like they are really confident it will be approved... lol.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

That's how all companies does in order to attract customers lol.
Makunouchi_Ippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #5

That's how all companies does in order to attract customers lol.

Seems like it if u put it this way. teehee
Old 10-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #6
Honorary Member

Song booooo
Old 10-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #7

Song booooo

Not really if what they said ain't true.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #8
Master Member

Try post here:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/d...r-5572594.html

They might be able to help due to their experience
virus1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:57 PM   #9

i dont *think* there is PE license for SIE. only elec mech civil... *if* im not wrong last time sutd also say the same thing as SIT for the peb recognition etc. so many years liao is there any sutd grads become PE??
correct me if im wrong dont burn me. kyoji where are u? your favourite topic

cherryblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:46 PM   #10
Master Member

i dont *think* there is PE license for SIE. only elec mech civil... *if* im not wrong last time sutd also say the same thing as SIT for the peb recognition etc. so many years liao is there any sutd grads become PE??

Can ask TS to refer to this thread. Kyoji is there to give lots of useful tips in this thread regarding PE.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/d...r-5572594.html
virus1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 07:39 AM   #11

Try post here:

They might be able to help due to their experience
Alright will do. Thanks a lot!!
Old 13-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #12

Oww! That's so disappointing! Well, I think my "Land" ones are more towards Mechanical PE? And no! Why would I burn u! I am here to learn from all of you too!
Old 16-06-2018, 09:04 PM   #13

Should not be recognised yet.

you can check the PEB site and email their personnel to double confirm.
Sergios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 08:23 AM   #14

Just sent them an email. Will update here again once I get a reply. Thanks!
Old 17-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #15

Just sent them an email. Will update here again once I get a reply.

Thanks!
they will most probably just ask u to read their "approved qualification" pdf.
cherryblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.