HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SMU SIS OR SIT SOFTWARE ENGINEERING?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #1

SMU SIS OR SIT SOFTWARE ENGINEERING?

Anyone has been through/is going through either courses?
Please provide some insights!

In a dilemma now.. Can't decide which course to take.

I've heard that SMU SIS students are far less technical.. They don't learn much programming and when they graduate, mostly do consultant roles.
Jiamjiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #2

Do you want to learn more technical programming?
yugiohja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #3

Yes, so im wondering if SMU SIS software development track teaches technical programming too.. I went to see the mods but can't really tell if they just teach the surface stuff or in depth programming skills
Old 08-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #4

SMU SIS' framework is still partially business, so you will be taking the business-related modules while learning some of the programming as well. SIT is known more for learning programming in depth, so I really hope you choose based on what you want to learn more. I get why you are in a dilemma as SMU itself has "better" recognition, but please remember what's even more important than the brand is what these universities are known for. SIT will def prepare you with more specialized aspect of software engineering/creating more specialized/complex app while SMU will prepare you more on application of these means you are provided with.

Sorry if it didn't help you much ://
carly4song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #5

SMU SIS' framework is still partially business, so you will be taking the business-related modules while learning some of the programming as well. SIT is known more for learning programming in depth, so I really hope you choose based on what you want to learn more. I get why you are in a dilemma as SMU itself has "better" recognition, but please remember what's even more important than the brand is what these universities are known for. SIT will def prepare you with more specialized aspect of software engineering/creating more specialized/complex app while SMU will prepare you more on application of these means you are provided with.

Sorry if it didn't help you much ://
Thank you for your input!! Appreciate it alot
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.