HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SMU Information Systems Interview

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

SMU information systems alot of programming one ar? will a poly business student struggle in this course?? i applied cos of the low cut off, LOL wonder what are my chances of acceptance
Old 04-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #32

SMU information systems alot of programming one ar? will a poly business student struggle in this course?? i applied cos of the low cut off, LOL wonder what are my chances of acceptance
Hmm, if ur gpa is above 3.2/3.3, shud be safe...?

What SIS offered is far from what it promised.

From an existing student.
Mind to explain why? There are lots of potential students here.. Pls enlighten us before we decide to go that school.. lols
littlelollipopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think GPA not very important in SMU. Interview is more important. I was rejected twice; NYP Dip in IT, GPA 3.50.

This tuesday will be my third interview.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #34
Master Member

I think GPA not very important in SMU. Interview is more important. I was rejected twice; NYP Dip in IT, GPA 3.50.

All the best bro.

Stay confident, speak up!.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #35

Interview Question

Hi all! I had an Interview on next tue.. Do anyone know what kind of question will be out?

And is it ok to wear jeans there?

Thanks
Gine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #36

Hi, my interview also on Tue. May I know your time slot?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #37
Supremacy Member

Hi all! I had an Interview on next tue.. Do anyone know what kind of question will be out?

And is it ok to wear jeans there?

Thanks
the min u shld wear is long sleeve shirt, pants and leather shoes.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #38

Oh. I dun have any formal pants! Only have jeans... Though for IS interview don't need to be that formal?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

Oh. I dun have any formal pants! Only have jeans... Though for IS interview don't need to be that formal?
then it's time to get one.. no one will mark you down for wearing formal.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #40

well.. for e first qn, in SIS we are mainly taught java in year 1. i went into sis without any programming background. i'm surviving. you might have some problems with java initially. but, if u are hardworking enough, you should be alright.

i must say, sis dropout rate is pretty high. do a google search and you will know what i mean. you definitely must be able to take the stress from projects etc.. and of course, equipped with good time management skills. besides that, i think smu is a good environment.
mxxuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #41

Kinda miss this interview. It was fun man!
HEY!!! u r de guy that we met up for the sis tea reception at city hall mrt last yr right? haha
mxxuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #42

SIS has the highest dropout rate in the entire SMU, so if your interest isn't there, do reconsider.

Also, many came to SIS with the thought of a backdoor entry to their desired degree programme, e.g. accountancy, business management. You will not be allowed to switch your degree programme once you are in SIS. Instead, you will be encouraged to take on a second major, if you are good enough, a double degree. In fact, a second major is compulsory for all SIS students and you will probably be asked to have a face-to-face meeting with the Dean if you insist on not taking a second major.

yamashita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #43
Master Member

Anyways, if you are prepared to come into SMU, you'll need formal wear + blazer too.

There will be tons of formal presentations. So it's a start.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #44
Supremacy Member

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...php?p=44874629

In terms of salary, graduates from SMU's Information Systems Management course earned the highest mean monthly salary of about S$3,450.
Don't know how accurate this is but with these kind of survey results, expect competition to be hot again as SMU applications have yet to close. Good luck to all those applying or shortlisted for interview!
ehsevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #45

I'm gonna wear long sleeve shirt and jeans to the interview..
i dont really think formal is necessary
anyone doing the same?
MarceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.